Am I supposed to be this nervous............?

robrandalgz

2023 Budget Championship #CanyonCowboys
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
My oldest daughter is getting married today and I am a freaking ball of nerves this morning. I always thought the moms were supposed to be the nervous ones. I was great all this week. Did a lot of prep over the last few days. We did the rehearsal dinner last night and everything was great. We went to the reception hall last night to make sure all the final details were in order and I left feeling great! All things are in order and we are ready to roll. I get home last night ready for a good night's sleep and....nope. I haven't slept a wink and I've been pacing the house for two hours. Ugh. I'm so happy for them both but I am a nervous wreck this morning. Good Lord, May the 4th be with me today.

Your baby is leaving, you should be. You will be fine, congratulations and enjoy the day.

My best and only advice I have for you is that regardless of what goes wrong, just let it pass and focus on having a wonderful time, enjoying the moments, and making memories with your daughter.

Congratulations!

Congrats!! Enjoy the day as best you can!

My best wishes to your daughter. As for the wedding, all will be well, don't sweat the details and enjoy the day making memories.

There is zero doubt that both shortly and far into the future, you will look back upon today with the most fondest of memories. You'll indulge as you recall her smile, your dance together, her embrace. It's one of life's crowning achievements in all things parenthood.

So release your anxiety by committing to the moment that you know in your heart is every bit as special to you as it is your lovely daughter.

Today she becomes a wife. Forever, she'll so contentedly remain as your little girl.

Congratulations to all.

Id say its perfectly understandable. You want your little girl to have a perfect wedding day.

Gotta imagine I’d be a ball of nerves! Enjoy it, get some drinks into your system and try to engage with friends and fam as much as possible

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My daughter is 3 and I'm already nervous.

My daughter is only 8 but I know I'm going to feel the same way.

We had the daddy/daughter dance at her school last night and at one point we were dancing to a slow song and I started thinking about her and how we don't have many more years of this left. It hit me hard and I got pretty emotional for a minute. I can only imagine how hard it will be when she gets married and starts a new life.

Congrats man, I can only imagine the nerves and all the emotion realizing your baby’s grown up and becoming independent. Give her the most beautiful day you can possibly give her and live happily with all the memories you’ve created over the years. Be a proud poppa

Congratulations, when my wife and I got married my father in law never really gave her away. He gave a big nice long speech about how he welcomed me to the family but he was not going to let his little girl go.

Back