(Unofficial) NorCal Crew Golf Outing

Plinyyounger

Magistrate Ancient Rome
Reaction score
Handicap
fake peopl
Since our last super successful get together in Monterey (thanks Hickster) I have been contacted by a few NorCal players who want to play in the Sacramento area. We have some great courses which are very affordable and hotel rates which if we play consecutive days are also very affordable. I'm from the area and can recommend after golf activities as well.

We can set something up for one or two days of golf and I can update this thread to indicate what we want to do. Below are some of the courses but we have a lot more.

I would like to do a game in April if possible. But also want to organize something continuously basis that anybody could join at their convenience not Limited to NorCal players but ANY THP'ER IN THE AREA.

Many of the courses are very challenging but affordable.

Some places I would initially recommend that will not break the bank are:

Turkey Creek
Empire Ranch
Wild Hawk
Hagen Oaks (One of the original Alister Mackinzie designs) Hagen is also one of the premier fitting establishments in the State.
Apple Mountain
Castle Oaks
Teal Bend
Auburn and Catta Vedera

All of them are affordable $40-$60

More courses:
http://www.golfholes.com/ca/sacramento-golf .htm

http://kcra.cityvoter.com/best/golf-course/health-and-fitness/sacramento

Let me know your thoughts.

Turkey Creek and Apple Mountain would be a good combo or Hagen Oaks for nostalgia reasons.

It will going to be hard to get everybody here on the same day, so eventually each of us will post a day we want to play and others can join in.

Please add to your post if you prefer weekdays or weekends and we will narrow dates down from there.

Players interested so far:

Plinyyounger- weekdays and/or weekends
SeeMoreGuy
Ktaylor10
Rein- weekdays and/or weekends, prefers Wednesday's
Mancest- weekends (mostly).
johnpjr- weekdays and/or weekends
Emmers- (not avail April)
ASN21- weekends
TheHeez
RadRob- Friday's/Saturday's (not avail April)
DufferToo- weekends
Hickster- weekends
Time4Tim- weekends

Last edited:
I have been itching for a reason to play Haggis Oaks. Consider me interested, if I am in town the weekend that works I would drive up either for 1 day or possibly 2.

I have been itching for a reason to play Haggis Oaks. Consider me interested, if I am in town the weekend that works I would drive up either for 1 day or possibly 2.

Awesome, sound good Mancest. Since I am going to try and keep this thread updated and current, anytime you are in the area and want to play, post your dates and I'll try to put peeps together!

Sounds good to me! I may not be able to play in April. Having outpatient surgery next week. Just depends when in April. Definitely in though for other events.

I can play just about anytime..Both

Last edited:
Glad to see this taking off. I was talking to Ken and Rein Saturday (missed Sunday) about some more events in the Sacramento area. Makes them a lot easier of me to get to. Somewhat my fault for living so far north.

Call me "interested" for now. I've got chunks of April blocked off for events I've already booked, but would love to get involved.

I'm interested, not sure if April would work for me, but I find myself in the neighborhood regularly. My wife's family is in the area and I've played a bunch of courses around Sac. Really want to play Yocha Dehe and Apple Mountain. Also, Brianbigoats was saying that the new owners of Darkhorse are throwing money at it, that course is awesome and with improvements is probably a real gem.

Depending on the dates, I should be in. Brianbigoats was speaking pretty highly about Yocha Dehe. I haven't played any courses in that Sacramento area so I am looking forward to it.

- Prefer to play on weekend

Last edited:
Put in your most recent post if you prefer weekdays, weekends or both. I'll keep that info updated on the first page. After a while we will start throwing out dates to get some folks together.

I grew up in Sacramento and would be interested in an outing up that way. I can't do April because of work commitments and then vacation, but certainly would partake in future months.
Fridays and Saturdays would work best for me.

Glad to see this is happening. I'm open to playing any of the courses in the area. I've been meaning to play Alister Mackenzie for awhile now and what better way to do so than with a bunch of THPers.

Only 5 years (or 3 bad days) from retirement so I'm limited to weekends only.

Glad to see this is happening. I'm open to playing any of the courses in the area. I've been meaning to play Alister Mackenzie for awhile now and what better way to do so than with a bunch of THPers.

Only 5 years (or 3 bad days) from retirement so I'm limited to weekends only.

lets hope you do the 5 years and not the bad 3 days, lol. It will go by faster than you think!

lets hope you do the 5 years and not the bad 3 days, lol. It will go by faster than you think!
That's the plan. Besides, my wife has another 5 years as well and if I retire there is no reason not to do "The List". Work is much, much easier than that. :D

I prefer weekends, but if somebody got a great deal at a good course I could sneak away for a day.

WTF. Add me to this list. NOW :D. I can use this as an excuse to go see my mom since my hometown is about an hour north of Sac. Weekends would work best for me, too.

I prefer weekends, but if somebody got a great deal at a good course I could sneak away for a day.

WTF. Add me to this list. NOW :D. I can use this as an excuse to go see my mom since my hometown is about an hour north of Sac. Weekends would work best for me, too.

Thanks guys! Hopefully this thread will develope into an easy way to find some players when we want to play in this area.

Add me to the weekends list. I have never played in the greater Sacramento area and would love to do so. Had a great time in Monterey and would like nothing more than to meet up with some new friends from THP.

Headed out to Hagen oaks tomor, need some work. I would like to put a game together for either Apple Mountain or Castle oaks soon. Let me know if you are interested.

I'm putting a game together for next Tuesday at either Hagen Oaks (Alister Mckenzie), Empire Ranch or Castle Oaks. I have two players and need two more. Let me know if you want in.

This thread is awesome Thanks Pliny, I can only play weekends because of my job and whatnot, but on the weekend I'm up to play anywhere, is auburn too far? Darkhorse would be a blast at some point also.

This thread is awesome Thanks Pliny, I can only play weekends because of my job and whatnot, but on the weekend I'm up to play anywhere, is auburn too far? Darkhorse would be a blast at some point also.

I can play in Auburn no problem. Although I'm retired, my old job wants me to comeback as a retired annuitant and get some work done since they are overworked. I'll be available like you more on the weekends. But until then I can play anytime.

Back