Chicago area thread (Northern IL, Milwaukee, Northern Indiana too)

"My" last-ditch-effort. LOL. I know the hotel block expires on April 1st, and PhillyV mentioned he'll be looking for a headcount for the Saturday cookout soon.

is there room on the carpool?

is there room on the carpool?

Finally coming out of the winter "blahs", eh? :D

Regarding space, I'd have to defer to MSH or dhartmann, as we'll be taking one of their cars. I honestly don't know how much stuff can be put into a Jetta.

Finally coming out of the winter "blahs", eh? :D

Regarding space, I'd have to defer to MSH or dhartmann, as we'll be taking one of their cars. I honestly don't know how much stuff can be put into a Jetta.

I haven't been in town a lot in 2016, lots of things came up. Don't worry about the space. Seems like you guys are squared away anyway.

I haven't been in town a lot in 2016, lots of things came up. Don't worry about the space. Seems like you guys are squared away anyway.
Not squared away, yet. All depends on if Derek is able to make it or not, and he won't know for a couple of weeks, I think.

Not squared away, yet. All depends on if Derek is able to make it or not, and he won't know for a couple of weeks, I think.

all the same forget I mentioned it. thanks anyway

Any suggestions for courses in the Chicago area? I will most likely be down there some this summer because my gf was born and raised there (Hermosa), and all of her bff's still live there.

Any suggestions for courses in the Chicago area? I will most likely be down there some this summer because my gf was born and raised there (Hermosa), and all of her bff's still live there.

Personally I would start with this list. I'm sure I missed some pretty good courses, all of these would be worth playing. The starred courses are ones I have played multiple times and would be my personal first choices
*Cog Hill #4
*Cantigny
*Highlands of Elgin
*Bowes Creek
*Blackstone of Marengo
Prairie Landing
Mistwood
Bolingbrook Golf Club
Shepard's Crook
Thunderhawk
Stonewall Orchard
The Glen Club

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Personally I would start with this list. I'm sure I missed some pretty good courses, all of these would be worth playing. The starred courses are ones I have played multiple times and would be my personal first choices
*Cog Hill #4
*Cantigny
*Highlands of Elgin
*Bowes Creek
*Blackstone of Marengo
Prairie Landing
Mistwood
Bolingbrook Golf Club
Shepard's Crook
Thunderhawk
Stonewall Orchard
The Glen Club

Thanks, I'll have to check them out.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

*Cog Hill #4
*Cantigny
*Highlands of Elgin
*Bowes Creek
*Blackstone of Marengo
Prairie Landing
Mistwood
Bolingbrook Golf Club
Shepard's Crook
Thunderhawk
Stonewall Orchard
The Glen Club

Cog Hill #2
Arrowhead
Broken Arrow
are all I would add.

Did you say Blackstone? Wasn't sure.....it's been a while since you mentioned Blackstone.......After all, it is Blackstone. :alien:

Harborside International.

That's one I missed, good catch. I'm sure there are others.

Cantigny

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Oh wait, you said that one...my bad.

Who bought the Bowes Creek groupon? We're gonna set a day to go.

That was a great deal, unfortunately I was a day late!

I can't I didn't buy one cause I can't play during the week lol

Somebody say golf??

I think you might still have a couple more months of winter, no? Thought that's what happened once someone crossed the WI/IL border. LOL

I think you might still have a couple more months of winter, no? Thought that's what happened once someone crossed the WI/IL border. LOL

Yes. Golfed once. Then snowed again. Finally dried out again and heard MORE snow could be on the way.

Yes. Golfed once. Then snowed again. Finally dried out again and heard MORE snow could be on the way.

Ugh. That sucks. I am a little perturbed, as the temps for the weekend are still looking rather cool (highs in the 40s) - guess I was really jones-ing for a warmer spring.

Really hoping to get out Sunday afternoon. Will confirm if my 41 two weeks ago was real or a fluke.

Back