Something New From Hogan Golf

radiman

#TheGrandaddy2019
Reaction score
Handicap
Looks like something exciting coming. Mark your calendar for May 13th! Pic would suggest that it's a driver.

Saw this on their Instagram feed.

d5e16eff2605ed50435f9a788f1214c7.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

:quiet::quiet::quiet::quiet:

:quiet::quiet::quiet::quiet:

Ooh, someone knows something??

From what I can make out from that pic, the face looks DEEEEEEEP. If that is the case, it has my attention.

Saw it yesterday on social media and purchase already planned. I am hoping that fairway woods are released on Monday also so I can complete my Hogan bag.

about time haha

I have been so impressed with the brand as of late. They have really turned things around since their low point a few years back. I don't know the ins and outs of club design. I just hope this thing can hang with the big boys. They are taking over the soft spot I had for Adams for a long time.

Not sure why this model just made sense to me but it did. The clubs looks awesome. They do seem to adjust the pricing to take out the middle man. I might have to find a wedge or hybrid or even a hat to try.

Those sneaky devils. I am guessing they have been testing and refining the launch, but dang they are bringing out A LOT of new equipment in a short amount of time. This will be on my radar for sure!

Why though?

I said a similar thing with the putters, I don't see what different thing they are bringing to the market. I totally got their irons, the look, the feel, the history idea. Not so much with this

Not sure why this model just made sense to me but it did. The clubs looks awesome. They do seem to adjust the pricing to take out the middle man. I might have to find a wedge or hybrid or even a hat to try.

Demo program! I am a HUGE fan of the VKTR hybrid! I can't say enough about it! And, at $135...it's a steal!

Why though?

I said a similar thing with the putters, I don't see what different thing they are bringing to the market. I totally got their irons, the look, the feel, the history idea. Not so much with this

Why not? You don't have to be different to get a slice of the pie. If they can offer an equivalent product at a direct to consumer price, then they can put themselves in a position to succeed. In an age where drivers are regularly north of $500, the consumer could use a more reasonably priced option. They are in the business to make money. I doubt they would bring something like this to market if they didn't feel they could legitimately turn a profit. Looking at the company lately, you can see a shift. Their social media presence is growing, their product portfolio is growing, and they are picking up steam.

I like this from BHG and the way they are approaching things. Just means more choices for us golfers.

I have been so impressed with the brand as of late. They have really turned things around since their low point a few years back. I don't know the ins and outs of club design. I just hope this thing can hang with the big boys. They are taking over the soft spot I had for Adams for a long time.

I was an Adams golf homer for a long time and was so disappointed when they sold out. I'm very seriously mulling going all in on Ben Hogan and getting the PTX Pro irons but funds are a bit tight right now.

Why though?

Why not?

Options are great.

I was an Adams golf homer for a long time and was so disappointed when they sold out. I'm very seriously mulling going all in on Ben Hogan and getting the PTX Pro irons but funds are a bit tight right now.

I hear you there. My wife would have none of it. I have some funds to shuffle around from selling some stuff I wasn't using, but it's not enough to cover the irons. In regards to Adams, I don't know if it's my propensity to root for the under dog. They were making some killer equipment when they sold out. It was a shame to see the brand essentially disassembled like it was.

I feel like Ben Hogan Golf is starting to do the same. From the reception here and on social media, it would appear to me that they are in a very good position. Hopefully, they continue the trend. I am praying that this thing is more of the low spin monster than an ultra forgiving model. But, that's just my wish list.

Does make me wonder if they are trying to do too much. The idea of being a brand in general didn’t really work for them before, seemed to be better this time around, and now it all feels like too much. Good luck to them, but that has to be an extremely hard part of the market to break into.

It's not like they are going outside of what they know. I dont think this is a stretch at all. And if they are at $299 or below I will have to look.If they are above, maybe not. Exotics has shown us that drivers can be at $300 and be awesome. So without the middle man it should be less. I dont remember the old Hogan Company having great drivers. But times change.
Looks like they are using the BH logo on the top of the club as an aiming device. I like old school. Probably because I remember when it was new school.

It's not like they are going outside of what they know. I dont think this is a stretch at all. And if they are at $299 or below I will have to look.If they are above, maybe not. Exotics has shown us that drivers can be at $300 and be awesome. So without the middle man it should be less. I dont remember the old Hogan Company having great drivers. But times change.

They weren't anything special. They made a Big Ben C-53 Driver then some Colonial drivers/fw.

Last edited:
I can’t speak to what it is, other than we have a full write up ready to go on the home page already and THPers will enjoy it.

Looks like they are using the BH logo on the top of the club as an aiming device. I like old school. Probably because I remember when it was new school.

This is going to have an uphill battle in front of it. I just believe the first driver release will not have an adjustable hosel. I hope I am wrong. But, they need to be in that sub $300 range. Compete with the W/S D7 and Cleveland Launcher. Then, if it does come in under $300 it's the same price as their putters. I think most people will automatically consider it sub standard because of the price. So, for basically the same money you can get the D7 or TEE EXS driver. Lastly, with the price..."premium" shaft selection will be limited. I am totally behind BH....but, this is gonna have to be a winner!

This is going to have an uphill battle in front of it. I just believe the first driver release will not have an adjustable hosel. I hope I am wrong. But, they need to be in that sub $300 range. Compete with the W/S D7 and Cleveland Launcher. Then, if it does come in under $300 it's the same price as their putters. I think most people will automatically consider it sub standard because of the price. So, for basically the same money you can get the D7 or TEE EXS driver. Lastly, with the price..."premium" shaft selection will be limited. I am totally behind BH....but, this is gonna have to be a winner!

I remember the same discussion surrounding the Wilson Cortex. The very nature of the BH brand will have to price it below the big boys. As far as perception goes. Yeah, that can be an issue. But, they have already built their image being that of high quality gear at a substantial discount. But, at the end of the day, the performance will speak volumes. I am optimistic that it will be a winner for them. We will find out soon enough.

Good to see them expanding a bit, the PTX PRO is a great addition to the line and they’ll need to continue to evolve and be creative to stay relevant

I’m so close to pulling the trigger on the new Hogan stuff it’s not funny

Something New From Hogan Golf

Currently demoing the PTx pros with X100 shafts. Just about the easiest clubs to swing I’ve felt in a long time. Ball just launches high and lands soft. Might need to build up some funds...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good to see them expanding a bit, the PTX PRO is a great addition to the line and they’ll need to continue to evolve and be creative to stay relevant

I’m so close to pulling the trigger on the new Hogan stuff it’s not funny
I am so close it will happen next Monday. Was about to do irons and wedges yesterday when I saw the social media teasers. Figured I could wait a few more days and just continue enjoying my PTx irons and chrome Equalizers.

I’m currently gaming the 2018 edge irons, can anyone compare or contrast these to the new ptx pro’s. From what I’ve seen online they seem to be of similar size and offset. Been considering a set with graphite (recoil 780 f4) and these might be worth a look or try.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back