Harry Taylor Wedges - THP Review

Looks like a vokey shape/grind combined with a little rotex-y milling. Sorry for my lack of tact there, I'm just not well versed enough in wedge speak. I will be interested to see you put them through their paces. Any idea on what the price point they are looking to hit?

A wedge release like this begs the question JB had raised to me during the grandaddy, are you brand loyal? or loyal to the guy who built the brand?

Since Harry runs the club that JDax and I are members of I'm going to see if he'll let me see the one he uses and hit a few balls.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Man after reading through this I am already contemplating picking one up. Also can't wait for the formal review to post. Love the early thoughts James!

Man I have been doing a lot of reading up on this wedge and its really got me considering...ponder mode engaged

Since Harry runs the club that JDax and I are members of I'm going to see if he'll let me see the one he uses and hit a few balls.

Man I have been doing a lot of reading up on this wedge and its really got me considering...ponder mode engaged

Seems to me the best bet is through the other post of yours. Why not ask the source if you can try one?

Seems to me the best bet is through the other post of yours. Why not ask the source if you can try one?

That is the plan on Saturday. If it works out, I will post some thoughts.

That is the plan on Saturday. If it works out, I will post some thoughts.

Very nice. I'll be putting this one to paper for the homepage tomorrow myself. Looking forward to your thoughts.

Harry wasn't in today but one of the guys that works there had a 52 he let us see. We couldn't hit it but man it sets up very nicely.

2c441b4a776d340d27deb385a3e1efeb.jpg

Excellent write up Jman. Price may be an issue, especially if people have difficulty getting them in hand. Are there any plans to put these in retailers? Or are they going to be an online only type thing?
I believe the plan is online and some green grass only.

Thanks for reading! I went ahead and added the link to the OP as well for ease of access.

I believe the plan is online and some green grass only.

Thanks for reading! I went ahead and added the link to the OP as well for ease of access.

I think the lack of availability is going to challenge them, unless they're trying to stay small, and aim for the more "boutique-ish" sales model, which seems to work remarkably well in golf.

Thanks for being a good writer and making the tech and methodology easy to understand, it makes it very easy to read your writing. (One of the best things about THP, badass staff writers!!)

I have to admit I had no idea who this designer was until now. Nice Job of conveying your thoughts James. The wedges are a throw back and I guess I wouldn't expect anything less from a Champions Tour member. One thing I have always found when playing with guys that have played the Champions Tour is that they have great wedge games. Their wedges are setup and they are very creative with them. These wedges look like they are just begging for some creativity and workman like production around the greens.

Very nice review James, these are sounding like very solid performers without question. I was wondering prior to this review of what makes them unique or different rather than just another solid offering. Unfortunately, the only thing that really seems to separate them is price...in the wrong way. They are pretty though.

Great review James. I am in the market for a new set of wedges and these will certainly be added to my ponder list!

Great review! For those worried about the price point remember the love33 discount code gets you 33% off so it puts them around 100 bucks which is much more reasonable. I'm still trying to catch Harry at the club and see if he'll let me chip and hit a few full shots with his wedge. We'll see though.

Again, great write up and I am hoping to have one in my hands at some point in the near future.

A good and very informative review Jman. Since my wedge game is my saving grace on the course, I'm always looking for something that feels good and comfortable that I can dial in the distance. I can't tell you how many wedges I have sitting because I bought on impulse only to find out that they just didn't suit me like I thought they would. One thing about these wedges, they sure have the looks. Hopefully they will become more accessible, I sure would like to give these a shot.

Great review. I could not help but think that these remind me of the wedges MacGregor did back when Greg Norman was running it. I believe they were ground by Don White.
The logo looked similar to what MacGregor used. Those were good products for a short while.

Another great review James. I really like the simplicity of both the looks and the loft/bounce options. Up until this point I had never heard of Harry Taylor but it sounds like the guy knows his stuff!

Thanks all, I really appreciate you reading as well as the comments!

Those are some good looking wedges!

Well done sir, solid review.

Great review. Never heard of these until THP mentioned them. I could really see these in my bag. They seem compact, which I like. Just a sleek looking stick.

Back