Whats your favorite distance?

Tough.

From the fairway I'm pretty happy with most distances. Awkward is usually around 25-55 yards since it's so feel based. Really I feel like I know more about where I dont want to hit from.

I think 85-95 is a good controlled shot from my sandwedge. Like a 75% effort swing that will hit the green and give me a decent look at birdie.

I can go on streaks with 9i-PW-GW, depending on the week. But probably GW 50* overall.

I guess 155 is a good distance for me based on arccos data.

don't have one. I can hit all my clubs wonderfully and horribly.
Just get me the closest to the greens if not on them that I can be. I will tend to manage/play to what the course gives me the best chances of getting to. Combined with my ability of success vs failure percentage for the shot at hand based on the lie, what Im dealing with, and the landing zone. If that means 140 out, or 100, or 80 or 20, whatever it doesn't matter. But Ill take the 20 if its in my arsenal to do it.

I like the 125 range I seem to do ok there.

80 yards used to be my #. i knew if i could leave myself that buttery smooth sort of half swing 54* it was inside 15 feet 9/10x and they were the holes where i offset my handful of bogeys to keep it low 70s. everything this year for me has been fighting the left shot. just got fit into new sticks today moving up to X flex in irons and from a stiff wedge to stiff + (tipped). right now, i agree with the guy who said he hates every yardage equally. I'm usually a scrambler, but i can hit a green from Kansas right now, i just can't buy a birdie this season

99 yds. Full 54 with roll.

100 yards. It has been my goal for a few years to get that distance into as many holes as possible each round. Full 56* and I'm usually inside 20 feet.

105 right now, because I haven't dialed in the numbers on the new irons. I remember in HS our team coach brought us out on the course early one morning, dropped us off at 100 yards, and had each team member hit 10 shots from 100 yards with 3 different clubs(we did it 3 times, 1 cycle with each club). The goal was to get us to find our club that would be our go-to for that shot, but also to try to get within 1-2 shots with the other clubs. It was one of my favorite practice days ever, and always liked it the next few times we did it. It's something I feel like I can still do comfortably today.

100ish used to be my favorite layup distance and is about a full swing 54˚ for me usually. I've been playing to get as close as possible the end of last season through now and that's actually worked out pretty well for me. Still use the layup yardage for sure, but I've been trying to get better at partial wedge shots, hence the change in approach.

70yds with 58* Nice smooth temp I’m golden.

130yds with 9i. My favorite club.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

110 with 56° SW is my favorite right now.

100. Punch 54 or 3/4 58 just depending on wind and where the pin is.

80-140 and I'm smiling. Several clubs to choose from and all touch shots. Most fun part of the hole.

I tend to try to lay up to around 125. If I mess it up and am 150 away, still comfortable to pull 8i. Hit it a little hot and have 110 away doesn't bother me either to grab AW instead.

85 yards with a 3/4 54* SW

Love my 6 iron, when I have 150-155 that's right in my wheelhouse

Whats your favorite distance?

Whatever the distance is from the 18th green to the 19th hole is my favorite.

In all seriousness it’s probably the 140 to 145 range. That’s a seven or an eight iron depending on how I’m feeling.

Last edited:
100 yards give or take and I feel really confident hitting a SW in pretty tight.

95-100 yds. with my 3/4 punch Apex AW.

80-85, same shot with my 52* MD3 is pretty good too

2 feet.

120-125 is perfect for my 9I.

150ish for my beloved 8 iron or 100ish for my 52° are my sweet spots.

9 iron range from 140-150.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I prefer my 7 iron, which for me is 145-155. I know that seems far, but just feel confident with my 7 iron.
Me too, it's like my fav shot , lots of options too.

Sent from my Lenovo P2a42 using Tapatalk

Back