Cobra KING F6 Irons - THP Review Thread

Despite the foul weather I swept the snow off the matt, and took a dozen or so shots with the 7i this evening, all of them were good. I have no idea of distance since it was cold, windy, and still snowing, but they went straight with a great trajectory. I'll really have to give these a thorough shake down. Another really solid option to pick from this year!
What shaft in it?

Cool...got to see them in Cali last week. Set progression looked great sharp looking set too. Cant wait to swing them
The gunmetal finish looks great! Everything about them seemed to click with me, but then maybe it was just a good day for my swing, time will tell.

I've said it since day one and still stand by it, these are phenomenal irons and truly unique to anything else out there, NO ONE has done progressive like this.

I've said it since day one and still stand by it, these are phenomenal irons and truly unique to anything else out there, NO ONE has done progressive like this.
I believe they do have something remarkable with these!

The forgiveness in these is phenomenal. I can't seem to miss, and I don't think I actually hit one really flush yet.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

The forgiveness in these is phenomenal. I can't seem to miss, and I don't think I actually hit one really flush yet.

It really is, you can get away with a lot laterally on these.

It really is, you can get away with a lot laterally on these.
For sure. I was very tempted to buy these on the spot, but there are still so many more great options to try this year.

First set of irons in the last couple years that has me thinking about a possible change.
Many irons were interesting on paper, but when I demo'd them I always came back to my gamers.
But these irons..... sweet and very forgiving! I really want to try them in my preferred Recoil 110s.

Cobra KING F6 Irons - THP Review Thread

Oh my goodness I want these soooo BaD!!!
4b7465082f3c2277ff9ac0c29b6554f5.jpg

The design between the entire line is slick to see in person.

Yeah they did it right. You don't even notice the progression when you set up to, or hit, a shot. Every iron just does what you expect it to do, if not better. After I compared these to a few similar models I was unable to resist.

Yeah they did it right. You don't even notice the progression when you set up to, or hit, a shot. Every iron just does what you expect it to do, if not better. After I compared these to a few similar models I was unable to resist.

Great info. I keep wanting someone to ask me for a club recommendation so I can say "have you seen the King F6 irons?" :D

So I went to the local golf shop today and did my srixon's head to head with the f6. It wasn't even a contest. The f6 irons were about 12 yards longer on average for me. My longest with the f6 was 21 yards longer then the longest Srixon hit.
Fitter did a good job and really helped. He fit me into stock graphite stiff. 1 degree flat and +.5 inch. I was shocked with the length as I am only 5'9 but he said that the way I swing it fit me better because I'm more upright.
I will be purchasing these within the next week. It's a done deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So I went to the local golf shop today and did my srixon's head to head with the f6. It wasn't even a contest. The f6 irons were about 12 yards longer on average for me. My longest with the f6 was 21 yards longer then the longest Srixon hit.
Fitter did a good job and really helped. He fit me into stock graphite stiff. 1 degree flat and +.5 inch. I was shocked with the length as I am only 5'9 but he said that the way I swing it fit me better because I'm more upright.
That sounds like exciting results. I'd be pretty pumped up too.

Did you get to hit more than 1 club?

That sounds like exciting results. I'd be pretty pumped up too.

Did you get to hit more than 1 club?

I'm really excited about these. Love my 545s but these are Probly better for me. Even my mishits weren't terrible.
Focused on the 7 iron a lot. But also got some swings in with a demo 4. Really happy with both clubs. 4 was super easy to hit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats on the results of the head to head comparison and further support for your ponder of these clubs. Look like they should be great clubs for you!

I love my F6 irons even more now. I picked up a set of my favorite steel shafts from eBay, ProjectX 5.0's. I installed them into a set of Hogan Edge irons. Played 3 rounds with the reshafted Hogan's and my observations were 1. they sure are smaller heads than the current irons. 2. They have a smaller sweet spot than current irons. 3. I was glad to put the Cobra F6 reg steel shafted irons back into the bag. Played yesterday with them and sure love em more than before. They look so good at address, feel great at impact, flight the ball nice and high and produce 2 bounces and stop, with current gamer ball the Srixon Soft Feel. Soooo looking forward to the next round with them, and the Cobra F6 Driver, Thursday.

Weak they usually tape them up when i ask

That's what I thought as well. Guess Columbus has different rules.

Not to worry I'll have your's to test out.

I have a local shop that probably has these and I am going to hit them. I know I shouldn't because I don't need irons but I have to try these out

Back