Loving the game all over again

ULEWZ

Golf Magician
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
After taking about 30 years off to raise my kids and do life stuff, my wife and I got back into golf. I played in my early 20s and picked right back up where I left off, at the level of "Sucks".

I had a lay-off from 2005 to 2017. The new clubs have me almost where I was. Short game isn’t as good.

Welcome to THP. Glad you found the game again.

Welcome back to golf, and welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP. As another new member take my advice and get involved ASAP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome to THP.

Welcome to THP. As another new member take my advice and get involved ASAP.

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP!!!

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

Welcome!!

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP

Welcome back!

Same here stopped in 2003 and didn't pick up a club again until 2018.

You are going to have a fun and great year.

There is a problem though. The wife and I are obsessed and go to the range at least twice a week, and try and play once or twice a week. She is on her second set of lessons and is starting to hit the ball well. I was impressed. The first instructor she had was not very good. I watched her lesson once and was underwhelmed. At our local range, I saw the local pro giving lessons, and I said, that is who you need. Not cheap, but well worth it. I jump in with both feet on most things, like cars, motorcycles, mountain bikes (have 6 bikes now for both of us). Oh, and balls, bought a dozen white balls, and had trouble finding them in the rough. Bought 15 sleeves of matte green balls, and could not see them at launch, but could easily find them on the green. Then I found a red Volvik ball and find I can see it very well at launch and again once on the ground. Guess what my next purchase will be? Oh, new clubs, new bags, new hand carts, etc...

Welcome aboard! It's so much fun to see someone finding the love of the game again.

There is a problem though. The wife and I are obsessed and go to the range at least twice a week, and try and play once or twice a week. She is on her second set of lessons and is starting to hit the ball well. I was impressed. The first instructor she had was not very good. I watched her lesson once and was underwhelmed. At our local range, I saw the local pro giving lessons, and I said, that is who you need. Not cheap, but well worth it. I jump in with both feet on most things, like cars, motorcycles, mountain bikes (have 6 bikes now for both of us). Oh, and balls, bought a dozen white balls, and had trouble finding them in the rough. Bought 15 sleeves of matte green balls, and could not see them at launch, but could easily find them on the green. Then I found a red Volvik ball and find I can see it very well at launch and again once on the ground. Guess what my next purchase will be? Oh, new clubs, new bags, new hand carts, etc...

LOL. Welcome to your new hobby.

awesome! welcome back to the game and to thp!

Welcome back to the game and THP!

Back