Eat at Home vs Eating Out

6 at home, 1 out

Because of my crazy world schedule I am 5-2. But since gaining a crazy ammount of weight I will change this. This week I have only had 1 meal outside. Something I need to do

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

we are in the neighboorhood of 6.5 to .5 cooking to dining out. We eat out about once every two weeks. If we had more time in our day we would eat our far less.

We're usually in the 5:2 in:eek:ut ratio. Friday's and Saturdays are our eat out days, by Friday wifey and I are best from work and it makes a nice end to the week. Saturday's are hectic and we're usually out and about doing something somewhere so we will grab something somewhere for dinner.

Sent from the magic know everything box in my pocket

6 at home, 1 out 90% of the time.

We cook Sun - Thurs nights and usually go out Fri and Sat nights.

We cook usually 5-6 times a week and eat out 1-2 times a week. I also bring coffee break/lunch to work 95% of the time.

Last edited:
Twice a week out for dinner usually Friday and Saturday nights

7 in 0 out

Very very rarely eat out....and when we do it's usually ordering pizza in.

7 in 0 out

Very very rarely eat out....and when we do it's usually ordering pizza in.

This is where I want to get to. The wife and I were just talking about this last night.

5-6 in to 1 to 2 out. But more so on the 6 in and 1 out. Usually if we do eat out tho like others have said we'll grab a pizza and wings and eat at home.

I have a 2.5yr old at home and another on the way, can someone remind me what eating out is please? :D

I find I can eat better food at home, at a far better price than eating out with a family of four. .5:6.5

I would say it is 6 in; 1 out a week.

Depends on the time of year; during my wife's tax season I'd say we order/eat out 4-5 times per week because neither one of us are home before 7:30-8 to prep and cook. Rest of the year it's the opposite. Although, when we order, it's usually 2 salads from a local pizza place and only come to $17, so I don't feel too bad about it.

Let's assume we are speaking about dinner only here, and there are 7 meals per week. What is your ratio on eating out vs cooking?

Probably 4 out and 3 in.

Lots of after work/school activities and my wife and I work different hours making it difficult to prep/cook a meal that will be ready before 7pm.

Probably 4 in and 3 out. I enjoy cooking but sometimes get lazy especially cooking for 1 person.

4 at home and 3 out each week on average. Eat out every day at noon because my company buys!

On the avg 6-1 eating at home

4 to 3 we used to be better, I need to get us back into the 6/1 ratio

Trying to make it all 7 in but sometimes it's just hard to do that.

I would say right now it's like 5 in and 2 out.

Eat at Home vs Eating Out

Depends greatly on my work schedule as when I work out of town of grab something on the way home, my wife usually will eat out those nights as well.

When I am home for dinner, I'd say our ratio is probably 7-0 eating in.

We might eat out once every couple weeks.

1-2 out (often AYCE sushi Fridays with my gf): 5-6 in

6 at home and 1 out for us.

Back