The BEST carry bag?

Three 5 Zero G for me. I gave the hip strap a shot since I walk 95% of the time. I figured if I didn't like the strap or it was a PITA, I would just remove it. I ended up loving it. It takes the pressure of the shoulders and puts it more on the hips and allows me to walk with better posture. Haven't seen another player using one yet.

Take it from this caddy, sun mountain 2.5 is the best. Anything that weighs more than the sun mountain 3.5 is not a carry bag. Any bag with 14 way dividers is not a carry bag. Those are lightweight cart bags

Can anyone confirm that H2NO 14 way has an easily accessible water bottle pocket? I cannot see it from pictures and it's a deal breaker if it hasn't, like the Stadry.

Sendt fra min Nexus 6P med Tapatalk
Anyone?

I need a new carry/stand bag, as my current Ping Hoofer from 2012 is getting worn and the legs are wobbly.

My criteria so far are:
- No tangle, please!
- Easy to access water bottle pocket
- Plenty of room!
- Comfortable! I only walk and often more than 18 holes

I wonder whether or not to go waterproof or not? I play all year in all conditions, so I guess it would be nice.

I also consider whether 14 divider is nice or noisy?

I have considered Sun Mountain Four 5, but it is not easily accessible locally, it is not waterproof and I'm unsure if 14 top divider is good or not.

I have also looked into Sun Mountain H2NO variations, as they seem great too.

Titleist Stadry was a main contender until I found out it doesn't have a water bottle pocket.

Please share your thoughts - thanks!

I carry the Titleist stadry and use the left hand side pocket for my water bottles and it holds a Gatorade pretty easily. Being waterproof it also does an decent job of insulation.

I carry the Titleist stadry and use the left hand side pocket for my water bottles and it holds a Gatorade pretty easily. Being waterproof it also does an decent job of insulation.
But there's only one pocket on the left hand side, right? I usually have my rangefinder and water bottle in left hand side pockets, so I can access them walking.

But there's only one pocket on the left hand side, right? I usually have my rangefinder and water bottle in left hand side pockets, so I can access them walking.

Yes it's just one, it's easy for me to reach down and pull out the bottle and back in... but it's only one pocket

Can anyone confirm that H2NO 14 way has an easily accessible water bottle pocket? I cannot see it from pictures and it's a deal breaker if it hasn't, like the Stadry.

Three weeks ago, I embarked on this very same journey to find a new golf bag. My old bag is a black Titleist 14 way stand bag and I wanted to downsize. I narrowed my choices to the Sun Mountain lineup: H2NO, Front 9, Two 5, and Three 5.

I examined all of these bags closely and physically at my golf shop. As much as I wanted a waterproof bag, I ultimately chose the Three 5 over the H2NO because there is no external water bottle pocket like the Three 5. I would have had to carry my water bottle in the left side pocket and my bottle sometimes leaks, defeating the purpose of the waterproof bag. ?

I'm really happy with my choice and I hope you feel the same way about your new bag as well.

Stan

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Another vote for three5. I had an issue with mine and tweeted them. Told me to contact customer service and replaced my bag with the newer year model. Great customer service and no issues with the new bag.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

I owned the 2013 or 2014 (I think 2014) version of this and it has a pocket that you can access easily with your left hand while carrying, but it was not insulated. Also, since its waterproof, the material is different from "normal" bags (or at least was on mine). It is like it is thinner and bends more easily, so I always found it difficult to close the pockets with one hand, just pulling the zipper. Other than that it is an amazing bag.

I bought a Callaway Fusion 14 this year, the new model, and while I only put my clubs and stuff in it yet, and took it to the driving range a few times, it seems amazing so far. Plenty of space, easy to access water pocket without a zipper, comfortable (but I didnt carry it very long so cant say how it feels after 18 holes yet) and well, very good looking too!

I LOVE LOVE LOVE my TM Hyperlite bag. its Circa 2010, but awesome! I haven't looked at the new ones, but 14 way divider with club covers is the best way to go! I am silent on the course (every club is covered). Water bottle is in an open insulated pocket, so easy to get while walking or on its legs. lots of good support, and easily adjustable. As for waterproof, you can always get camping waterproof spray and DYI.
Is the 14 way divider on your TM bag full length dividers? Seems all the new TM bags are only 4 full length. I really want a carrying bag that has 14 full length to protect my grips.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Is the 14 way divider on your TM bag full length dividers? Seems all the new TM bags are only 4 full length. I really want a carrying bag that has 14 full length to protect my grips.

It is not. That would be my only complaint. You got me thinking on a new one and I really like the 2015 four 5. TGW just had it on sale for $140 I think.

Thanks Yahash. Just pulled the trigger on the Four 5 at TGW. $165.00 shipped. Thanks for the heads up.

In the market for a stand bag this year. I pushed the past 2 years but I'd really like to try carrying.

The PING Monsoon has caught my eye, is anyone gaming it currently? I noticed a TON of suggestions for the Sun Mountain Four 5's. Are they comparable at all?

To me the best carry bag is the one with the best shoulder straps. I carry consistently and I have had ultra light weight bags that were more uncomfortable and harder to finish a round with than bags weighing 2-3lbs more. IMO and for my shoulders, Ping has the best straps hands down. Ultimately though, the tangle does bother me and their 14 way doesn't play as nice with Superstroke grips. I tried the SM 3.4 and 4.5. They were good bags but they have the worst shoulder straps of anything out there. I finally settled on an older Ogio I happened across. It is a 2014 Ozone XX. It is just over 6lbs true weight. (I weigh all my bags on a postal scale and for reference my Ping 4 Series weighs 5.3lbs so the Ogio is not a full lb heavier). The Ogio has very nice comfortable straps and the Woode management system which is the best top IMO. Again, this is all personal but I would check on Ogio and maybe look for some of their older offerings on closeout at your local shops.

Still the Nike Hyperadapt and its not close for me.

I'm at a point where I don't need a new bag but I really want one because my clubs don't fit nicely into my current bag.

There's a Wilson nexus 2 on ebay for $120 or do I save and get something really good for like $300-400?

Found a brand new PING Monsoon on eBay for $200 USD. Should I pull the trigger?

Found a brand new PING Monsoon on eBay for $200 USD. Should I pull the trigger?

?!?!? You came here for US to talk you out of it?!?!? Hahahahaha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

?!?!? You came here for US to talk you out of it?!?!? Hahahahaha

Hahah, I know it sounds silly. I just want to know if that's a good deal or not.

I love the way the bag looks, solid and waterproof. It might be a bit heavier than other carry bags though. Just wanted some opinions.

Hahah, I know it sounds silly. I just want to know if that's a good deal or not.

I love the way the bag looks, solid and waterproof. It might be a bit heavier than other carry bags though. Just wanted some opinions.

I hear you bro. I wish I knew more about it to help. Good luck with the decision!

Still the Nike Hyperadapt and its not close for me.

I was worried about club tangling, but I went to the range yesterday with 17 clubs in the bag and had no issues. That said, when I have the blue full length pouch attached I unzip the top of it and store my putter in there since the fat grip/arccos sensor makes me think something might pop off.

Really like that bag as well.

Which of the carry/stand bags have the most durable 2-strap system?

I've had 2 snap in the last couple years.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Back