Shell Houston Open 2016 (Spoilers and Discussion)

Just wait untill the weekend ...it will be gone

Whoa now! I think Mike G commented about the greens being soft so I'm guessing that has something to do with it. I hope he keeps rolling those bombs when they firm up!

Marino working off that good performance in the PR Open. It's early, but some unfamiliar names at the top of that leaderboard.

I guess Johnson Wagner likes this course.

DJ with the Eagle,Birdie finish to lead at -7. Curious to see if the afternoon guys can take advantage also.

Yea DJ way to make my fantasy team look better.

Glad I missed that JB withdrew yesterday....that's fun.

Just love seeing a guy I had in my lineup but took out doing well (Wagner too). :banghead:

Dont overthink it i seem to have better results with my first instinct .

Koepka laid an egg in the first round. With these scores, he's gonna need to go really low Friday to play the weekend.

Hoping Phil can get some mojo working this week, pulling for him to win next week. It's a long shot but you never know with him.

I'll be there Saturday. The match play in Austin last weekend was incredible. My first PGA event ever!

Charlie Beljan WD

Thanks a lot J.B. Currently have two T1, an 11 and the rest over 30.

Lucas Glover has hit every single green so far (thru 15) and only made 1 birdie. That really sucks.

I love how Steve Stricker can just shot up and shoot under par even if he hasn't picked up a club in 2 weeks.

I'm Surprised Luke List hasn't broken through yet. That kid hit's the ball a ton. Nice swing too. He got a lot of TV time yesterday. I'd like to see what he could do at Augusta.

Today should be fun for them. 20 mph winds with gusts up to 28 mph. I've been on the course before (haven't played), but I can't remember off the top of my head which holes will be the most affected (up/down) by wind. There are a lot of woods on the perimeter of the course, but the trees on the course are pretty spread out and plenty open enough for the wind to wreck havoc.

Also, I watched some of the coverage last night and saw List hit the green with a 7 iron on a par 3 playing 201 yards (14 maybe?) and he wasn't but 10 feet or so from the pin. It's level enough out there than elevation can't be helping much if at all and we are at sea level so altitude and humidity hurt distance here. Even Spieth and others hit 6 iron into the green and the tour average for a 5 iron is 194 according to Trackman. Maybe the wind was helping them some yesterday on that hole?

The wind is the great equalizer for this course. It will help speed up the greens and it will come into play on 16-18. IIRC some of the middle holes 6-11 have exposure to the wind and depending on how it blows it will be interesting.

Appears to be that Round 2 is currently suspended due to inclement weather?!?!

Does Graham Delaet wear Puma but not play Cobra equipment? Is he still have mostly Titleist in his bag?

Does Graham Delaet wear Puma but not play Cobra equipment? Is he still have mostly Titleist in his bag?

In the 2015 WITB I found he had a Cobra hybrid and Odyssey putter, but everything else was Titleist.

In the 2015 WITB I found he had a Cobra hybrid and Odyssey putter, but everything else was Titleist.

I couldn't find a recent WITB. His website shows mostly Titleist but not sure how current it is.

I couldn't find a recent WITB. His website shows mostly Titleist but not sure how current it is.

The one I found was on that 'other' golf forum :wink:

Back