Best on course snack that you can PACK

Space Bandito

Baguette
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
2 Children
I've found myself snacking on the course more and more, and I'm looking for good, energy boosting ideas that I can pack

So far, I am fond of making a little tupperware box full or hard boiled eggs, cheese, and nuts. Today I think I'll bring a little cup of olives. I am also a huge fan of the Lara brand Cashew Cookie, which is mashed up dates with bits of cashew in it (and nothing else!)

Hot dog at the turn isn't gonna cut it for this one. What do you bring with you?

Any nuts, granola bar, banana or apples .... something high in protein or fiber to keep the energy level up

Beer. Drinks can be snacks too.

~Rock

Cashews or granola bar. When I would play with my dad, we would make sandwiches with a frozen roll, sliced ham and turkey, and frozen cooked bacon. By the turn the bread and bacon has thawed and you've got a good snack.

Cashews or granola bar. When I would play with my dad, we would make sandwiches with a frozen roll, sliced ham and turkey, and frozen cooked bacon. By the turn the bread and bacon has thawed and you've got a good snack.

I like this idea.

Unsalted nuts. Cashews are great, almonds are good too. Peanuts would be a distant third choice.

If I have plenty of water with me, I also love dried cranberries along with the cashews or almonds. But they get a little sticky/thirsty if you can wash them down thoroughly.

Man, I'm hungry now.

Captain Morgan fits in a flask well. Great snack, imo.

Also, vienna sausages, my grandfather always had them in his bag. Love those disgusting little things.

Payday bar, no chocolate to melt in the heat.

8-Pack of Ritz Crackers. Chewy Bars. PB&J in a sandwich bag wrapped in an ice pack.

Cart girl refreshments/snacks.

I do a cliff bar, and a ziplock of lightly salted mixed nuts.

Cliff bar hole 5, and some nuts walking from green to tee after.

Love me some Jerky

Perky Turkey Jerky is my go to for on-course snacks. Super easy to pack away in a pocket and not too tough/chewy when compared to beef jerky, which I also love. Past that, usually grab a granola bar if I need a quick snack. Maybe a peanut butter sandwich or something.

Try to stick with protein when I can. Obviously I prefer things that require little/no prep as I'm usually time strapped in the AM to get to the range before my tee time.

Nature Valley bars, packages of crackers, and a ziplock bag with a few scoops of Gatorade powder for my water bottle. I've turned a few heads when I take out a bag of white powder on the course like that.

Fireball.

Jerky or Clif bars are my go to

I usually throw in a couple bars of some sort. Something with grain/nuts/dark chocolate for energy. The 1st and 10th tee bars are typically expensive, but can be found online on discount from time to time. Cliff bars are good too. Other than that, I'd probably take an apple or crackers.

some of you m-----------s is nasty

for me it's trail mix. we've been digging a version sold at our local costco.

Best on course snack that you can PACK

Fireball.

Jeezus if I drank that stuff on the course I’d probably end up on one of those golf gods Instagram stories.

I like cliff bars but I’m finding it’s not enough for 18. Might try the trail mix idea.

I always have a fried egg sandwich before the round, and then wheat thins while playing.

I like to have a couple of Clif or Kind bars with me and have a half bar every 4 holes.

I like the MIO Energy and Electrolyte enhancers for water.

Well, yesterday I watched greg19 pull hot dogs in the bun out of his pockets. "what, you never heard of pocket dogs?"

PBJ on a good whole grain bread. It was my favorite fuel when I was doing a handful of 100 mile bike rides each summer so it’s certainly will get me through a round of golf. For afternoon weekend golf, a beer or two on the back nine is often part of the routine as well.

Well, yesterday I watched greg19 pull hot dogs in the bun out of his pockets. "what, you never heard of pocket dogs?"
That was priceless.

Back