Balls Used When Fitting

Franklin51

On the Verge
Reaction score
Handicap
Curious how many of you use your gamer vs what they just have in the bay

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Outdoor testing I use what’s there. Indoor I can control so I do

I use https://www.carlsgolfland.com/launch-pad for fittings as it is hitting from inside to out (to see actual ball flight). Plus they will ask what your preferred ball is and if its one of the pro lines (Pro V's, TP5 etc) that's what you use for your fitting.

When I went in for my fitting we used what they had there. I game a Chromesoft right now but will be switching to a Pro V1x or high compression 3pc. I felt it was odd that we used range balls for the fitting with Trackman but so far everything has still been good.

I'm not consistent enough for it to matter, so ballpark numbers are good enough for me.

When I was fit for my M5, they asked what ball i usually played. That is what we used..

Last time I did a fitting I used my own gamer balls.

One of the reasons I prefer an indoor fitting over an outdoor fitting. Seeing the differences in just premium urethane covered balls, going from one of those to a range ball... no way. My last few fittings have been with the ball I play and I think it is much more beneficial than using a range ball.

I used Titleist Tour Practice balls the fitter had. He said it was a renamed NXT Tour.

I just went through an extensive full bag fitting, and I used my gamers. I figured why not take every variable out of the equation by using exactly what I would be using on the golf course?

At my last fitting they had TM practice balls and project (a). So I used the project (a)’s as I typically use a softer Urethane ball.

When I did my Morgan Cup fitting at PGASS, they had sleeves of most of the balls from major manufacturers. I used some of the balls that I have used in the past. I think Srixon Z-Stars and Bridgestone Tour B RX

As my place is indoors, I used my CSX Truvis during my fitting last week, and when I go for the next stage of it, I will be using my ball again

Only downside was I chewed up one ball a bit hitting brand new wedges.....you could see the mark on the face (black RTX4) where I struck the ball with every shot

Back