AT&T Byron Nelson field

Parrot

2025 Worldwide Golf Championship - Team ?????
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Just a quick scan through the field, Koepka, Reed, Leishman and Matsuyama are the only players in the world top 30 in the field. It seems being the week before the PGA really did a number on the field.

I'm sure the week before the PGA doesn't help, but I think the venue says more about the field.

As a DFW local, the buzz for the Nelson is not what it used to be.... I wasn't ever a big fan of the course in Las Colinas, but at least it had shade and good views of the action. It also had a GREAT beer garden that I loved when I was in my 20's...hahahaha. The new location (and now the date/timing...) seem to have stunted this tournament severely. The course is really spread out, there are virtually no trees for shade, and the field has been getting weaker and weaker the last couple years.

On the plus side, we have had ALOT of rain in the DFW area the past couple weeks, so the course will definitely be super green and lush, but I expect it to be soft and slow. We'll get some rain, possibly heavy amounts, again on Wednesday/Thursday and a cool front is coming thru...so temperature and heat should not be an issue this year.

Getting back to the lack of a competitive field and interest, being right before the PGA and the conditions/outcome last year definitely hurt. I remember this discussion coming up when the dates were changed and I expressed this concern then. Not sure how they'll get this one turned around as I can't see any other event being willing to swap dates now that the PGA follows the event.

Is this at the course that has Forest in the name and not a single tree in sight?

Is this at the course that has Forest in the name and not a single tree in sight?
Nailed it....they cut the forest down to put the course in.

In all honesty, it was built on an old landfill and is/was a swampy area. Gorgeous course and hopefully that'll show thru this weekend. The PGA being next week is the killer.......

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

From what I’ve read and heard from Dallas friends, it’s an absolute P I T A to get to the tournament. Is it true that general parking is at Fair Park with shuttles into course?

From what I’ve read and heard from Dallas friends, it’s an absolute P I T A to get to the tournament. Is it true that general parking is at Fair Park with shuttles into course?
From my understanding, yes...very limited parking, if any, is available at the course.

Again...poor planning and timing

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

We went last year and will never go back. Most holes including tees and greens you could only view from one side. Being built on a flat landfill they created a lot of mounding which screws with being able to see the golfers hitting their shots into greens or where tee shots ended up. Greens are raised so standing by a green you can’t see the hole they are putting to. Plenty of small concession stands but with limited to no seating. I could go on....... but you get the idea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It may be an awful place to watch golf but I really would like to play it. Honestly can't think of a single C&C course I wouldn't want to play.

The style of the course isn't helping the turnout either as it does nothing to help you prepare for Bethpage.

Not exact the right place for this, but heard there were some low scores fired off early today... I won't add any spoilers in here in case you were DVD'ing it like me, but the soft...more like SOAKED...conditions could make the course much more playable/enjoyable. Problem is, expecting more rain Friday night into Saturday morning, so there could be some delays and lift, clean, place in effect.

81 players currently at -2 or better.

Probably needs its own thread but...

Titleist just said they led every equipment category this week. Has that ever happened before????

The Players Have Spoken: Titleist Sweeps Every Equipment Count at the AT&T Byron Nelson

BY*RICK V., TEAM TITLEIST STAFF*ON YESTERDAYBALLS*TOUR*CLUBS

[https://www]

According to Darrell Survey, for the second consecutive week — and the*seventh time*this season — Titleist has achieved the feat of*sweeping every major equipment category*at a PGA TOUR event. This time players are showing their trust in Titleist equipment at the AT&T Byron Nelson - and a quick look at the counts tells you that the choice is overwhelmingly clear.

From*GOLF BALLS*to*DRIVERS,*FAIRWAY METALS*and*HYBRIDS*to*IRONS,*WEDGES*and*PUTTERS, the Titleist brand is the overwhelming field favorite in the final event before the second major of the year, next week's PGA Championship.

[https://www]Of the 156 players competing at Trinity Forest Golf Club in Dallas this week, 78% (122 players) are trusting a*Pro V1 or Pro V1x*golf ball for their success, more than seven times the nearest competitor with 11% (17 players).

Titleist is also the most popular choice among players in the driver category, with 52 Titleist models in play. Of those Titleist drivers, 48 were*TS models*(TS2 - 13 | TS3 - 31 | TS4 - 3).

[https://www]Jordan Spieth | TS3 driver (10.5)

The*Titleist TS3*continues to be the most played single driver model on the PGA TOUR with 31, 10 more than the next closest driver model with 21.

Titleist is also the top choice in the*fairway metal(56) and*hybrid*(24) categories. Of the 56 Titleist fairway metals in play, 46 are*new TS models(TS2 - 24 ; TS3 - 22).

[https://www]Bill Haas | 718 AP2* Irons (4-PW)

Titleist led the field in*irons*with 51 sets in play - 22 more sets than the nearest competitor.

The Titleist*718 AP2*(20) and the*718 MB*(17) are the top two most played iron models this week.

More than half of all*wedges*in the Wells Fargo field (229/53%) are of the*Vokey Design*variety. The nearest competitor has 77 wedges in play.

Scotty Cameron putters*are once again the field favorite this week with 60 Cameron putters in play, 12 more than the nearest competitor.

In addition, 41*players this week are trusting one golf brand, Titleist, from tee-to-green, throughout the entire bag — a vote of confidence that speaks volumes when you consider the challenge of getting your game battle-ready to compete for a major championship.

Sent from my BLA-A09 using Tapatalk

It’s happened multiple times this year. They have the largest club staff by a large margin.

Good for Titleist for having that claim but they have such a large staff it's tough to put much thought in to.

This Garber guy is on fire right now

The new course is terrible for TV.

Even watching the coverage was boring

This course is probably great to play in person, but man does it look crappy on TV. Theres no definition, no scenery, no character, no entertainment value. Every hole looks identical.

This course is probably great to play in person, but man does it look crappy on TV. Theres no definition, no scenery, no character, no entertainment value. Every hole looks identical.

I’ve played it & didn’t particularly care for it. It was hot & I was miserable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The course is certainly different than, as TV spectators, we are used to. Very linksish without the sea, I guess that would make it a parkland course. I heard early in the week on PGA radio the pros like it. The biggest thing for me is depth of the field. The tournament got stiffed by the new schedule.

Back