Pancake vs Waffle

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
GG and I are currently debating this topic. Yes I know we are dorks. Which one is better and why?

Tough call. I think pancake wins for simplicity, all the same flavor options ,no special equipment required.

I hate to be that guy, but since I am that guy....french toast ftw

Pancake vs Waffle

Waffle - no question! With the little squares you get way more crispy-ness yummy-ness. It also holds syrup in each square where the pancake just allows it to roll off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Waffles is the answer. Perfectly catches the syrup for a waffle to syrup ratio per bite

Waffle eating out; pancakes at home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cinnamon waffles with warm syrup

Nice crispy waffles with maple syrup and a side of fresh fruit. Delicious.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Waffle or sure. As others have stated, it holds the syrup and doesn't soak in as much.
However, if you are putting an over easy egg on top then has to be a pancake, and yes syrup over the egg and all.

Waffles all day!!! I like some peanut butter on top and then a drizzle of syrup, so freaking good!

Between the 2, I have to go with waffles. But I'm with jim54 that French Toast blows both of the choices away.

Pancake vs Waffle

Waffles for sure. Because no one eats chicken & pancakes.

This is a great question but I don’t feel like anyone should make this decision before getting fit.

Waffles for sure. Because no one eats chicken & pancakes.

This is a good answer.

Waffles, but they need to be crisp.

Waffle. On a stick.

Waffles don't get as water/syrup logged as quick.

Waffles are pancakes with a syrup trap. - - - Mitch Hedberg

Pancake vs Waffle

I prefer a waffle between the two but can’t go wrong with a good pancake either. What about French toast? I’d argue that sometimes isnwvwn better than both

Waffles, my go to breakfast item at hotels, if available!

Really surprised by the all the waffle votes. I am more of a pancake guy myself. The sharp crisp edges of a waffle are a no go for me.

I've never turned down a pancake, but the clear answer is waffle.

Pancakes at the Cracker Barrel waffles at home

Back