arwin

Reaction score
Everybody knows what a ProV1 and ProV1x is. The name is widely recognized and when people shop for those balls, they know which ones to get, assuming they play the ProV1.

Even if they make changes to the ball year over year, it's still a ProV1.

Bridgestone does a similarly good thing with their 330's. If you play that ball, you'll know what to look for year over year. I think Srixon keeps the naming consistent with their Z-Star line as well.

With Callaway, Nike, and Taylormade I'm always lost on which model is their premium ball since they always seem to change the names.

For example, when I started playing more seriously, I found that I liked the 20XI's. Nike has switched from the 20XI to the RZN line and then the colour, which I still have no idea which one is their top ball. (Maybe RZN Black or Platinum...). In the Taylormade line, I've seen the Lethal, Tour Preferred and who knows what else there were.

Right now, I know I like the ProV1 and the 20XI as the more economic ball since I can get a lot of them recycled in AAAA mint condition.

I tend to get frustrated with the brands mentioned above because I constantly have to look up what their premium ball is. Although by now, I realized the Callaway premium ball is the Chrome soft. And sometimes when u find a ball in the bush, you want to know if you found a good ball. Lol!

For me, I feel like it hurts these businesses to keep changing the name of their balls. If they kept the same naming conventions, they would get more of a loyal following just like the ProV1 line.

What do you think? Should they keep the same names for their balls or should they keep changing it up to make it seem more intriguing_to lure in the sales?

Sent from my SM-G928W8 using Tapatalk

I do get confused on the names and who has what ... I wish they would stay somewhat stable in their naming conventions.

Good thing I am not in marketing, I would be tempted to brand a couple just "left" and "right" ...

My thought is more on business in general. You stick with something when it is working or there is a major change in marketing or technology and stick with something when it is selling.

Callaway is the Chrome Soft
Taylormade is Tour Preferred (they dabbled in others such as Lethal, Penta, etc in years past)
Nike is RZN but only a couple of balls are urethane
Srixon is Z-Star
Bridgestone is B330
Wilson is FG Tour or DUO Urethane

Back