Looking for a shaft for my Rogue SZ..... I'll try ANYTHING once ;)

LordCaldwell

Reaction score
Handicap
Hey guys

I recently decided to game my SZ over my ping G400

the SZ performed better but didn’t feel as comfortable to me but settled with it.

I ended up tinkering around with shafts. And had a big realization the EvenFlow Blue just isn’t for me. Had it in stiff. And just felt so... uncontrollable. Even though that is the opposite of how it should feel correct? I had a KuroKage TiNi stiff on the G400. Ended up slapping a Fubuki J XStiff on the rogue and liked it so much more. UNFORTUNATELY the adapter broke and the shaft is now unolayable.

I'm looking for something that just clicks with me. I'm trying to smooth my transition out but the EvenFlow just felt so noodley in my hands. Another issue I have is the SZ just has trouble getting a higher ball flight. It's more low to mid low. Which isn't my preferred flight althiugh it's to be expected.

Is there a shaft in the stiff to extra stiff range that feels sturdy and smooth... But has a little tip kick to it to get the ball up more?

I'll try anything.

Thanks you guys.

One I was pleasantly surprised with recently was the Atmos Black 6s. Very stable, but with plenty of feel. I'm with you on the EF blue. Even in 6.5, I had a hard time controlling it.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

If you are looking for a budget friendly shaft, finding something that was a stock or no upcharge shaft on eBay. I personally was eyeing down some HZRDUS Yellows as I had decent success with it in the G400 LST. I thought it was pretty responsive. I know they can be had for less than $100 with a tip installed. Otherwise, if you find something you like, check Callaway Preowned's eBay store. There prices are usually pretty fair. I almost bought an OG Blueboard a few months back for about $50.

The Project X Evenflow Black is about exactly what you describe. It's really nothing like the blue either. I think the blue is more of a fairway wood shaft imo.

UST Mamiya Helium in F5. Little higher in torque so you'll feel a little kick but really stable overall and it’s considered a high ball flight, low spin shaft. It is lightweight so I’m not sure it’ll help your transition, but if you want something with a little more weight to it an Attas 6Star is a great smooth/stable shaft and a personal favorite of mine.

I have a GD AD DI 7x and a HZRDUS black 6.5 handcrafted with Callaway adapters. I played both in EPIC SZ and found the DI to feel softer and launch higher whilst the HZRDUS launched lower and had tighter dispersion for me.

I’m actually looking to sell either or both. PM me if interested and we can work out a deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hzrdus red maybe?

UST Mamiya Helium in F5. Little higher in torque so you'll feel a little kick but really stable overall and it’s considered a high ball flight, low spin shaft. It is lightweight so I’m not sure it’ll help your transition, but if you want something with a little more weight to it an Attas 6Star is a great smooth/stable shaft and a personal favorite of mine.
2nd this, the shaft is amazing!

Another I'd recommend is the tensei ck blue 60x

Hey guys

I recently decided to game my SZ over my ping G400

the SZ performed better but didn’t feel as comfortable to me but settled with it.

I ended up tinkering around with shafts. And had a big realization the EvenFlow Blue just isn’t for me. Had it in stiff. And just felt so... uncontrollable. Even though that is the opposite of how it should feel correct? I had a KuroKage TiNi stiff on the G400. Ended up slapping a Fubuki J XStiff on the rogue and liked it so much more. UNFORTUNATELY the adapter broke and the shaft is now unolayable.

I'm looking for something that just clicks with me. I'm trying to smooth my transition out but the EvenFlow just felt so noodley in my hands. Another issue I have is the SZ just has trouble getting a higher ball flight. It's more low to mid low. Which isn't my preferred flight althiugh it's to be expected.

Is there a shaft in the stiff to extra stiff range that feels sturdy and smooth... But has a little tip kick to it to get the ball up more?

I'll try anything.

Thanks you guys.
I've used a 60X Diamana Kai'li for 5 years now and I keep moving it from driver to driver because the feel and performance is that good in my opinion... And also in Club Champions opinion as they've never recommended I change. You can find good deals out there. Make sure it's the aftermarket version. Certainly worth a shot!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Aldila Tour Blue ATX.

It's a few years old but still one heckuva shaft. I bought it for my Rogue SZ for very much the same reason and it worked beautifully.

Even though I've gone the opposite in siding with the G400 Max (for now), the Aldila Tour shaft made such an impression that I picked up the Aldila Tour GREEN ATX to flatten the high launch some of the G400 Max.

But as to the Rogue SZ, I have NOT given it a fair shake and really must revisit it. I only played it for maybe 8-10 rounds and I drove the ball very, very well with it. I only had 2 improved (longer, high ballflight) rounds in with the Tour Blue shaft before I blew my back out.

While injured, I bought the G400 Max with the Tour Green shaft and only put it into play upon my return because of its new toy status. The Rogue SZ never did anything to disappoint, I actually loved the darn thing. I just strayed when removed from the game, idle hands and all...

I haven't even swung the Rogue SZ since, LOL, so that's a complete fail on my part as to any true comparison!

This week I'm busy, next week the Rogue SZ gets another chance.

Fujikura 661 evolution tour spec in my Rogue seems to be a great fit for my swing.

I went with IZ 6s in my Rogue SZ and it’s a really great shaft with great flight. Got the ball up but no matter how hard I tried to step on it it didn’t get away from me.

I've used a 60X Diamana Kai'li for 5 years now and I keep moving it from driver to driver because the feel and performance is that good in my opinion... And also in Club Champions opinion as they've never recommended I change. You can find good deals out there. Make sure it's the aftermarket version. Certainly worth a shot!

I love the Kai'Li. Had great success with it throughout the years.

I love the Kai'Li. Had great success with it throughout the years.
Really been good for me... Even though it's an older shaft.

Really been good for me... Even though it's an older shaft.

A guy can find it for a steal too. Although they're getting harder and harder to come by.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Try a UST Elements Wind 6x straight in(or proto DK). On the bay $40 with some other oem logo's like TM

Back