60* Toe Hang?? Help

williaza

Reaction score
Handicap
The first "real" putter i was fitted for and bought was a TM Ghost Tour Black Indy. It had 60* of toe hang. Like an idiot i sold it and moved on to a SeeMore and now a Ping putter. I feel like my putting has never reached the level of when i had the Indy. I have been looking for models with 60* of toe hang, there are not really many options.
Also, I have never been told I have a "strong arc" stroke, so what could be the reason i putted better (or at least thought i did) with so much toe hang.
Thank you!!

The Odyssey #9 has 62* of toe hang.

I assume based on head shape and similar heel-shafted setup that the Taylormade Balboa and Scotty Newport 3 are in that same range.

The first "real" putter i was fitted for and bought was a TM Ghost Tour Black Indy. It had 60* of toe hang. Like an idiot i sold it and moved on to a SeeMore and now a Ping putter. I feel like my putting has never reached the level of when i had the Indy. I have been looking for models with 60* of toe hang, there are not really many options.
Also, I have never been told I have a "strong arc" stroke, so what could be the reason i putted better (or at least thought i did) with so much toe hang.
Thank you!!

Global Golf has a new Ghost Tour Black Indy. And there are several used versions on eBay.

As far as why the stroke may have been better with more toe hang, if you rotate the putter at a rate faster than the path moves, the increased toe hang allows for the putter to rotate more freely. I've worked with the SAM Puttlab and it measures head rotation relative to path, and any stroke with a closing++ to path calls for a 45-60 degree toe hang putter head.

So, like i said above I'm starting to think i was an idiot changing putters in the first place but now im very curious as to the process...so the indy had 60* toe hang 3/4 offset and flare neck

It seems like 60* toe hang and 3/4 offset is rare...for example i found that White Hot RX #2 is 1/2 offset and "moderate toe hang"...would this putter play similar? or because the toe hang is moderately less and offset slight less it will play that much different?

I hope that isn't too confusing. Sorry if it is!

Back