Best Burger Place In Your Area

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Simple question and curious about your area. What is the best and why?

Little local joint called Patty’s & Pints. They only serve 2 things but they do ‘em right.

tap room at dubsdread, right by my house. fresh, and very well seasoned. i prefer a traditional burger, not those burgers with a million weird ingredients. this one is about as good as it gets for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Admin
It’s funny my wife and I talk about this all the time, there’s some chain restaurants (local) that have decent ones but we still haven’t found a place that we want/love to go to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Keller's off Harry Hines in Dallas. True drive in food, great flat top burgers and takes cash only.

Honorable mentions would be Maple and Motor (not by much) and the original Twisted Root Burger (it's turned into a chain but still good for the exotic meat and change of pace).

More locals would be Pride Burger and The One and Only in McKinney.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

States a big place hahah.

Haha this is true, but area is relative. The Los Angeles "area" takes up 2/3 of Rhode Island in terms of land area.

Anyway, I'll stick to my answer that I feel applies to best burger in the world: Pie n Burger in Pasadena.

Winnie's Tavern in Wilmington, NC. It's down by the port and was built in the 1930's. Winnies's granddaughter runs it now. You can get a regular cheeseburger all the way to the Trailer Park burger....fried green tomatoes, bacon, pimento cheese. And, cheap cold beer in a can.

Around here theres "Uli's Restaurant" in White Rock and then somewhere way down the list is everyone else.

Zinburger here in my opinion. Great choices on different burgers and killer sides!

Red Coat Tavern for burgers, Hunter House for sliders. Both within 1.5 miles of one another. Next time you are in, let’s go!

For a step up from the fast food chains, a regional chain out here in CA that has pretty good burgers is Habit. If you go by the "looks like the picture" criteria, Habit does a great job.
Another regional chain that is more your dinner burgers would be Islands.
Too many really good solo pubs, breweries, etc that put out great burgers to mention.

Homerun Burgers in Louisville imo. They opened after Five Guys trying to copy them, but I think they do it better.

Just had a green chile burger at a Vikings bar in Vegas (yeah I know, weird) that was really excellent. The bar is called the Blue Ox Tavern. Definitely going to go back.

Flipside. Just good burgers and fries with just about any kind of burger you can imagine to satisfy whatever someone is in the mood for. Now, if someone were in the mood for a classic burger, theres another place here in Columbus called, "Philco" that is just great, somewhat high-end diner food (high-end for a diner) and they have this amazing burger called the Phil Jr that is just a great classic burger.

I don’t think we’ve found it yet. So many great local joints here in the Philly area. Each time we try a new one it seems to be better than the last. I’ll need another year or two to narrow it down!

Swenson’s. Local franchise, think they own 3 total restaurants. It’s a drive up restaurant where they run out to your car and take your order, and you can get it to go or eat on a tray outside your car. Their signature burger “The Galleyboy” is pretty great. I really should try and eat there more than once a year.

Does my backyard charcoal grill count? When we want really good burgers, it's me cooking them over hot coals. Nothing else in this hick town compares.

We have a place called Big Picture Burger that be is probably the best in town, but it isn't earth shattering. If we want a good burger we grill them ourselves.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

The Beacon. It’s a local diner. Fresh burgers, seasoned with salt, pepper and garlic powder, cooked on a flat top, served on a plain, cheap bun, with cheddar, onion, pickle and lettuce. Mayo and mustard on the side. Bacon and a fried egg are about the only adds.

The Works. A few different meat options to choose from and a lot of toppings to choose from. Great milkshakes. Their sides are pretty good and they have best onion rings I've ever had.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Area hmmm our racino has a couple really good burgers, and there’s a Matt the Miller’s that has a couple good burgers as well.

Heck’s cafe, flipside, or the rail. All fantastic and I’d pick a number out of a hat for any of them. Actually met the head chef when the rail first opened around here a few years ago. So for that if I had to pick one, I’d go the rail.

B spot gets the most press because of who owns it, but it’s not as good.

Back