What's your favorite Major and Why?

rozo22

Reaction score
Handicap
As the first major is upon us, wanted to find out what is everyone's favorite? I have a feeling that the Masters and The Open will be the leaders. The Masters is far and away my favorite. From the par 3 tournament with the kids caddying for their dad, the ceremonial tee shot, the traditions to the pristine course that almost seems unreal. Will watch and read more about this tournament than any other this year.

The Masters.

Why? It's a Tradition unlike any other.

U.S. Open. It's our national championship.

1. The Masters
1a. The Open

I love the tradition and the immaculate scenery of The Masters, but I like to see the tradition of the old courses and the different style of golf that often needs to be played for The Open.

The Open. The courses are historic, the weather is unpredictable, and the play is unique, especially for American golfers.

U.S. Open. It's our national championship.

This will always be the answer for me. I like the beauty of The Masters but I can't get over the 'Men of the Masters' and how they seem like they rule the world and everyone else isn't worthy. I also like the US Open for the fact that anyone in the world can play if they qualify and that Par actually means something
'
;

What's your favorite Major and Why?

Be a toss up for me between The Open and The Masters. The Open because of where it is, the history, the courses that get played. The Masters, due to the televisual feast that is Augusta National, and because my first memory of watching golf on tv was watching Sandy Lyle smack a great 7 iron out of the fairway bunker on 18 to set up his putt for the green jacket. From that moment, I was hooked on the game.

I'm not sure but my I tend to enjoy the U.S. Open courses the most from year to year.

The Open for me, with the Masters in a very close second.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

1. The Open Championship
1.5. U.S. Open

The Open Championship for the historic value of the tournament and the courses (which I the fact they don't play the same course every year) the tournament is played on. The weather typically adds a lot of variables to the tournament which I find fascinating. The style of play there compared to here really intrigues me as well. Also very cool to be able to watch about 3 hours of coverage on Thursday and Friday before having to go to work.

U.S. Open because it is our national championship, they play it on a variety of courses and those course are always set up to be very challenging.

Being a Georgia boy it is The Masters, and it is not even close.

US Open. I love events that are a test, punishment for bad shots, total grind and beat down. Who ever comes away from all that with the lowest score gets a deserved win and our national championship.

PGA Championship. Just because of the underdog stories.

Masters, even when I wasn't playing golf I always kept up with the Masters.

Masters
Glued to the TV. I hope it rains for 4 days so I dont feel guilty about it.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

I love The Masters. It's gotta be my favorite but The US Open is a close second. Like Tin Cup says, it's open. Anyone can qualify. Although not a major I love the Ryder Cup too.

Masters and its not even close. Its the first major and the beauty of the course is something I always look forward to

Masters followed by the Open Championship.

The Masters (tradition and beauty of the course), The Open (LOVE links golf and the tie in to the sports' origins) and the US Open (love the diabolical setups that provide singular challenges to the games best players) are all tied for #1. The PGA Championship doesn't even feel like a major to me, it is clearly the second class citizen of the bunch for me.

Masters, I like the way they run the tournement, if you don't like don't play.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

I like The Masters because of the excitement leading up to it and how exclusive the course is. With all the tradition surrounding the tournament it's always a great follow.

The Masters. Augusta. Duh.

The Open. Because of the history, the beautiful courses, the weather, and the different kinds of shots that can be played.

The Open, and the US Open. Both are a lot of fun to watch

Sent from the magic know everything box in my pocket

Back