Pacific Northwest/Vancouver, BC Golfers Group

Im not sure if this has been talked about as Im late to this thread but

What are your favourite vendors to pick up new or used clubs from? I ordered some clubs online a couple years ago and it worked out well but I would prefer to buy local. Does anybody have a good supply? Golftown is ok but their used selection is next to nothing.

From what i understand everyone on here uses CPO Callway preowned. Other than that I use craigslist sometimes.

Im not sure if this has been talked about as Im late to this thread but

What are your favourite vendors to pick up new or used clubs from? I ordered some clubs online a couple years ago and it worked out well but I would prefer to buy local. Does anybody have a good supply? Golftown is ok but their used selection is next to nothing.
I use THP Events, marketplace, eBay, course pro shops, and sometimes GolfTown if they have a good promotion going.

From what i understand everyone on here uses CPO Callway preowned. Other than that I use craigslist sometimes.

Callaway Preowned should come with a health warning for your wallet. I was thinking about setting up a firewall rule at home to block access to their site, but then I realized I'd just use either my phone or browse it from work.

One thing that is worth knowing is that CPO also see through eBay, and sometimes they'll clear extra stock through their that is even cheaper than their website.

Pagoda was in such great shape this morning. The greens there are slicker than snot and some tough pins led to us playing slap-tickle (441 ism) around the hole. Fairways were firm and dry.

They are so far ahead of everywhere else with regard to conditions it's ridiculous.

Pagoda was in such great shape this morning. The greens there are slicker than snot and some tough pins led to us playing slap-tickle (441 ism) around the hole. Fairways were firm and dry.

They are so far ahead of everywhere else with regard to conditions it's ridiculous.
I'm jealous dude. I need to join you up there at some point!

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Pagoda ate me alive! I scored my worst round since playing from the blues at Morgan Creek! The greens are really challenging. Nice course!

One spot available on our foursome tomorrow 1:52 PM at Kings Links, let me know if you're interested! 45$

Pagoda ate me alive! I scored my worst round since playing from the blues at Morgan Creek! The greens are really challenging. Nice course!
You really need to control your tee balls at Pagoda, and those greens are frightening to putt on if you are above the hole.

Anybody want to join me at Pagoda next Saturday morning? First tee time is still up for grabs at 7:29. Last weekend before they aerate.

Anybody want to join me at Pagoda next Saturday morning? First tee time is still up for grabs at 7:29. Last weekend before they aerate.
I am tempted, but I doubt Laura is going to let me the day before we fly to Hawaii. I will ask though.

Kings Links is really becoming my favorite course in the LMD... I like the challenge that the wind adds. Couple of frustrating short putt today due to the holes in the greens.. Other than that, I was able to strike the ball well and ended up with a 91.

I may take you up on that. Open to something a bit after 8 lol the drive in from the city is just the difference.

I may take you up on that. Open to something a bit after 8 lol the drive in from the city is just the difference.

How did it go at the falls?

How did it go at the falls?
Was tougher than furry creek. Shot a 94, but probably should have been a 87ish. Had 3 triples and a quad, but walked away with 2 birdies!

Last edited:
I need to be home as early as possible Saturday so I'm going to stick with 7:29. I've already booked in as a single at that time.

I need to be home as early as possible Saturday so I'm going to stick with 7:29. I've already booked in as a single at that time.
What time do you need to be home by? If I can give Laura a hard stop perhaps I can swing it haha

7:30 start means I'll be home at 11:30-12 assuming a 3.5 hour round. We will be the first group out so nobody to slow us down.

7:30 start means I'll be home at 11:30-12 assuming a 3.5 hour round. We will be the first group out so nobody to slow us down.
Cool so it would probably be around 1230 for me. I'll give it a shot and let you know

Sounds good. I am in if there is an open spot still.
Do you want me to call or do you just want to switch that to a 3some?

Last edited:
Sounds good. I am in if there is an open spot still.
Do you want me to call or do you just want to switch that to a 3some?
I switched the reservation to a 3.

Let me know if you can swing it Ryan.

No can do boys. Apparently we have to make a jaunt to Everett before our trip.

Hoping to get back in with you guys in May though!

No can do boys. Apparently we have to make a jaunt to Everett before our trip.

Hoping to get back in with you guys in May though!

Everett?! Lame. Hehe have fun buddy!

I'm spitballing an idea here...thinking about coming up to the Seattle area the weekend of July 4. Maybe take the family to a Mariners game that Sunday and play golf that Saturday. I really enjoyed that course we played last time I came up - Gold Mountain? - but would also like to try the University course some day. I know it's a ways off but I thought I'd toss it out there now in case anyone wants to meet up and play.

Back