2BFASTs Srixon QStar Tour vs Callaway ERC ball testing

2BFAST

Wiener Dog
Reaction score
Handicap
Trending..
Course was slow tonight so I slid over to 16 fairway off the range. I wanted to give a fair test of the two balls I’m battling back and forth with right now to show others the results I’m getting with them live. I’ll let the videos do the rest of the talking...

https://youtu.be/gwgTWho_6ZU

https://youtu.be/dF6TNxILQLw

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That was good stuff!!! Nice shots with the wedges. Greens look a bit soft, but in really good shape.

Looking good bro! Good job on the video!

That was good stuff!!! Nice shots with the wedges. Greens look a bit soft, but in really good shape.

They aren’t soft, receptive, but not soft. They are great actually.

Nice shots! Well done on the comparisons, any thoughts as to why one of the ERC balls rolled out more than the other?

I haven’t had the ERC really stop like that, not consistently at least, but the greens I play on aren’t really that receptive either, and I don’t usually see a lot of stopping power on most balls. My goal is always to play short and let the ball roll out a bit, so the ERC works well for me.

Nice shots! Well done on the comparisons, any thoughts as to why one of the ERC balls rolled out more than the other?

I haven’t had the ERC really stop like that, not consistently at least, but the greens I play on aren’t really that receptive either, and I don’t usually see a lot of stopping power on most balls. My goal is always to play short and let the ball roll out a bit, so the ERC works well for me.

Thanks man. Without seeing actual spin and launch it’s hard to say. I would assume I had a better strike on the one resulting in more spin. But without seeing actual numbers that’s a guess.

And everyone has to play their own game. I don’t play for a 2 hop stop shot all the time. There are times I want to roll out and run but I wouldn’t play my 58 for that. Just all depends on what is needed on that particular shot. I noticed the pin was front on 16 today and thought that would be a good pin to go after because there isn’t much green to work with from the front of the green to the pin

But mainly it was a comparison of two extremely affordable balls showing you don’t have to buy $50 per dozen balls to get tour quality performance. Plus, Iv never really gravitated towards Callaway balls and been seeing a lot of buzz on the ERC and thought I would give it a shot. Old saying goes, don’t knock it until you try it !

I assumed strike quality as well, that’s usually the cause for me.

Like you say, everyone has to play their own game, and the options we have make that pretty easy to do.

Again, excellent comparison between the two ball types.

Great job Brian! Agree with one of your key points...two great ball options to consider. BTW, the course looks nice.

Nice job with the videos, and quality golf shots. Thanks for posting.

Nice job, Brian. Nice to see a slower swing doing a test like this. When I first played the ERC I had better results than I have had lately, but I've also been struggling with my swing so I'm sure that is a factor.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Nice comparison thanks for doing that.

Good comparison for 2 quality balls

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the good work and info.

Thanks for tuning in guys. It would be fun to have a GCQ to get more data

Great videos Brian. QST is a great ball

Thanks for the videos, really enjoyed the commentary and seeing actual results with each ball.

Good stuff Brian! Looks like you could easily game either ball man. I don’t have much experience with either ball, but that’s some solid stopping power from 60-ish yards. I wouldn’t be upset with any of those results.

This was very well done and thank you for taking the time.

I haven’t played the Qstar, but what you saw with the ERC is exactly what I’ve seen the last few rounds. Put a good swing on it and they will check, otherwise play for the rollout you showed in the video.

Back