2016 Masters Thread & Contest - Amazing Prize

Heard the comment that Henrik Stenson is the best player on tour right now without a major and it made me think. I actually think they are right. Now the fan answer would usually be Fowler or DJ, but if you are going by current tour, I think that Stenson is hard to argue with.

I would probably lean DJ. but it's a good debate. Both are exceptional.

I have so much to catch up on in this bad boy - really with the tv coverage would start earlier today too!

The arsehole persona doesn't work on tour. To many great guys with sh!t tons of game to give DooDoo Watson the time of day.

I would argue it would depend on just how good you are. Some of the greatest in multiple sports were loved for it.

That hole in one probably cost him some money. i think you maybe taking that out of context. He's really not a bad guy. He just doesn't know when to shut his mouth sometimes. I'd rather hear someone being honest than some of the boring PC stuff a lot of the guys say.

Being an asshole is just that, being an asshole. One can still do good. To quote a wise person, just because one is a character, does not mean they have character.

Henrik making a mess of the 13th.

Out of DJ, Rickie and Stenson I give the nod to RF to win one first.

To think this thread will hit 5k posts before Sunday.
I love THP Major threads.
And to think this weekend is the Masters, then this week we have The Cup signup and The Grandaddy announcement and then next weekend is THP Club Clash

I remember not all that long ago when we had an event that had a post min count per month. Told people it's really quite simple, watch golf on the weekend and do it with you laptop/tablet/phone near by. Talk about the tournament and the conversation goes so fast, it's fun. It's like you are watching the golf in a room with thousands of friends.

Willet and Garcia paired together today....

Both used to windy euro type conditions. For some reason I think they both play decent and in the thick of it come tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would probably lean DJ. but it's a good debate. Both are exceptional.

Its funny, out of that trio, I would have DJ last. At least Fowler had 4 top 5s two years ago in the majors.

Out of DJ, Rickie and Stenson I give the nod to RF to win one first.

we know it won't be this week hehe
I wouldn't be surprised by that though.

I'll stop you there. A hole in won isn't a regular thing. His, supposed buddy, shows legit excitement and Bubba Grinch never cracks a smile. Plus these guys have deep pockets and the chump change they may have been playing for is insignificant. He is pill with so much of an upside. But chooses to be angry all time.

I'm not gonna argue about what he was thinking because only he knows. It looked to me that he cracked a little smile. Maybe I'm wrong and I just want to give him the benefit of the doubt. I follow him outside of golf, and he seems like a nice guy. he just loses his temper on the golf course. I'm not excusing that, but I don't think he's the devil either.

I would argue it would depend on just how good you are. Some of the greatest in multiple sports were loved for it.

Being an asshole is just that, being an asshole. One can still do good. To quote a wise person, just because one is a character, does not mean they have character.

Agreed, when you're on top you can get away with it til you fall off your perch. Then you better do it right.

yep. they showed na twice yesterday and both times they made back handed comments about his pace. they showed all of js' round and I only heard one mention of them being on the clock, nothing about his actual pace. and they caught some audio of Jordan complaining about being on the clock, not because it wasn't fair but only because (paraphrasing) "I want to take my time but they have us on the clock." that's the point Jordan!
JS needs to be careful. He's everyone's favorite right now but these things can change on a dime. The slow play, sniping at his caddie after a bad result and propensity to make griping comments (this clock comment and the complaining about 18 at the US open) may not come off so favorably when he isn't winning.

Had to turn off the Masters app. Hoffman and Mahan are putting me to sleep.

Its funny, out of that trio, I would have DJ last. At least Fowler had 4 top 5s two years ago in the majors.

and DJ has won on tour year in and year out for like 9 years. It's a good discussion. DJ's had some good major finishes in the last 2 years, 4 Top 7 or better, and another top 12. With 1 not playing because of "issues"

JS needs to be careful. He's everyone's favorite right now but these things can change on a dime. The slow play, sniping at his caddie after a bad result and propensity to make griping comments (this clock comment and the complaining about 18 at the US open) may not come off so favorably when he isn't winning.

I just want to see the top spots battle with some good solid golf today. This not be settled til back 9 tomorrow

Those shoes Bradley has on are way worse than any of Rickie's

Bradley's shoes with the 45. What is that a reference for?

Sports fans (all of us) are a unique bunch.
We support liars, crooks, cheats, etc.
Fans cheer rapists, dog killers and more.
Drug addicts...and even murderers.

Fans choose to support based on a lot of things, usually geography and once its locked in, sports fans would rather you say "Your momma is so fat, when she cut herself, gravy came out" than have a real objective conversation about their/our guy.

I just want to see the top spots battle with some good solid golf today. This not be settled til back 9 tomorrow

I hope so. It's something we never got with Phil and Tiger. So hopefully they are in the same group and are battling down the stretch tomorrow.

Prediction time! I like moves from Sneds, Sergio and DJ today. But nothing that will quite give them the lead going into tomorrow. I am going to say that Spieth is going to be able to maintain his 1 stroke lead going into Sunday, but it'll be over multiple players Sneds and Sergio among those. DJ and Rory will be just behind.

I'm 100% certain I'll be way off, but that's how I just drew it up!

I'm with you on that. I'd love to see an epic RM / JS battle. To use a boxing analogy it would be the counter puncher vs the knockout guy. On an incredibly tough stage with super high stakes (repeat Master's Champs vs lifetime grand slam).

and DJ has won on tour year in and year out for like 9 years. It's a good discussion. DJ's had some good major finishes in the last 2 years, 4 Top 7 or better, and another top 12. With 1 not playing because of "issues"

He has. He seems to pick up Jimmy Walker type wins to me though.
Im sure perception is more than reality there.
Then again, DJ is ranked below both of them too.

Dear golf channel,

More Duval. Go push Chamblee off a damn cliff.

He has. He seems to pick up Jimmy Walker type wins to me though.
Im sure perception is more than reality there.
Then again, DJ is ranked below both of them too.

well if we go by rankings, this isn't even a debate. The answer is Fowler hehe

Back