CURE EVENT extra rounds and hotels

I booked my hotel at the Hampton Inn in Owego.

This is the route I would go nicer than all other options. The Treadway is older not awful though. Right next door to the Hampton.

Might be me but I try to avoid comfort inns even if they are new unless it is the only option

This is the route I would go nicer than all other options. The Treadway is older not awful though. Right next door to the Hampton.

Might be me but I try to avoid comfort inns even if they are new unless it is the only option

There was no Hyatt or Starwood, so I go to Hilton since they matched my Diamond status. I get nothing except Gummi Bears and a Fresca for Diamond at a Hampton, but at least its something.

Yuck. I went to a *gasp* prom there 4 million years ago. I think some bill it as the nicest in that area. How do the other two rate on Trip Advisor?

My buddy says the Comfort Inn is only a few years old…how bad could that be…?

The Treadway had more "Terrible" reviews than "Excellent". The Hampton Inn was rated the #1 in Oswego (About $95+), the Holiday Inn Express was #2 ($113+), and the Comfort Inn in Apalachin was #1 there ($85+). Pretty good reviews at those three. The Comfort Inn does appear to be new. They only have 74 reviews, 64 of which were excellent.

The Treadway had more "Terrible" reviews than "Excellent". The Hampton Inn was rated the #1 in Oswego (About $95+), the Holiday Inn Express was #2 ($113+), and the Comfort Inn in Apalachin was #1 there ($85+). Pretty good reviews at those three. The Comfort Inn does appear to be new. They only have 74 reviews, 64 of which were excellent.

Keep in mind there is only a couple hotels in each of those areas (all the ones listed are the only ones I know of and I passed by them for a good four years every day while living there). Wouldnt go only by the rankings both are very small areas.

En-Joie has a good reputation but I have never played there myself.

Wife has a cousin who is a former teaching pro at one of the major Orlando courses (Grand Cypress?) who now runs a small place near the Binghamton airport with simulators and a driving range (Legends Golf Center). I'll ask him for suggestions.

If I learned anything about past events, it's that the more event attendees that congregate at the same hotel, the more epic the event seems to be.
Words of wisdom right there. Although I am thinking OC missed a step - you have to actually get on the plane first :)

Words of wisdom right there. Although I am thinking OC missed a step - you have to actually get on the plane first :)

good thing this one is in driving distance

En-Joie has a good reputation but I have never played there myself.

Wife has a cousin who is a former teaching pro at one of the major Orlando courses (Grand Cypress?) who now runs a small place near the Binghamton airport with simulators and a driving range (Legends Golf Center). I'll ask him for suggestions.
En-Joie is solid I worked there for a few years/was a member for one. Tight tree lined course not to long but very solid.

The links where the event is very very solid as well

Conklin is a bit of a drive but very nice as well.

After that you take a bit of a step down and get courses like endwell greens,traditions and a few others. All playable but I personally used to stick to one of the top 3 when choosing where to play. All have reasonable rates and offer something different from the others.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Keep in mind there is only a couple hotels in each of those areas (all the ones listed are the only ones I know of and I passed by them for a good four years every day while living there). Wouldnt go only by the rankings both are very small areas.

I agree on rankings. There are only 2 hotels in Apalachin, for instance. But, I do take notice of the reviews, especially when they have large number bad ones. I pay more attention to Trip Advisor than the hotel's own review pages.

I'll end up staying where the majority stays. The after hours camaraderie is worth more to me than saving a buck. But, my vote would be for the Hampton Inn, since it is close to the restaurant and you generally know what you're getting with them--nothing really special, but decent value for your money.

I agree on rankings. There are only 2 hotels in Apalachin, for instance. But, I do take notice of the reviews, especially when they have large number bad ones. I pay more attention to Trip Advisor than the hotel's own review pages.

I'll end up staying where the majority stays. The after hours camaraderie is worth more to me than saving a buck. But, my vote would be for the Hampton Inn, since it is close to the restaurant and you generally know what you're getting with them--nothing really special, but decent value for your money.
The three main ones in owego (holiday,treadway and Hampton) all share a parking lot (all owned by the same family or at least were 4 years ago ) so hopefully even if you guys end up staying at different spots you will have a easy time meeting up. 100% agree with the Hampton assessment.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

That cuts deep Frank. But if it wasn't for me, the forum would've missed out on "Doogerville."

All right, Hampton inn it is.

Aaaaand I'm booked :)

I was surprised to learn that smoking rooms still existed in the States though.

I'm fine with Hampton Inn

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hopefully we can get switched to a non smoking before the event.

Hopefully we can get switched to a non smoking before the event.

should I call and ask? I couldn't find any non smoking 2 queens room online

Yea there is none that i could see with 2 beds .....bummer

did you call the hotel? or like me you only checked online
Checked the official website from the hotel

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

There's a good amount of time for cancellations to happen or rooms to free up, we can call when it gets closer to the event and see if we can switch.

You're looking about 3 hours away from where the event will be! :p

All 3 hotels in Owego flooded in 2011, so the first floors are relatively new. Hampton Inn is a solid choice.

JB, where are you guys eating Friday, or is it a surprise? Just curious.

You're looking about 3 hours away from where the event will be! :p

All 3 hotels in Owego flooded in 2011, so the first floors are relatively new. Hampton Inn is a solid choice.

JB, where are you guys eating Friday, or is it a surprise? Just curious.

We will be updating that one later. Its a pretty cool thing we will have set up for the participants including some matchup stuff.

I thought you were going to sign up for this one.

We will be updating that one later. Its a pretty cool thing we will have set up for the participants including some matchup stuff.

I thought you were going to sign up for this one.

Cool. I had a calendar reminder set up by my administrative assistant, but she put it on the wrong day so all my meetings got pushed to Monday the 21st that would have taken place on the 22nd :(

Cool. I had a calendar reminder set up by my administrative assistant, but she put it on the wrong day so all my meetings got pushed to Monday the 21st that would have taken place on the 22nd :(

You obviously fired her on grounds of THP tampering.

Back