The Red Wine Thread

It's getting crazy...
b062e04a0733a888a83ecc07f73ce228.jpg

Ohhhhh "Decoy"....

I tried this at a tasting about a month ago. Loved it! Bought 3 bottles that night.

Hmmm, interested in that as well. My favorite red by far is Malbec.

Huge fan of La Finca from Trader Joe's and very upset that the local store collapsed during the snowstorm this winter!

Robert Foley is my favorite winemaker. He has made expensive and less expensive (generally speaking) with Pride, Switchback, RF, etc. Always know I am paying more for his, and always seem to enjoy them.

Terroir in wine is the club head feel in golf.

There's a buttery and chardonnay joke in here somewhere.

This box just arrived from a friend in the golf industry as a thank you for an introduction. Looking forward to jumping in

e04a2d33dc22a313638cec68a77b8e77.jpg

If you saw my office, you would get even more mad. There are 12 unopened club boxes that I have no idea what is in there, but have not opened them yet.

Put these in the van for Club Clash! We can multi-task and review clubs and wine.

Living in nor cal wine country for the last 5 years. Very few wine snobs here!!! Lol. For real. Wine people are laid back, for the majority are anti snobs! Most red wine is too high in alcohol for my taste. Anything over 14% I don't drink. I can't taste anything other than the alcohol. Moved here drinking only reds, I don't touch it at all anymore. Rose and whites go better with food. A lot of rose drinking in the summer here. Don't knock it, some absolutely fabulous rose here and very anti snob. The big reds are snobbier! Lol.

Rose is very good for summertime!

Check this set up out..
8329124b0cc5bdf90797cdfe7575ca1c.jpg

Dang....mix that with an awesome bourbon / scotch room and that's all if need.

Yes! 3 great things right there! I am partial to scotch right now though... ;-)

Good use of that counter space!

Dang....mix that with an awesome bourbon / scotch room and that's all if need.

At my wife's uncles house and I swear there are over 200 bottles of wine from all over the world in here. Talk about heaven and 90% are red.

Anyone having any red wine today with their Easter meal?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nice bottle of Scout's Honor it was delicious!

At my wife's uncles house and I swear there are over 200 bottles of wine from all over the world in here. Talk about heaven and 90% are red.
Hope you have big pockets and/or Mrs. Maynard brought a big purse!

2013 Silver Palm Cab, love this stuff!

we had sans liege 2012 prophetess Syrah/Mourvèdre blend from central coast, then a custom crush Syrah from Columbia valley. wicked buzz while the sun is still up.

Yep, Joseph Phelps Insignia 1996

nice! I had the 97 over Christmas from a good friend's cellar and it was drinking really well.

nice! I had the 97 over Christmas from a good friend's cellar and it was drinking really well.

Very good. Insignia 96 and 97 along with Opus One 95 are "Liquid Christmas". I have 7 more bottles of Insignia 96 left and 3 of Opus One 95. I'll bite the bullet and get my hands on another case of each - prices are getting steep though.

Opus One is the perfect example of how wrong US wine does their prices. Its why I prefer Futures on Old World...

I'm about to.... I just don't know which....
a99f21727daa2badb42dbb2ba7b84870.jpg

Opus One is the perfect example of how wrong US wine does their prices. Its why I prefer Futures on Old World...

Fortunately I've been given 7 cases in the past 18 years and have never paid for a bottle.

had opus a few times to try to understand the pricing. not for me.

my wife wanted to take her dad out to a nice steak dinner for his birthday. we ended up at a high end steakhouse that has been around orlando for a long time. she wanted wine, so of course i had to partake as well. went with a 2011 robert biale zinfandel black chicken. it had its moments, but on the whole it was not a wire-to-wire success.

for the real wine nerds in here, do you believe in biodynamic drinking cycles? i do, and i don't think today was a fruit day. i'd be curious to know if anyone has this year's calendar.

No wine for me today. Had too much bourbon in KY today lol

No wine for me today. Had too much bourbon in KY today lol

nice! we are thinking about doing the trail later this year.

Had a nice Washington Cab tonight. Skyfall is the label. Local wine store recommended it. Very good for the price, at $14.
08ead954b9438a9686b3e8823d87a417.jpg

Ordered a case of Malbecs from the WSJ Wine Club. Only $15 a bottle to enjoy 6 different varieties plus a got a free steak knife set.

After tonight weirdness I need some red wine lol

My first post on this forum...I think I will settle in nicely on this thread among others.

Back