Callaway PGA Championship Staff Bag

Jman

Here for the Conversation
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
SOFTCAPPED
The putter headcover? Or is the bag out that I'm not seeing?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Bag is Cally. Same "theme" though.

large

The whole Bethpage “Warning” is getting over done. I know it’s hard, but don’t have to be reminded at every turn.

I get where the design was trying to go, but I can’t tell if the font missed the “graffiti” motif they were going to.

The whole Bethpage “Warning” is getting over done. I know it’s hard, but don’t have to be reminded at every turn.

I get where the design was trying to go, but I can’t tell if the font missed the “graffiti” motif they were going to.

I agree. I actually love the “I chev New York” part but the rest is kind of a miss. The graffiti font they used is terrible and the callaway on the side looks weird. I do like that they tried to stay away from the warning sign though like others have mentioned.

The worst part about it is the “The Black” on it

Bag is Cally. Same "theme" though.

large

I love that they went in a different direction than the warning label that EVERYONE else is doing but boy there's lot going on there and none of it done particularly great.

I can't see that bag appealing to anyone outside of NY.

But with regards to the sign its similar to Masters green & yellow. Put those colors on a driver and everyone winces and sort of shakes their head, but call something Masters special edition with those colors and everyone loses their minds.

• Staff
Whoa...Cool subway cars though.

Yep, coolest part of the bag IMO, and its the very bottom.

Love the colors, but man its just a miss on the motif IMO.

Yep, coolest part of the bag IMO, and its the very bottom.

Love the colors, but man its just a miss on the motif IMO.

Of all of the stuff I have seen, they are the one company that I think really missed sadly.

I love that they went in a different direction than the warning label that EVERYONE else is doing but boy there's lot going on there and none of it done particularly great.

i would be interested to hear yo aj's candid feedback on this. he loves new york so much, grew up playing the black, and i have to think he is beaming with pride over this week's tournament. i wonder if he had any input for this design.

Last edited by a moderator:
i would be interested to hear yo aj's candid feedback on this. he loves new york so much, grew up playing the black, and i have to think he is beaming with pride over this week's tournament. i wonder if he had any input for this design.

I think to ArmyGolf's point AJ being a New Yorker may love it. I could totally see New Yorkers really liking the design but most of us don't have that kind of connection.

I can't see that bag appealing to anyone outside of NYC.

FIFY. I think NYers outside the city might like it IF outsiders didn't equate the city as being a microcosm of the state. Truth be told the rest if the state probably couldn't be further from NYC and it sucks for the rest that the city controls the whole state.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Moved to its own thread.

I don’t like the font on the NY / Warning stuff. It’s a little too graffiti for my liking. It looks almost like an homage to the movie The Warriors, which would be pretty obscure (and IMO cool) but in total it’s not my favorite

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Definitely one of my least favorite major staff bags I have seen over the years

I don’t like the font on the NY / Warning stuff. It’s a little too graffiti for my liking. It looks almost like an homage to the movie The Warriors, which would be pretty obscure (and IMO cool) but in total it’s not my favorite
Golfers...come out and plaaaaeeeeeaaayyy!

(not really a fan of the bag at all)

Hard pass

Pass, not a fan

Not my favorite, but pretty cool. I like that the OEMs are really getting into marketing for each major though. Smart on their part as I bet club buying peaks around each major... especially if Tiger is in the mix.

as i said before, I like the bag. I like how it's different way of approaching it. I like the small details that Christian and Greg went into on the bag from the pizza zip tags to the subway cars on the bottom of the bag, to the fact that the actual callaway logo is completely different than it's ever been. I know what some will say about my opinion but I'm okay with it as I'd game the bag (if it came in a stand version) and covers without question.

Last edited:
no me gusta

Not a fan of the bag , think it’s the font that doesn’t do it for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like that’s it’s different.

I think I’d like it more if I was from NYC though.

Like Alex said, the details are what make the bag for me.

as i said before, I like the bag. I like how it's different way of approaching it. I like the small details that Chris and Greg went into on the bag from the pizza zip tags to the subway cars on the bottom of the bag, to the fact that the actual callaway logo is completely different than it's ever been. I know what some will say about my opinion but I'm okay with it as I'd game the bag (if it came in a stand version) and covers without question.

I kinda with you, I like a lot of it. It’s a bit over done, the warning could be gone, but I like the callaway logo a LOT.

Back