How Far Will You Go?

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Not for a THP Event or anything, but how far will you drive or go for a single round of golf assuming you have to return in the same day?

My limit is about 6 hours give or take...and if I’m going that far it better be for some d@mn good golf or people.

I’m going to say 3hours but it better be a damn good course if I’m traveling that far

Five hours is what I’ve done in the past so that’s my limit. Anything further I’d have to make it a multiple day trip.

Probably around 5 or 6 hours. I might push it a little further for a really nice course.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

10 years ago I would have said 3 hours but now I'll say 90 minutes each way and it better be a damn amazing course. I have too many great courses near me to drive far for golf. I'd rather play 36 at my home course like I did today and be home by 6 pm!

I've done 2:30 each direction same day for a special course. Hoping to go again, fairly soon.

And am obviously willing to travel a few miles for THP events.

3 - 4 hours for me. The closest course to me is 10 minutes away, but almost everything else is an hour or more. Anything over 4 hours and I'm probably gonna make it an overnight trip.

I would drive to Des Moines. So about 3 hours.

I’d say 3-1/2 4 hours tops. Anything else would be an overnight trip! Course doesn’t have to excellent but the company does.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If I'm living with family, then I'd say 90 minutes and it would have to be a special occasion. Three total hours in the car on top of a 4+ hour round of golf is not a nice thing to do to the wife and kids on a Saturday.

If I'm away from family, no limit, really. I'd say 4 hours only because 8 hours total in the car is going to have me really sleepy.

I have tested this and like those before me have said, 3 to 4 hours is the practical limit. I went from Miami to Orange County National at 4 am to make a 9:15 tee time and it was challenging. I’m not sure I would do it again that early. I was home by 7.

The most I've ever done is just over 4 hours.. Although I drove over 7 hours to get home from the Morgan Cup. I would do that round trip (15+ hours) for another round at Haig Point..

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

3.5-4hrs. The course better be fantastic for that kind of drive though, cause that's likely a wakeup and be on the road before the sun rises kinda trip, and those are terrible after a day of golf.

3 hours max one way. I'd be in 3 different countries with lots of great courses to choose from. Now, same day return by flight, that would also be interesting over here.

Typically 1 hr is my maximum.

Not that I wouldn't go further, and have gone further, just that within an hour of home there are easily 20+ courses. Many of which I have never played.

The bucket list is to hopefully one day play every course in our area. Every small town has a course here. The city in which I live has 5 alone.

however long it would take me to drive to augusta. that’s my limit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

For the tot Hill farm group we had it was 3 hours round trip. In Michigan with my father in law it was 4 hours round trip.

6:30-7hrs

done. wanna come with? we can hop on golfnow in the car to book a time.

done. wanna come with? we can hop on golfnow in the car to book a time.

You secure that tee time, I'll jump in the car right now and pick you up.

6-7 hours figuring it’s a 5 am departure 12:30 tee time, 4.5 hour round + a lil extra time so say 5.5 hours puts me back home before the sun comes up again. Win win

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 hours one way is my limit!

2 hours each way is probably my limit these days if I'm not on a vacation/golf trip. Too much going on to be able to devote more time to traveling than playing.

Back