Favorite driver of all time?

Jman

Golf Scrivener
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Well THP, what is it?

I know some will go with event nostalgia, some will go with new hotness, some will go with old school memories, and that is the beauty of this...THERE IS NO RIGHT ANSWER FOR ALL!

So, what is YOUR favorite driver of all time, and WHY!

(also save the corny racing/motorsport driver posts/comments, this is a golf forum and you know what is meant! HA!)

Well THP, what is it?

I know some will go with event nostalgia, some will go with new hotness, some will go with old school memories, and that is the beauty of this...THERE IS NO RIGHT ANSWER FOR ALL!

So, what is YOUR favorite driver of all time, and WHY!

(also save the corny racing/motorsport driver posts/comments, this is a golf forum and you know what is meant! HA!)

G400Max. It made the game so much more fun for me.

I think it took the pressure off mentally and made me swing smoother to the point where I feel way more comfortable over the ball on the tee with the clubs I’ve moved on to.

Thing is awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well I’ve only played TaylorMade. Really loved my Burner 09 TP, had an SLDR that I could smash but with no consistency whatsoever. Now I have an M4, that when I hit it right, is probably my favorite of the bunch.

I do love my current Epic, but I think from what I've played for a significant amount of time, it's the Titleist 912.

toss-up for me, but i'm leaning toward one over the other.

bridgestone j815, or ping g400 max. i lean toward the max because i believe it to be more neutral in its flight. we've heard stories about some oems buying a competitor's driver, cutting it open, studying it, and trying to reverse engineer. i wonder whether any of ping's competitors are doing that with the max.

Hmmm....

Driver I hit best for a prolonged period of time was Callaway Razr Hawk. Something about it just worked for me, I knew where it was going, and the distance was really good.

Covert 2.0 Tour was my favorite shaped driver.

SuperTri might have been my overall favorite though.

My favorite ever was the Callaway Razr Hawk Tour from 2011. I loved the weight, feel, and headshape of that driver. I had put off a driver purchase at the time for 2 years because of all the weird square shapes companies were doing so this was very welcome and I hit it extremely well for several years. This Epic Flash may be in the bag for a bit though. I like it a whole lot.

Cleveland Classic. I had one with a Kusala Black and absolutely loved it. I loved the look, sound and feel of it, and I have never hit as many fairways as I did with that driver. It wasn't as long as my R11s with Kusala Blue, but the accuracy was unrivaled.

• Staff
Hmmm....

Driver I hit best for a prolonged period of time was Callaway Razr Hawk. Something about it just worked for me, I knew where it was going, and the distance was really good.

Covert 2.0 Tour was my favorite shaped driver.

SuperTri might have been my overall favorite though.

SuperTri is 1b for me still, 1a is the Nickent 4DX Evolver with 1c being the 400 Max.

Callaway X2 Hot driver. That was the first driver that I could hit at anytime with zero fear.

Wow great question, loved my Ping G30 but have to go with the G400 Max!!! Forgiving, gives me good distance and oh, did I say it's forgiving!!! A lot of guys think it is to loud but I like the sound.

Man it’s between TM R11, Cobra Bio Cell and XR16

Favorite of all time is the original Callaway Epic. 2nd place would be my old school TaylorMade R1.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Looks wise I loved the Cleveland Classic 290. Playability, probably the Epic that I still game a lot. Have hit my longest drives with the Epic and can pretty much count on a small draw when I put a decent swing on it.

Titleist 905. Of the drivers I've had, this was the most consistent and produced the best results. I could hit it high, low, straight, and draw it and fade it. And it was long. It is easily the most accurate and longest driver I've had. Even though I was playing my best golf then, other drivers I tried never felt as good or performed as well.

Burner 09 was legit. I did get a Tour Issue R11s one time which was the original low spinning beast.

Callaway Rogue

The previous drivers I had were just impulse buys, eBay buys, bargain buys, etc. Never had a true fitting. Once I bought the Aeroburner after like 4 decent drives to a hitting screen and bought it

So obviously with the Rogue and Grandaddy I was able to get custom fit, have the most forgiving driver that Callaway has ever had up to that point and a massive amount of confidence. Sprinkle in some lessons, practice, etc. And the driver is the best I've ever had.

My 905R.

Best Driver I ever owned, from the feel, to the looks, and the fact it was basically point and shoot. Perfect in every way. No idea why I got rid of it *le sigh*

I’ve gotta go R15 430. When I square it up and hit the sweet spot, lawdy. Ball go far. I went from that to an M1 430, to an Epic SZ, to a M3 440, to a Rogue SZ, to a Cobra F8+. Somehow that old beat to hell R15 always ends up back in my bag. Not the most forgiving of them but the longest. By far. Paired with a Px Black 70g 7.0, it combats my spin demon pretty well. Early results on the F8+ are promising, but it’s only a round away from going into the bad club corner:). Both weights center track giving maximum MOI. At 6.5* it sits open enough to not be a hook machine. I hit it equally right and left, what can I say, I’m fair:)

I’ve tip switched the Black 7.0 for the last time, I’m afraid it won’t withstand another one so the F8+ just has a yellow 76g 6.5 in it. I may have to find another black 7.0 online if I end up sticking it out with the Cobra. It’s way more forgiving, but not as long as the R15. We’ll see which one ends up heading to Firestone with me....

In no particular order, I would have to with the Burner and Regular R9 and then the Supertri that followed it were pretty amazing for me! And then rounding out the top 4 would have to go to the Cleveland Classic. Those Miyazaki shafts and those heads were freaking lethal!

Another vote for the G400 Max. Plenty long, super forgiving, love the matte black crown and the sound of a well struck ball. Even the turbulators have grown on me.

Current driver 2015 GBB or my X2Hot. That thing was a bomber.

Nostalgia: Big Bertha Warbird. First club I ever bought on my own.

Game Changer for me: FT Tour. This thing was hot and felt amazing. After cracking 2 of them, I moved on from it.

Back