THP Regional Rivalry - DC/MD/VA vs Carolinas Sponsored By True Temper

Excited for my first lesson of the year today! Hope I mesh with this new instructor.

Excited for my first lesson of the year today! Hope I mesh with this new instructor.

Hope it works out for you (But not to well!!)

Remember, you want to have as MANY swing thoughts as possible. If you think it's too many...add 3 more. :D

Went to the range yesterday, under repair so nothing over 7iron. That's what I needed work on anyway. I think I was over-swinging, I had much better contact yesterday. Went to short game area, worked on Kegan video tip... did NOT have better contact. I think I'm afraid of yanking it left with that technique, get tentative and chunk it. I also got a putting mat with trade in money, so now I'll never miss from 5'...ever. :D

100 days left fellas. I hope everyone is getting ready.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

man, it seems so far away when you say it like that. But I bet it'll go quickly.

man, it seems so far away when you say it like that. But I bet it'll go quickly.

I hope so. So looking forward to this. On a side note I do not carry a 3 wood but I think I may need one for rnk. So I'm now pondering 3 woods.

I hope so. So looking forward to this. On a side note I do not carry a 3 wood but I think I may need one for rnk. So I'm now pondering 3 woods.

Neither do I dude, I carry a 5 wood and that's not going to change by then either.

I've got one that goes very short and crooked, I'll be glad to give it to you the morning of the event...just saying :D

Neither do I dude, I carry a 5 wood and that's not going to change by then either.
That 5 wood that goes further than most peoples driver. yeah, you don't need a 3 wood!!

I've got one that goes very short and crooked, I'll be glad to give it to you the morning of the event...just saying :D

Thanks for your generosity but I can make any of my clubs act that way already. Lol

Getting there slowly. Spent my lunch break at the course working on my putting. Progressing slowly but still lots of work to be done.

Getting there slowly. Spent my lunch break at the course working on my putting. Progressing slowly but still lots of work to be done.

Good stuff dude! Keep working, I want to see you play your best golf!

Got 9 in this afternoon and shot a 41. Didn't really hit the ball that well but grinded hard and my short game saved me.

I have a 4, so I am splitting the difference!

Hit the range last night, went o.k but my body felt a bit banged up, but I got a massage and trying to get in to my chiro this week. Physically taking care of aches, pains, etc is going to be as important as practice. The new position has been crazy, but should settle down in the next couple weeks. Going to the range tomorrow and going to really concentrate on wedge work. Playing Royal Manchester in York this weekend.

Hit the range last night, went o.k but my body felt a bit banged up, but I got a massage and trying to get in to my chiro this week. Physically taking care of aches, pains, etc is going to be as important as practice. The new position has been crazy, but should settle down in the next couple weeks. Going to the range tomorrow and going to really concentrate on wedge work. Playing Royal Manchester in York this weekend.

Good point about maintaining the body, not just for RR but for good golf in the future. I've been doing some simple yoga, and daily stretching of body part I neglected till recently.

Guess the road to improvement sometimes starts with a few steps backwards. Possibly the roughest day of golf related activities I've ever had. A very painful lesson today, none too pleased with how it went. Now to get to work, despite the disappointment.

Played 9 this morning. Played well enough through the first 8 holes and then doubled par on the 9th for a 47 (+12).

Average for me, so not overly disappointed. I wish I could have made a bogey or better on 9, but... it is what it is.

I hit some decent shots today... just didn't get anything close enough to score. Driver is coming around. I wish I was consistent with that club, though. One shot will go 270 on a rooe... the next will be a weak push-fade that goes 213.

Poor weather moving in tomorrow through Saturday morning means I'll be relegated to garage work until my tournament Saturday afternoon.

On another note... it was nice to get the lawn cut today at the house. It was getting out of control and my mower wouldn't start. Replaced the spark plug, cleaned out the carburetor, cut the grass and then hit pitches in the back yard.

2 days left to the week... then my vacation begins with the tournament Saturday followed by a week in Disney World with the wife and kids. That means lots of relaxation... lots of sun... and lots of rum.

Sent From My Samsung Note 4 Using Tapatalk

Guess the road to improvement sometimes starts with a few steps backwards. Possibly the roughest day of golf related activities I've ever had. A very painful lesson today, none too pleased with how it went. Now to get to work, despite the disappointment.
Keep at it bud! It'll all be worth it when the points you'll earn on July 9th help bring the trophy home!

Good stuff dude! Keep working, I want to see you play your best golf!

Thanks. I know you all will be ready so that helps with the motivation. I'm trying to squeeze in practice when and wherever I can. Don't want to look back and think I could have done more.

Keep at it bud! It'll all be worth it when the points you'll earn on July 9th help bring the trophy home!

Funny - not to hijack the thread, but I see you are from Rock Hill - I literally just got an internal job posting for a store managers position in Rock Hill. If it was 5 years later, and closer to Myrtle, I'd be all over it!

Funny - not to hijack the thread, but I see you are from Rock Hill - I literally just got an internal job posting for a store managers position in Rock Hill. If it was 5 years later, and closer to Myrtle, I'd be all over it!

I've been here for just over 2 years now and love it. A lot of people think it's a bad city, but we haven't had a single issue. It's close enough to Charlotte to get there... but it's far enough that I don't feel like I live in Charlotte. Tons of great courses near here too. I do wish it was a little closer to Myrtle or Hilton Head, but... overall, it's been a great move for our family!

It happens. Shake it off and keep working at it. It will come around. I've been playing like crap lately, but I know the practice I've been putting in will pay off here soon.

I put this in the local DMV thread but figured I would post it here also. Going to get out Sunday even if the weather is crap and wanted to see if any wanted to join. Let me know

Back