Pancake vs Waffle

Waffle is my 1st choice & French Toast is a close 2nd! Pancakes are a solid pass for me! My grandmothers Corn fritters or potato pancakes with real maple syrup!

waffle. because nooks and crannies. pancakes are just too heavy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Waffles hands down and any other opinion is wrong. Hehehe.

I think it depends where you get them. Kate's Pancake House here in Carolina Beach has great pancakes. The Dixie Grill in Wilmington has amazing sweet potato pancakes, but if I want a waffle, I go to Waffle House because I'm a Waffle House kinda guy!

This is a great question but I don’t feel like anyone should make this decision before getting fit.

This made me truly laugh out loud.

Really surprised by the all the waffle votes. I am more of a pancake guy myself. The sharp crisp edges of a waffle are a no go for me.

I am too! JB and I both said pancake, because a bad pancake is still good, but a soggy waffle is no good. Don't get me wrong I love both, and when I splurge, I almost always go sweet for breakfast. Chocolate chip pancakes are usually my go-to.

My wife and I have this debate pretty often and I'll always go with pancakes. Maybe I've had too many hotel do it yourself waffles but pancakes always hit the spot.

I don’t have much of a sweet tooth so I’ll say neither but if I have to choose it would be waffle. I’d much rather have any type of egg/protein. I don’t eat pancakes or waffles more than once or twice a year and that is a partial one that one of my daughters couldn’t finish.

I enjoy pancakes, but waffles are the clear winner for me. This may sound a bit odd but I like to have a crispy waffle then spread peanut butter on it and cover it syrup. Add some crispy bacon as a side and that's a little piece of Heaven right here on earth.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Personally I go crepes pretty much all the time. But if forced to choose I’d go waffles. Nice little built in holders for the syrup.

I love that this was a conversation gg and you had. Dorks, maybe a little but awesome just the same. Bonnie and I have had the same discussion usually while having waffles or pancake. I'm in the waffle camp but she champions pancakes. Guess which we have more often...

Random thought here - Chick-Fil-A sells waffle fries, not pan fries. Coincidence? I think not.

I prefer waffles but wouldn't turn down a pancake, maybe ever.

I love me some pancakes. Waffles are good, but it's impossible to beat a good stack of pancakes in my eyes.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Depends on how you dress it really. Waffle with Ice cream wins, but it’s hard to beat a solid chocolate chip or cinnamon roll pancake too.

Waffles. More fun to make. They are lighter and it is fun to fill the grid with syrup.

Even batter, add some fruit which stays on the waffles without having to chase them all over the plate

I love waffles ... but, I love pancakes, too. Going to buck the trend here and go with pancakes for the win (topped with real butter and Mrs. Butterworth's syrup).

Waffles for sure, also take a lot more culinary skill to make a good waffle as the batter is tougher.

Chocolate Chip Pancakes all day long for me. I will not turn down a waffle tho!!

I wonder if there is a US location pattern to this answer?

Skimmed the thread but didn't see this mentioned yet..... I have yet to see a place offer chicken and pancakes -- and it doesn't even sound right. The obvious answer is waffles > pancakes. I would never turn either option down, but my preference is a waffle.

Edit - someone else gets it....so I have to give credit:

Waffles for sure. Because no one eats chicken & pancakes.

Pancakes. Crispy is for bacon.

I am a waffle guy, I would take a good Belgian Waffle over a pancake any day.

I don’t even know how this is a debate, waffles all the way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Waffles for sure.

If I don't have a waffle iron, a pancake will do in a pinch.

Otherwise, no contest. Waffles are better than pancakes and Belgian waffles are even better still.

I have to agree with the Waffle crowd!

Back