THP Preview - Spand-Ice Back Pain Relief Aid

GolferGal

Chick Norris
Boss Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Golf
We just got a new product in from a company called Spand-Ice. They make products that, with the help of ice or heat, are supposed to relieve back pain. The company makes two different products, a full vest and just a waist band, and we received the full vest.

It's a zip up vest with an inside velcro closure to keep the packs tight against your back. Included with the vest were two ice/heat packs.

i-C2hM2hV-M.png
i-cNFKRTs-M.png
i-trWqkpX-M.png

As someone who has been a long time sufferer of back pain, I was very excited to give this product a try. Especially recently, where my back has been acting up a lot lately and I constantly find myself either laying on flat on the floor, on a foam roller, applying Salonpas or laying with a heating pad.

Since I have a heating pad, I wanted to try the ice feature on this first, so I have the two ice packs in the freezer right now.

I will use this thread to update my findings/results on how it works. I have high hopes and I really love the idea that it's a vest that will keep the ice/heat packs close against my skin.

i-78tFqsb.png

Here is some info from them about the product:

Clothing designed to reduce pain, inflammation, and muscle soreness for your back.

SPAND-ICE™ PATENT-PENDING TECHNOLOGY:

– Dual therapy pockets target both low and mid back areas
– Long-lasting reusable packs provide cold or hot therapy (Up to 3 hours)
– Adjustable compression secures the therapeutic treatment in place for maximum coverage and comfort
– The unique design allows for fast and easy wear and removal – even if you’re injured
– Specially insulated fabrics protect your body from therapy temperature extremes

Includes:
1 Revive Tank
2 Revive Thermal Therapy Packs

why didn't I think of that... that looks like a great Idea, I can't wait to see how it works

I'll be interested in hearing the results. I don't always suffer from back pain, but from time to time it does flare up on me.

Yet another, "why didn't I think of that" one. So simple, yet makes so much sense.

Yet another, "why didn't I think of that" one. So simple, yet makes so much sense.
Seems so easy to use as well.

Looks like a great idea, I was wishing for something like this the other day. Such a pain to keep hot/cold packs in place without lying completely still.

This is awesome. No having to sit there icing your back. Can get stuff done while your back is getting the treatment. I will be following closely for sure!

That looks like it ought to be a fantastic product - great for the post-golf or post-workout ice down!

Looking forward to hearing the feedback!

That looks like it ought to be a fantastic product - great for the post-golf or post-workout ice down!

Looking forward to hearing the feedback!

This is what I am thinking. Post golf, drive home could be absolutely perfect for me.

I'd definitely be interested in something like this going forward.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks interesting but more importantly, I hope it helps with your back, been there and it is no fun! Good luck!

One questions I already have is how will the ice packs freeze? My question being will they freeze flat. It seems that depending on how the ice pack is put in the freezer sometimes it isn't the flattest or has humps in it. Maybe this is just a problem I have though.

Knock on wood, not a ton of back issues, but will definitely be paying attention as my wife and a couple of friends suffer back pain regularly.

I can see this having great potential for helping many people with back pains.
Looking forward to hearing more about this.

I too suffer from lower back spasms so this will be interesting to follow

Perfect timing ... my back is still hurting ... look forward to hearing feedback. I think the waist belt would be more comfortable for me.

If this works at all for you, I will have one !

Checked out their web site, since I have frequent low back pain and this seems like it could be a great product. The have men's and women's sizes small to 2XL and run $150.

I have the vest on now, so far it feels fantastic!

One questions I already have is how will the ice packs freeze? My question being will they freeze flat. It seems that depending on how the ice pack is put in the freezer sometimes it isn't the flattest or has humps in it. Maybe this is just a problem I have though.

I just put it in between some boxes in the freezer and it froze flat. Doesn't feel lumpy at all.

Definitely interested to hear your thoughts. Something so easy to do yet I wouldn't have even thought about that. Like that you can use for heat or ice.

Thats a pretty cool device wish I had one of those after all my pt issues on my back.

First use felt good. It stayed cold for over an hour, but was never too cold that I had to remove it for a while. I wish it would wrap around my back a little more, so far that's the only negative I have found and that's just a personal thing for me.

I wake up every morning with pain so bad in my back I want to cry. Every morning when I wake up I bend forward and my back will crack a million times and the burning finally starts to subside. I am hoping consistent use with this will help alleviate that a little.

Back