Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a different kind of Happy post, I spent Monday night doing a ride along with my son a Deputy in Orlando, Fl. I was so proud and happy to see how he interacted with people of all races and social status.

Respect was given to all and truly in this department there is no race preference towards treatment, all were treated the same and those that were respectful got it in return. It is a very mixed area (but low income) and I was amazed at how people react when confronted by the Police, most were nervous of course but by and large they all reacted well to being treated well and fairly. The shift squad is a mixed group of all races and one woman, mostly young as the older deputies want the day shifts, their consideration for each other and professionalism was just incredible for Deputies that were in their 1st year on the force.

These Deputies work their butts off all night to keep things safe, things like helping lost tourist that are wandering around in the worst possible place in Orlando. Homeless people that just need help with not getting killed by other homeless or predators, and folks with domestic issues that needed (most times) just to vent or have someone else tell them how to deal with their issue. I thought I knew what he did every night, but I was way off in how much they really do and get no thanks for it most of the time.

The stress on every traffic stop was palatable, not knowing who you were dealing with and how they would react is a great unknown and with the recent rash of Police shootings it is on their minds to do things by the book and take no chances.

Anyone that can should do a local ride along and see what is like from the other side of the fence, it will change your perception of Police forever. I am not a particularly religious person, but God Bless them and please keep them safe is what comes to mind.

It's like California up here right now and it's spectacular. After the long, wet, windy winter this sun and heat is so welcome!!!
Gonna pick up the wife and head to the beach for some dinner and drinks.

Played my first round of golf of the year!!!!! Score was brutal, balls were lost, but still had the low score of the group and took the $10 per person wager!

Got the results back from the ultrasound and got the all clear on the immediate fear of "C" but still not 100% clear. Lots more tests to clear before I can put this behind me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had a nice third anniversary breakfast with Mrs. Hicksta and we're having dinner at one of our favorite spots in Monterey tonight!

This time last year was one of my lowest time in my life. Going though a divorce, semi casual work and back surgery. It has come 360 for me now,was promoted to senior audio/visual tech at the hotel. Found an amazing partner and enjoying life again. Hard work and not giving up really paid off .

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

This time last year was one of my lowest time in my life. Going though a divorce, semi casual work and back surgery. It has come 360 for me now,was promoted to senior audio/visual tech at the hotel. Found an amazing partner and enjoying life again. Hard work and not giving up really paid off .

really happy for you Dustin, things do get better

Won a driver shaft from UST in the colorway I would have picked from their contests. Getting moved in to our new house this weekend. And it's almost April which means golf season is here!

Writing like a madman!!!!!!!!!

really happy for you Dustin, things do get better
Merci Martin,I knew they would just needed positive vibes and time.

A clean home is a happy home. Happy home equals happy wife, happy wife equals he has a happy life.

e532cc42023a53f997c0b39aaec4cc75.jpg

all ol good stuff and happy for you buddy.

all ol good stuff and happy for you buddy.
Thanks Eric,much appreciated. Need to meet up this year at an event buddy

It's Thursday and I don't work Friday, Sat or Sunday!! Happiness!

A clean home is a happy home. Happy home equals happy wife, happy wife equals he has a happy life.

I would like to thank this post a thousand times.

I feel like we are living in filth right now, I can't wait to clean the house this weekend. I mean I can, because I hate cleaning, but the house is a MESS!

That design on the left side of the Fireplace is exactly like the one that was over our fireplace when I was growing up in R.I. wow, that is some kind of deja vu right there.

Booked my flights to go see one of my favorite people #golfergal :D

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

At dinner with this hottie

0f2c899f2dff5e1bd06b7b43a91a9831.jpg

This makes me glad to hear. You deserve it Dustin.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

No doubt. Looking forward to this
Will do great sir,will PM you in the next few days on events.
This makes me glad to hear. You deserve it Dustin.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk
Thank you Rob,you helped me many times.

I'm so very happy for you buddy. You deserve it all.

I'm so very happy for you buddy. You deserve it all.
Thank you Frank,I enjoyed our talks. We need to link up agai soon.

Just got out a Dear Colleague letter for a project and, fingers crossed that I don't get massive questions immediately. Assuming that goes as hoped, now I just need to wait for the temps to warm up a bit so I can get out and play some golf! 38F right now. I need 40F before I even think about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back