UST Mamiya Elements Helium Shaft Review Thread

I put the HE5F5 in my XR pro 3w. I can't wait to take some cuts with it.

I am really looking forward to feedback on these. The aesthetics of this shaft grab me... So fresh and so clean.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've decided to put my helium shaft into my GBB 3 wood. Cut the shaft down per Danny's suggestion and just waiting to get my adapter tip from Golfworks. Should have it together and out on the course within a week or so.
Lots of feedback to follow.

I put the HE5F5 in my XR pro 3w. I can't wait to take some cuts with it.
Looking forward to your thoughts, fellas.

Really looking forward to having this shaft show up at my door within the next couple of weeks. I will be pairing it with my Great Big Bertha 13.5* head when it gets here (unless I splurge on something else before then).

Great info in here so far, really looking forward to helping contribute a bit more to the thread!

Really looking forward to having this shaft show up at my door within the next couple of weeks. I will be pairing it with my Great Big Bertha 13.5* head when it gets here (unless I splurge on something else before then).

Great info in here so far, really looking forward to helping contribute a bit more to the thread!
Weeks? Couple days! They are quick! If i didn't have snow, i'd be writing a review up right now!

Interested to get the shaft I won yesterday in hand. Love the colors and debating which club to put this in. Driver or 3w??? Would either go into R15 or J40 driver, J40 3w. Any thoughts?

Weeks? Couple days! They are quick! If i didn't have snow, i'd be writing a review up right now!

It will take at least a week to get to the frigid north ;) The border tends to slow things up.

Sadly as well, it will take a couple days for the guy I trust to do the tip on it.

Interested to get the shaft I won yesterday in hand. Love the colors and debating which club to put this in. Driver or 3w??? Would either go into R15 or J40 driver, J40 3w. Any thoughts?

I'd go R15 personally....and driver. Unless you are just completely set on the J715 in the bag.

Ordered the wrong size Callaway adapter for the shaft I won so I have to wait a bit longer before I can give some feedback. :banghead:

I'd go R15 personally....and driver. Unless you are just completely set on the J715 in the bag.

Honestly haven't even taken the r15 for a spin yet. May go that route. J715 definitely has a stronghold right now.

Honestly haven't even taken the r15 for a spin yet. May go that route. J715 definitely has a stronghold right now.

Considering how much driver is used (for most) I would much rather put this shaft into that than a 3w unless you use 3w at least 6 times/round.

I'm about to post some info and videos from my range session today but I just wanted to share my thoughts on the shaft aesthetics first. it's funny when I won the trip to UST Mamiya to visit their complex I knew that Shane and Nate had gotten to custom design their shafts and I started brainstorming what I was going to do and ultimately I thought it would be really cool to have like a light saber type of design so a grip with a glowing blue beam down into the head and without getting a custom shaft I ended up with exactly what I wanted because this shaft with the blue paint job looks absolutely stunning and matches the blue paint on the XR 16 head almost perfectly. I don't think they could've done any better!!!

https://vimeo.com/160494190

You might be able to tell in the video, but I have a relatively low launch angle with this setup (which is normal for me) so I might try to tinker with the hosel configuration and add a degree or two of loft to see how that changes the performance... All in all, light yet stable and stiff shaft that allows you to go after the ball with an aggressive move and not worry about any type of whippy sensation from the shaft flexing more than necessary...

Another whack at it. This one had a slight draw, but would play very nicely on the course.

At The Trubute with the UST Mamiya Crew, I was cutting everything so I am happy to say I have figured it out and am starting to hit the ball on target with fair consistency. (My swing being my uncontrolled variable lol)

https://vimeo.com/160494438

More from the range.

I have to find out from Danny, but if I remember correctly this shaft is at the higher launch/higher spin end of their matrix.

Danny is going to email me my numbers from track man, but I don't believe I launched it with excessive spin or height. Spin was in a really good range with ball flight being the lower, more piercing flight I'm used to.

https://vimeo.com/160496082

https://vimeo.com/160496145

https://vimeo.com/160496166

Good stuff, evinkc05!!!

17ad6fdd25a7447fc96ac271b73982f7.jpg

Oh my the red and black shaft they have up for their last March madness giveaway is so awesome.

Can't wait to get my shaft adapter on this. Just received it from the March Madness giveaway.
fe18857444a12e5ba4efa5194cd32b26.jpg

Looks like the shaft I received is the HE5F4. Hoping to have the adapter on and in the bag for Saturday's round.

Nice! Looks fantastic dude!

Pretty pretty Matt, great win! Looking forward to hearing how this plays in the driver for you.

Well looks like me and Icey won the last ones for their march madness giveaway. Can't wait to be able to provide some updates in here!

The gift that keeps on giving! Great to see the THP'ers dominate this contest!

Back