Looking for suggestions/experiences with irons

weten2

Reaction score
Handicap
First off I’m not going to get fit and buy new irons ($) I’m 70 and have had good success in the past by trying clubs on course and returning them for full credit if they don’t work. I’m just looking to save some trial time by others suggestions.
I have a 14hcp and still have decent 140y carry with 7 iron. I’m looking for a very forgiving iron that doesn’t look like a shovel. I’m thinking M1, G400, ap1, M CBG or hot metal.
I’m also looking for a graphite shaft that isn’t too light.
Any senior golfers out there with similar experience?

Srixon Z565

Hot Metal's with Recoil 95 shafts should be just fine for you. Covers all the bases you are looking for.

Hogan Edge irons. Factory direct pricing and Recoil 760/780 ES Smacwrap graphite shafts are options.

Thanks for the suggestions. I’m looking to buy preowned 1-3 years old. Anyone hit the Cobra F8 or Wilson C300? I remember the F8 and c200 having a nice feeling hitting indoors.

I'm playing the F8s. Now, but honestly my swing with irons right now is so trash I'm probably of little help. I do like them. They feel pretty good (not as good as the Hogan Edges)I do know they are not as forgiving as my old Nike VR cavity backs, but for some reason none of the Modern game improvement stuff seems as forgiving as the older game improvement stuff. That could be all in my head though.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

Titleist AP3... Easy to hit, forgiving, and long.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Back