Illinois - Chicagoland Golf Gathering? 2019

B81Smith

Hit Bombs!
Reaction score
Handicap
2019 -
After looking through threads I was wondering who'd be interested in a gathering on a Saturday or Sunday for fellow THP'ers.

I'm not tossing out names for courses, etc but figured first we can gather who'd be interested, then throw out some dates and courses. I figure baby steps but I know we can drag our feet or the summer will be over with LOL. Maybe something near the end of June. I'm free most weekends to play a round of golf. I figure we can vote/gather course suggestions - keeping in mind we don't want a dog track but we also don't want 100/round type a place. I think there's a ton of courses that are decent that can host a small outing. We can get some skins going, drinks afterwards, etc. I'm always trying to play with different people - I lost my regular group of guys to various issues so I play as a single almost every week.

I'd love to try to organize it and help with calling around to get prices, etc, make the tee times, all the boring details LOL. Just trying to drum up some interest and take a head count.

Chime in! :):D

Okay, we've had a decent amount of interest.

Looks like we want to play Blackstone Golf Club: Address: 9700 St Andrews Dr, Marengo, IL 60152

Day: 29th

Okay here's what we got.

1. Boder - 29th strong maybe - 30th won't work.
2. -CJ- with a plus 1
3. mielke101 - Out Knee injury.
4. Trmpt98
5. MSH132
6. formula8 - can't make 29th.
7. Ottawaclo - can't make 29th.
8. Putterbutter only 30th.
9. Golf Dawg - out.
10. Chisag
11. ozzman - can't make 29th.
12. B81Smith - ME :) either day.

Looking through the thread, updated all the responses and the above is what I got. 7 Players including myself makes 2 4 somes. We'll really miss the ones who can't make it the 29th. Looks like that's the best day for us to rock n roll. We can post pictures here to make y'all jealous I guess ;)

I'll allow until tomorrow for guys to give me any last minute updates.

UPDATE:
I just called Blackstone Golf Club - Booked Tee Times @ 11:30am and 11:40am - said they're wide open so that'll be nice if it stays that way ;)

I'll monitor thread for any last minute adds or cancellations. Can't wait guys, this is going to be a blast!

Last edited:
Blackstone has to be the answer here! Lol. I am in if the dates work.

As long as the dates work, I'm game.

I’m in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Always up for some golf

Blackstone has to be the answer here! Lol. I am in if the dates work.

having just had a weekend of golf with blackstone members i am dying to play the course

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

having just had a weekend of golf with blackstone members i am dying to play the course

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

It’s a great track I have been there a dozen times and loved every round

I’d love to do this

Blackstone sounds awesome. It’s been a recommendation by several people I’ve been linked up with over the years. Still haven’t gotten out there but this would be a perfect reason to go

I just wanted to update the thread - I haven't forgotten or lost interest - just allowing about 1 more week ~ May 18/19th until we maybe put a date on it.

Right now I'm eyeing a date late in June to ensure nice weather/good conditions :) Like June 29th - Saturday.

Would people want a Saturday or Sunday? I figure if we make it far enough out, more can plan, more can go and we call all anticipate which is part of the fun :)

Right now I'm eyeing a date late in June to ensure nice weather/good conditions :) Like June 29th - Saturday.

No baseball games to coach that weekend for me so looks somewhat good.

Dates seem to work for me as of now.

I won’t be able to make a late June timing, but hope everyone has fun.

I think I could swing this. Unless the wife has other ideas

Late June is possible but I'll have to sweet talk the wife since I have a golf outing the Friday before that.

June 29 works for me at this point.

Late June is possible but I'll have to sweet talk the wife since I have a golf outing the Friday before that.

Isn't that always the case for us married guys out here regardless of what we have before?!?!?! Ha

Isn't that always the case for us married guys out here regardless of what we have before?!?!?! Ha

Absolutely! My wife has been a saint, I get to golf 4 days in a row and then leave for 2 days for a THP Event while she holds down the fort with the kids. I'm going to have to buy her something nice lol,

... What kind of start time for this event? Very interested if mid/later in the day, but not if early in the day.

I dunno yet. I wouldn’t think we’d go too early. We’d love to try to accommodate as many as possible. I’d think tee off between 10-12 is possible. Gives guys driving from further out time to get to course, hit balls and say hello
Looks like at least 2 or more groups. Maybe a start time around 11:30 or noon is best.

Lord Byron!?

Unfortunately the date does not work for me, I will be in Tampa. You guys are going to enjoy Blackstone if you end up there.

Lord Byron!?

Unfortunately the date does not work for me, I will be in Tampa. You guys are going to enjoy Blackstone if you end up there.

Back