Pancake vs Waffle

Fluffy pancakes are hard to beat...

Waffles. They hold blueberries, strawberries, peaches and other soft fruits as well as various flavored syrups and toppings like whipped cream or ice cream. I do waffles at least once a week before golf and its a perfect carb load.

Which is better? Neither, they are both equally delicious.

Waffles all day.

Waffle eating out; pancakes at home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Very much this.. although friends got us a waffle maker for a housewarming so may have to try some variations.. first up is Choco chip

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Im going pankcakes

Having lived in Belgium for a few years. Waffles hands down.

Waffle, by a million miles. But in either case it has to be done right.

Pancakes are done soggy more than waffles in my experience.

Fluffy pancakes or crispy eggo waffles!

Waffles, they have all the holes to hold the butter and syrup.

Pancakes always seem like a good idea then half way through you are always wondering why you did this to yourself.

pancakes, unless you are in Belgium

I much prefer pancakes. I like both the taste and the texture better.

Waffle
Pros:
Pockets to hold syrup, jam/jelly. More difficult to be served or make a bad waffle.
Cons:
Can only make one at a time. Requires different equipment to make different sizes.
Pancake
Pros:
Easily make different sizes. Multiple can be made at the same time.
Cons:
The "saddle blanket" the awful pancake that no matter how much syrup is used it is still dry and lumpy.

Winner - Waffles!!

I had pancakes for breakfast this morning,but Belgium Waffles for the win.Our waffle maker is down,need to find another.

Ok it look's like most agree that waffles are better.....how about making different food in your waffle irons? Brownies in the waffle iron are sooo good. and hash browns too.

Depends on mood and how they’re prepared. But come football season Saturday’s are waffles every morning pre game during ESPN game day. Varieties include but not limited to blueberry, chocolate chip, Belgian, birthday cake, and apple cinnamon.

Same with pancakes but banana walnut is my favorite.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has anyone tried those Japanese ultra-fluffy pancakes? I see them all over instagram and feel like they'd be neat.

Has anyone tried those Japanese ultra-fluffy pancakes? I see them all over instagram and feel like they'd be neat.

I hadn't heard of this until I just looked it up. Looks like they have whipped egg whites added to the batter. May have to try this.

depends on who is making them.

Pancakes at home and certain resutants. Its really hard to make a terrible pancake so its usually a more reliable choice. My Favorite pancake is from a place in Tacoma, WA called The Old Milwaukee. One pancake takes up the whole 10" plate that they are delicious! They make the batter fresh every morning and when it runs out, they dont make any more until the next day.

Waffles if they are the light, fluffy, slight crisp on the outside kind. Elmer's is a local diner chain (similar to Denny's but actually decent lol) they are a great example of a good belgian waffle.

Waffles! The pockets perfectly hold the syrup in place.

Hands down pancakes but i am only taking Pancakes as I make them into consideration. I hate big, thick dry breakfast joint cakes. I like a thinner cake, with a touch of sugar and lemon, more eggs in the batter, cooked in an oily pan. They come out soft and a touch rubbery, kind if a pancake/plotski blend (are you hearing that Rich). omg I want some now

Back