Callaway SuperHot 55 Golf Ball Thread

From what I've read, the 55 will be targeting those that are looking for "distance" and "straight" in a mid-range "soft" 3-piece ball with surlyn cover. Like others have mentioned, if it gives sufficient spin around the greens, it could be a nice option. I'm a little more excited about the new Chrome Soft, now that it's going to 4-piece with an all new dual soft/fast core, especially if the compression is still around 65 or so. I'll probably try both though.

I like, but don't love the Bridgestone e6, which this one seems to be in direct competition with. I'll give it a shot, but I have my doubts.

I think it was somewhere close to 90.

That was my thinking. Sort of a competitor to the Titleist Velocity. Interesting they made it lower compression this time around and more similar to an e6.

So for a 90mph-ish driver swing should this ball or the Supersoft give me more distance ?

This sounds like an interesting comparison to the e6. I really like the feel and flight of the e6 but the short game spin really lacks for me. If the SuperHot 55 has more short game control, it could be my new cold weather ball.

That was my thinking. Sort of a competitor to the Titleist Velocity. Interesting they made it lower compression this time around and more similar to an e6.

So for a 90mph-ish driver swing should this ball or the Supersoft give me more distance ?

The Velocity is a 2 piece ball.
This was a closer to a direct competitor to NXT Tour. 3 piece ball surlyn cover.

Interested to see if costco picks this up, as they currently sell 2 dozen for $26ish

How does the 55 compression compare to the compression of the E6 and Super Soft?

Dax

How does the 55 compression compare to the compression of the E6 and Super Soft?

Dax

e6 is somewhere around 50, Supersoft is in the low 30s I believe, so e6 is the closer comparison.

I'll give these a shot. I play the e6, ChromeSoft, and new DT TruSoft, so this fits right in.

I'd also love if Callaway gives them the Truvis pattern.

The Velocity is a 2 piece ball.
This was a closer to a direct competitor to NXT Tour. 3 piece ball surlyn cover.

My bad, not sure why I was thinking the Velocity was a 3pc. Guess maybe its price point.

The ball appears to be up my alley, looking forward to giving it a go.

This is a very interesting ball to me...

The Super Hot 55 is a 3 piece ball with a similar compression to the e6 (50 compression for the e6), and a similar price point. I'm going to give this ball a look....

Dax

Just picked up 4 dz of these… now I just need it to warm up LOL

I'll be using this ball today, hope to have some quick thoughts up tonight.

Played this ball for 18 today, the ball speed off the woods was strong and I'm confident it was traveling further then the 2015 Chrome Soft. Around the greens I wasn't loving it, too much roll out on chips and pitches for my taste. I'll try it again later this week but if the roll out proves to be the norm versus the exception I'll be moving in another direction.

Played this for the first time today amd loved it. Might become my go to gamer of 2016.

Played another round with these today and loved them. Very soft. Very long. Launches nice and high on iron shots.

Callaway SuperHot 55 Golf Ball Thread

Played another round with these. Surprisingly I've found them to have great stopping ability on the green with my long irons. Much more so than other similar soft balls I've played.

I'd love it if Callaway released a truvis version.

Sent from this Tapatalk app thingy

I want to... Has anyone played this ball and compared it to the E6?

Dax

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think I'll give this ball a try but I love the new 2106 Chrome Soft. It will be tough to beat!

I want to... Has anyone played this ball and compared it to the E6?

Dax

Yep. My response in another thread.

Have played both. Greatly prefer the e6 for reasons listed above. It was my gamer for the last 2 years, but recently fell in love with the Callaway Superhot 55, which I've raved about in it's thread. Equally as far off the tee and as straight, but I've found it has a bit more back spin on long irons, helping me stop on greens in a way that I almost dare say is as good as the super premium balls. It's dethroned the e6 as my go to ball. Might be worth a look if you are targeting softer/straighter balls.

Yep. My response in another thread.

Wow that's strong Feedback... I'll give this ball a look... I'm currently gaming the ChromeSoft, but your feedback is intriguing...

Dax

Wow that's strong Feedback... I'll give this ball a look... I'm currently gaming the ChromeSoft, but your feedback is intriguing...

Dax

I loved the ChromeSfot, and really liked playing with the TruVis on them. This year the new ones play a bit firmer, which lead to me trying the SuperHot 55's that have a softer feel around the green.

Back