Trying to Break 80 Club

That is awesome!!! Great job!!
Personal best 76 (39/37) yesterday! Course was under construction, and the greens were freshly aerated. I have no idea how I pulled that off!

Personal best 76 (39/37) yesterday! Course was under construction, and the greens were freshly aerated. I have no idea how I pulled that off!
Well done and congrats!!!

Personal best yesterday! 38/37 for a 3 over 75! Game felt good all day.

38/44 82 yesterday.
41/52 93 today.
Same golfer, same course, different ball. I blame the ball!!
And I will break 80 again, shortly!!

38/44 82 yesterday.
41/52 93 today.
That is always irritating when that happens!!! Fickle game.

38/44 82 yesterday.
41/52 93 today.
Wheels fell off in that back huh.

I've gone 87/83/82/88 in my rounds this year on 4 different courses. I'm getting greedy - I don't just want to break 80 again, I want to do it on different courses (the 2 times I've done it were in the same course).

I shot 78 at Coral Canyon, first time playing there. Other than back to back double bogeys on 12 and 13 I felt like everything was working today. Best day I have had with the short game in a while. Felt good.

My last three rounds have been 86/88/88, I've started lessons a couple weeks ago and putting in a lot of range time and playing more often. The lessons have just been about the swing so far but I have a clinic that starts next week that will be about the overall game and my instructor think it will help me out a lot with my scoring. My goal is to break 80 by August and I'm really hoping I'm able to do it this year. Last year I shot my PB of 80 and a lot of rounds in the mid to upper 80's with an early start and lessons this year I know I can do it.

Beat 80 twice on the weekend at Furry Creek with scores of 78 and 77.
Feels good!

Hahaha I had to laugh when I blocked that 7i OB on #9 and you bastards all cheered. I did deserve it though the way I was riding the 'Ustins like a rented scooter.
Lol, I think the one on 16 with wedge in hand was louder

Hahaha I had to laugh when I blocked that 7i OB on #9 and you bastards all cheered. I did deserve it though the way I was riding the 'Ustins like a rented scooter.

Freakin 'Ustins are ruthless! More like a stolen scooter though. Stolen with impunity :alien:

I used to break 80 many years ago. Just started playing again after a 20 year lay off. Been playing a couple of years now, and almost there to break 80 again. I guess the secrete is just keep plugging along.

Another 81. GRRRR. 8 over on the front (par 35) and was -1 on the back (par 37) until I hit 18: DOUBLE. ugh.

That 18th hole gets me every. single. time!

Another 81. GRRRR. 8 over on the front (par 35) and was -1 on the back (par 37) until I hit 18: DOUBLE. ugh.

That 18th hole gets me every. single. time!
Are you aware of the score when you're on 18? I tend not to care to know what I shot until the round is finished.

Every hole is just that, one hole, you're just trying to get par all the same. That's the way I look at it. No more pressure on the last as does first.

Sent from my ONE A2005 using Tapatalk

Are you aware of the score when you're on 18? I tend not to care to know what I shot until the round is finished.

Every hole is just that, one hole, you're just trying to get par all the same. That's the way I look at it. No more pressure on the last as does first.

i try to stay away from the card as well, but sometimes you know when you have a good round going.

the mind is so crazy. everything is clicking, then all of a sudden you have one fleeting thought that you could do something special, and you follow that up with one of those wtf swings. for me, i don't really get nervous over the ball thinking i might post a good number. but something switches and i'll do something incredibly stupid.

i try to stay away from the card as well, but sometimes you know when you have a good round going.

the mind is so crazy. everything is clicking, then all of a sudden you have one fleeting thought that you could do something special, and you follow that up with one of those wtf swings. for me, i don't really get nervous over the ball thinking i might post a good number. but something switches and i'll do something incredibly stupid.
I the same way. I think a repeating pre-shot routine can really help here. (I don't have one)

Shot my 7th 80 since I last shot under. I was undone by a nasty triple and 2 doubles. I'll try again Saturday!

It wasn't that i was so aware of the actual number, but i did know that I was -1 through the back 9.... It wasn't so much a mental error, as it I almost always single or double bogey the 18th on this course. It's just the way it goes.

It wasn't that i was so aware of the actual number, but i did know that I was -1 through the back 9.... It wasn't so much a mental error, as it I almost always single or double bogey the 18th on this course. It's just the way it goes.
Sounds more like you need a new strategy to conquer the nemesis hole.

Back