16 Yr. Old Shoots 61 in US Open Qualifier.

Awstyn

Reaction score
Handicap
It is a sad state we are in that I panicked when I read your thread title. With so much bad in the world thanks for posting about a great young golfer.

Amazing! Blew away the field by 6 shots! Thanks for sharing.

That's one hell of a round for anyone at any age let alone 16

and he did it with 2 bogeys on the card. Crazy. Wonder how he will do in the next stage of qualifying.

It is a sad state we are in that I panicked when I read your thread title. With so much bad in the world thanks for posting about a great young golfer.

No joke. Nothing but good golf here though.

Awesome! At 16 I was lucky to score 61 on the local par 3.

That is pretty awesome!! Hope he does well at the next stage.

With today's instant news reporting & social media, it seems like it way more. Very interesting info, thanks for the link.
Yep, Most people believe we live in a more dangerous time now, but we are much safer than we have been at any point in the last 40+ years. We just get force fed negative news these days.

That’s awesome, whoa! His previous best being a 64 tells me we could see him at the US Open. He obviously can go low, is he consistent with it though.

Jeesh I thought my then 13 now a fresh 14 year old getting to under 10HC was impressive. I sent him that article telling him he’s got some work to do:)

I can't even imagine a 61... I'd probably just walk off and quit golf, it can't get better than that.

I can't even imagine a 61... I'd probably just walk off and quit golf, it can't get better than that.

Well its only 3 better than his previous best...I'm trying to get to 105, this kids out here shooting double digit under par almost.

Back