It looks like you signed up 5 days ago Paul? Me personally I would hold out a little longer to recoup funds. Although I do agree there is a solid blanket of shade around the site and GG

Wow, just caught up here. Like any online golf lesson, you run the risk of not getting the personal attention you would normally get in person.

This guys sounds shady and the website is laughable at best. One look and my internet Spidey Sense tells me to run the other way.

For those having issues with refunds, if you paid via PayPal open that dispute with them and let them handle the rest. They are good at getting money back .

I also paid for the "premium" membership. If there is no new content in the next few days, I will also be cancelling.

Wow, just caught up here. Like any online golf lesson, you run the risk of not getting the personal attention you would normally get in person.

This guys sounds shady and the website is laughable at best. One look and my internet Spidey Sense tells me to run the other way.

For those having issues with refunds, if you paid via PayPal open that dispute with them and let them handle the rest. They are good at getting money back .

Here's the catch. They have the PayPal logo on the main page, but no PayPal option at checkout.

I normally am pretty cautious about online purchases and interactions.Kinda let my guard down and now I'm pretty terrified he has my personal credit card information.Trying to give him the benefit of the doubt that he is very busy teaching. But I sent a face book post to him on Sunday night. Not a great way to introduce myself to the forum with my ranting. But I saw this thread and just became enraged about the whole situation. If the material was mediocre, but took positive steps to help his forum I wouldn't complain.Would just walk away saying it isn't for me and he tried to help.But it is opposite, he isn't helping anyone. You pay to see short videos that are already on the Internet for free. Which show you absolutely nothing on how to improve but him just acting goofy. Maybe George can't teach and this is a way to get a fast buck and just disappear once everyone catches on

boy was I foolish here. Along with many many others

Paul
I know you want to break 100 on a regular basis.

So, sign up for ggswingtips and not that other site, like why send your precious bucks there?

GGSwingDicks (@ggswingdicks3) • Instagram photos and videos
Instagram › ggswingdicks3

I went through his instagram stuff. Interesting. I also noticed he has 2 pay sites, one looks professional, the other looks like an infomercial.

Between his earlier IG postings and his recent you tube offerings, I do not think there is a need for one to go to the pay site, unless you are like some of the hacks in this thread and get max pleasure to troll threads versus making a real effort to break 100.

Most of us cannot even begin to do his downswing maneuvers, it's for the youngsters who can twist and turn and be off to the races. For me, it's a total joy to listen and watch because of his knowledge and enthusiasm to teach and his earlier IG posts were loaded with instruction and how can you not enjoy his enthusiasm and how well he gets his message across? See humping like frogs .... A hoot.

I found this on putting on utube, and his explanation somewhere else, think in IG. Now, with his pay site, I assume all this can be easily referenced. I put these in folders in Evernote but obviously cannot find them as easy as the pay site, but I'd rather use $$$ to buy a wedge or bunch of balls. his info is out there for free.

http://youtu.be/B8GM-wuIrs4

Found this somewhere from the GG archives......I'm talking backswing to impact .9 sec on my guys. So it's .45sec back .45 to impact on short putts or long putts. Shorter and slower for short putts and longer and faster for long putts but the time of the putt takes the same on all putts. Is that law no I've seen great putters do everything as long as you get it on line and you have good speed and you can read a putt who cares. @chrishardergolf I definitely wouldn't say your wrong or anyone is wrong I'd just use your tempo on a guy who's short and poppy on long putts and his ball is bouncing off face

I found this video from George and this is exactly what I'm working on daily.Im taking lessons from a local instructor,but it seems like all these guys are teaching the same things now.Must be a norm now that this stuff works.When I do this on the range I was hitting it really bad.My instructor also wants the hands to stay up there for ever.It works,all the students I watch in person just nail it.We also work with a range bucket Inbetween my legs exactly what George does
https://instagram.com/p/BBJA9YGCt-S/

Between his earlier IG postings and his recent you tube offerings, I do not think there is a need for one to go to the pay site, unless you are like some of the hacks in this thread and get max pleasure to troll threads versus making a real effort to break 100.

Most of us cannot even begin to do his downswing maneuvers, it's for the youngsters who can twist and turn and be off to the races. For me, it's a total joy to listen and watch because of his knowledge and enthusiasm to teach and his earlier IG posts were loaded with instruction and how can you not enjoy his enthusiasm and how well he gets his message across? See humping like frogs .... A hoot.

I found this on putting on utube, and his explanation somewhere else, think in IG. Now, with his pay site, I assume all this can be easily referenced. I put these in folders in Evernote but obviously cannot find them as easy as the pay site, but I'd rather use $$$ to buy a wedge or bunch of balls. his info is out there for free.

http://youtu.be/B8GM-wuIrs4

Found this somewhere from the GG archives......I'm talking backswing to impact .9 sec on my guys. So it's .45sec back .45 to impact on short putts or long putts. Shorter and slower for short putts and longer and faster for long putts but the time of the putt takes the same on all putts. Is that law no I've seen great putters do everything as long as you get it on line and you have good speed and you can read a putt who cares. @chrishardergolf I definitely wouldn't say your wrong or anyone is wrong I'd just use your tempo on a guy who's short and poppy on long putts and his ball is bouncing off face

The app he uses (I'm guessing based on what he says and from what you can see on his phone screen in the video above is PuttMet.
Its free.

I previously had downloaded two other swing metronomes (one free, the other $25).

For putting, I like the above the best. 2 beats is easier than the 3 beats that the others use.

He sets it at between 69 - 73 depending on the green speed (although he does say that for him he keeps it at 73 for any speed greens).

I found this video from George and this is exactly what I'm working on daily.Im taking lessons from a local instructor,but it seems like all these guys are teaching the same things now.Must be a norm now that this stuff works.When I do this on the range I was hitting it really bad.My instructor also wants the hands to stay up there for ever.It works,all the students I watch in person just nail it.We also work with a range bucket Inbetween my legs exactly what George does
https://instagram.com/p/BBJA9YGCt-S/
That is a great drill.
That and the one with him swinging a racquet of some kind are two of the best ways to get that feel of the release.

Ugly/I find it amazing how I'm learning almost the same stuff in person.Im really enjoying his videos and understand them.He even implements a whole body turn thru the ball with the arms staying back.Was hitting balls one lesson looking strictly down the target line and never seeing the ball in my field of vision.Was nerve wracking,but I did hit some good ones.Made it even easy to see the ball where it landed

George Gankas

Good to hear Chip.
Probably works to your advantage to be able to feel it live and then hear the explanation again in detail in the videos.

I've been trying to learn a variation of the body release for some time and couldn't get it consistently.
Some of the drills like the racquet and the one you posted just make it so much easier.

I re-tore the labrum in my left hip and have to pull back on golf for a bit. I'm going to try and keep hitting pitch shots so I don't forget what I've learned.

What a lot of people disliked about his stuff is what makes me like it so much. It's simple because their aren't 100 different videos demonstrating (and confusing) 100 different aspects of the swing.

1/ keep it on plane
2/ body release
3/ shallow it by doing the wall drill part

That's beautiful because of its simplicity. Obviously a lot of work to learn each aspect (in varying degrees depending on where you started from).

Good work Chip.

Stick with your instructor and keep working at this.
You're going to get frustrated at times. That's golf. But if you keep plugging away and accept that you will take an unexpected step backwards sometimes...you will be playing much better golf.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6 new vid's up over the last couple of days too.
Not sure if you guys are members, but if not, try and find his 'kneecap drill' in his IG vid's.
Really excellent drill to get the body pivot down.

Good to hear Chip.
Probably works to your advantage to be able to feel it live and then hear the explanation again in detail in the videos.

I've been trying to learn a variation of the body release for some time and couldn't get it consistently.
Some of the drills like the racquet and the one you posted just make it so much easier.

I re-tore the labrum in my left hip and have to pull back on golf for a bit. I'm going to try and keep hitting pitch shots so I don't forget what I've learned.

What a lot of people disliked about his stuff is what makes me like it so much. It's simple because their aren't 100 different videos demonstrating (and confusing) 100 different aspects of the swing.

1/ keep it on plane
2/ body release
3/ shallow it by doing the wall drill part

That's beautiful because of its simplicity. Obviously a lot of work to learn each aspect (in varying degrees depending on where you started from).

Good work Chip.

Stick with your instructor and keep working at this.
You're going to get frustrated at times. That's golf. But if you keep plugging away and accept that you will take an unexpected step backwards sometimes...you will be playing much better golf.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The wall drill is $. Made a bulb light up in my head. Always tried to shallow my swing, when they do it automatically. Who knew, lol.

Last edited:
I was going through some of his IG videos and came across this:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BDWrCm_it8D/?taken-by=ggswingtips

In the "AFTER" video, the kid takes a huge dip, with his knees bending outwards, and then the right knee turns in during the up motion...

I've seen some of his other students that don't have do this....is this one of those move that you learn to get out of one bad habit, and then grow out of? Just a little confusing.

I was going through some of his IG videos and came across this:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BDWrCm_it8D/?taken-by=ggswingtips

In the "AFTER" video, the kid takes a huge dip, with his knees bending outwards, and then the right knee turns in during the up motion...

I've seen some of his other students that don't have do this....is this one of those move that you learn to get out of one bad habit, and then grow out of? Just a little confusing.

I'm pretty sure that is the before video, he appears to be fixed in the first video.

I'm pretty sure that is the before video, he appears to be fixed in the first video.

If you look at the video numbers, the second one is #104, while the first is #99 - so I think the second one is the after.

If you look at the video numbers, the second one is #104, while the first is #99 - so I think the second one is the after.
You are right, when I turned on the sound it's obvious.

No idea why he would have someone do that with their legs. That's really odd.

In the 1st video, the kid slides forward.

In the 2nd video (which is only 10 minutes into starting lessons with GG, so the kid still is a work in progress) the kid is now much more in line with what GG teaches.

Yes, there is a dip...GG wants the left knee to externally rotate while the right knee initially flexes forward (most people slide their right knee right away).

That at is a correct before and after of a newbie learning the body pivot. Remember it's an exaggeration to learn the feel.
I don't think it looks so pronounced in a real full swing.

I just watched an IG of Dustin Johnson with GG in Westlake. Johnson is hammering driver (it seems as though they are looking to see how far he can hit it on Trackman). He carries it 330.

Someone who has taken live in person lessons with him says that GG has high schoolers that can out drive DJ.
Im not sure if that's true, but I've seen a couple of them drive the ball, and it is a sight to behold.

They do that exaggerated left knee external rotation for feel right before they swing (almost like someone would 'waggle' before hitting) really quickly, and then they go after it. During the real swing, the knee thing isn't so apparent.

I've been watching some of the Instagram videos....I'm trying to not overload on video's, in the past it's done more bad than good for me. I noticed that his initial website now says it's $497/year instead of the $140 or whatever the introductory rate was. I clicked to see if the Paypal discrepancy was still there, and it brings you to a screen that says its $360 for Golf teachers and $247 for Golfers.... I like his video's, but his attempt at becoming one of the "pay to view" internet teachers has been one of the sloppiest I've seen.

I've already told myself that I'm not doing the "pay for golf videos" thing. They just don't work for me. I need direct feedback and human interaction to improve, but that's me.

I'm trying to add more rotation as George preaches.
Not having a lot of success in full swings but some on the wedge chip shots.
It seems to make good contact but I am losing substantial distance.
Not giving up or saying he is wrong ~ I just need to work more at it.
I think there is something here but I need to find the balance for my swing.
Interesting to see how it works out.

How's everyone coming along with GG's program? Have you overhauled your entire swing to do it in his style?

Back