dragnframe

Reaction score
Handicap
Looking at maybe trying a watch out. Things I know I want,

1: Be able to tell time read that some don't actually have the time on them
2: Be able to display front, center , back, without having to toggle through different screens
3: Easy to read, Not sure if they make them with color screens, but I would like it to be bright and easy to read.

So, what are some good choices.

Thanks

I just bought a Garmin Vivoactive and it is so much more than just for golf. I wear it daily. It gets all the notifications from your phone. It has over 30,000 courses available. Gives front back and center. Is color screened that is very vibrant outside. This is also an amazing fitness watch for your running, swimming, walking. I really enjoy it and it is moderately priced around 170.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been really happy with my Bushnell Neo XS.

Cheap, good (free) course library, decent battery life.

I recently changed from a garmin S3 to a bushnell Neo xs. The bushnell has far better battery life, easy to read, smaller and feels lighter. The garmin was Asia specific only where as the bushnell no matter where I travel I can plug it into my laptop and add nearby courses. Their CS is also better for adding new courses. I'd been requesting the course where I work to be added for last two years and Garmin never did it. Sent bushnell a course request and two days later it was added.

Tapped from my smarter than me phone.

Another vote for Neo XS.

Well, from someone who went from a handheld to a watch (one round with it so far). I really like the Neo XS. Very simple and can read it easily.

I just bought a Garmin Vivoactive and it is so much more than just for golf. I wear it daily. It gets all the notifications from your phone. It has over 30,000 courses available. Gives front back and center. Is color screened that is very vibrant outside. This is also an amazing fitness watch for your running, swimming, walking. I really enjoy it and it is moderately priced around 170.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like that this has more function then just golf. Do you have to pay a yearly fee for the coruses?

I recently changed from a garmin S3 to a bushnell Neo xs. The bushnell has far better battery life, easy to read, smaller and feels lighter. The garmin was Asia specific only where as the bushnell no matter where I travel I can plug it into my laptop and add nearby courses. Their CS is also better for adding new courses. I'd been requesting the course where I work to be added for last two years and Garmin never did it. Sent bushnell a course request and two days later it was added.

What all does the neo do? Can it get phone alerts.

What all does the neo do? Can it get phone alerts.

No to phone alerts, I would not have brought it if did, my phone goes in the bag or cart and only comes out if there is a very long wait on the tee or between shots.

It gives front middle back distances on the main screen then you can scroll through with the buttons to hazard distances, then again to time, playing time and distance travelled. Its simple and easy to use. Only problem I have had is with their app on my macbook, it can take a while for it to sync up, other than that personally I think it is a excellent watch.

I like the Garmin S1 & S2, simple to operate, easy to read, always showing your front/MIDDLE/back numbers, a qwk button push for time then push again to go back to round

My Bushnell Neo X (not XS) started dying before the end of a round so I just replaced it with a refurb Garmin S2 ($99 on Amazon). Only a couple of rounds so still getting used to it but I like the S2.

Best Gps watch?

Bushnell will also have a new watch coming out in the next month or so "Neo Ion". That's the one I have my eye on. There's a preview thread on it here in THP.

Really like my Garmin S1. I bought the new S6 but I don't like it as much as the S1. The S6 is just too hard to read, it's not as defined as the S1. Plus I decided I really didn't need all the bells and whistles on the S6 so I sold it. S1 is simple, readable, and accurate.

The garmin was Asia specific only where as the bushnell no matter where I travel I can plug it into my laptop and add nearby courses

i bought the Garmin S3 in is the USA so uncertain if it is different than version sold elsewhere, but I can add courses from anywhere in the world by using the Garmin Updater on line. I have only ever had the S3 so can't compare to other GPS watches but can not get,again ne wanting more. Just so simple to get the info I use on ththe course

keith

I have been using the Garmin S2 and like it so far, simple and easy to read

I have been using the Bushnell Neo-x for the last couple of seasons and love it, very accurate and good battery life. The newer models are even better.

Love my Neo XS Bushnell. Light, quick to charge, accurate and gives hazards when needed. Really happy with it.

Back