Best Form of The Potato

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Used to be a topic on THP radio for guests, wanted to ask here. Could be anything from fries to mashed or anything in between.

Give us your choice and why.

I probably eat fries the most, but my favorite is a good old fashioned baked potato with all the fixings.

My personal favorite is tots. The are more porous than fries so they get a lot crisper when fried. They hold salt perfectly also.

Chips. OMG!

Seasoned fries.

Sweet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

breaded fried and seasoned

you Americans call them wedges, we Canadians call the mojos even though American mojos are a different thing

Oh man, this is tough. So many good options that are good in so many different ways. What it's paired with has a huge impact as well. A baked potato goes great with a steak. Fries or tots go great with burgers. Chips and a sandwich. Mashed potatoes and meatloaf. Eggs and hashbrowns. Not to mention the different variety of fries. Homestyle, french fries, wedges, shoestring, curly.

I'm hungry.

Sliced thin, wrapped in foil with butter, garlic, carrots, onions & on the grill.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I love potatoes every way you can fix them, but if I had to pick one it would be a loaded baked potato.

Best Form of The Potato

Waffle fry. Specifically from Chic-Fil-A.

Chips. OMG!
Chips for sure but potatoes are such a versatile vegetable. They're great any way.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Mashed. With everything

Being a potatoholic, it’s hard to pick one. But, I don’t eat them too often, and I’ve got a craving for pork chops so, I’ll go with mashed with good, homemade gravy made with the grease in which the chops were fried.

Cooked! About the only way I can think of that I don't like potatoes is raw. One of my favorites is cut like fries, wrapped in foil with garlic, onion, butter , salt and pepper, then thrown on the grill.

There is no sigular answer to the question. Crispy hash browns, well done waffle fries from Chick-fil-A and Hasselback baked potatoes to be a few.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

crispy cooked home fries, demon carbs though

Baked sweet potato, with a bit of butter and brown sugar. Yummy and nice flavor.

Either criss-cuts or curly fries

When made correctly, hash browns are the right answer. Kartoffelpuffer (German potato pancake) are also quite good.

Last edited:
Twice baked potatoes. I not only get the whole shooting match but also the skins from my wife and daughter to melt cheese in for another meal or snack.

If I had to pick one it would be twice baked potatoes, with JoJo wedges a close second.

Au Gratin

I'll take them gently mashed (with lumps) with cream cheese, half and half, and bacon (or sausage). Can't imagine there's a better side dish out there with a carb as the main ingredient.

4-way tie for first

Baked, loaded
Fries
tator tots
hash browns

Back