Chad D.

Reaction score
Handicap
Hooo boy, am I worn out. Let me preface this by saying that I am thrilled with bogeys, and I’m in it for the fun. The only reason I keep score is because my watch and phone do it for me...

Well, after using a basic set of clubs for a year, I’ve found some things that just don’t work well for me. I’ve taken a handful of lessons, and can generally hit the ball in the right direction. Most of the time...

After playing with some new items today, I’ve discovered that I am way more efficient with either the Ping G410 or Cobra F9 irons. I’ll hit them again after I rest to make the decision...

Could not hit a hybrid to save my life. I tried Callaway, TM, Ping, Cobra, Tour Edge, and another that escapes me. Nope... Can’t do it.

However, I can BOMB that 9-wood Epic Flash. I was getting pretty beat by this point, and was pushing the ball a bit. When I go back, we’re going to try a 7-wood that has adjustable hosel. Weaken is a couple degrees to match the 9, and add some draw bias to hopefully straighten it out a bit.

After that, it’s on to another fairway and driver. I assume the Epic Flash will be the answer, but won’t know till I try them all. So glad to have a well equipped shop near me in Eugene, Oregon...

Shafts, grips, then wedges to fill out the short end of the bag.

Man. I played with putters for about an hour and a half! Really like the TM Spider, one of the Bettinardi’s, a Ping, and one Odyssey... None of the Scotty’s called my name.

Not looking forward to the bill at the end of this journey, but what else would I want to blow some extra cash on? I know, in theory, that quality equipment will not improve my game, but I am hitting all of this styling much better than my current pieces.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well you gotta go for the bag with the built in sound system and beer tap!

As I started to dabble in a more custom fit, I'm learning that the shaft of the club can take your game to the next level.

The feel, how stable the club feels and even miss hits can be a different outcome.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Well you gotta go for the bag with the built in sound system and beer tap!

Wait... Wut????

Like this

Attachments

• Rodney.jpg
    Rodney.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 0
Alright! Clubs ordered.

Gonna be a long couple weeks, but here’s what I was fit into.

Epic Flash 10.5° driver, 3W, and 7W. Evenflow Green shafts (can’t remember the weight...50/55?)

Ping G410 5-GW, +1/2” & up 2° (green dot). Regular flex Ping AWT 2.0 shafts.

Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 54° & 58° sand and lob wedges.

Odyssey O-Works Black Tank 1 putter.

I’ve only been playing for a year, and these are such an improvement over my current house brand clubs, as far as distance and dispersement, it isn’t even funny. Longer, straighter, and more height.

So excited to get on the course this summer now!!! A big investment, but who cares? We make more money every day!

Alright! Clubs ordered.

Epic Flash 10.5° driver, 3W, and 7W. Evenflow Green shafts (can’t remember the weight...50/55?)

I’ve only been playing for a year, and these are such an improvement over my current house brand clubs, as far as distance and dispersement, it isn’t even funny.
Those are all great choices. You won’t outgrow those for a long time, if ever.

That’s a great lineup, congrats

Alright! Clubs ordered.

I’ve only been playing for a year, and these are such an improvement over my current house brand clubs, as far as distance and dispersement, it isn’t even funny. Longer, straighter, and more height.

So excited to get on the course this summer now!!! A big investment, but who cares? We make more money every day!

Very solid setup! Congrats and enjoy your shiny new sticks!

Solid setup that should last a very long time. Once you get more speed with driver you can even keep the head and just change up the shaft saving money

Good shoes would be next for me

Alright! Clubs ordered.

Looks solid. Hopefully, your fitter went with the green dot wedges, too.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Looks solid. Hopefully, your fitter went with the green dot wedges, too.

Forgive me if I’m off on my colors... the irons are green, which is 2° up. The 54° & 58° wedges are 1° up. I don’t know what color that is... Blue? 1/2” long, just like irons.

But, yes. They were fit right after the irons.

Forgive me if I’m off on my colors... the irons are green, which is 2° up. The 54° & 58° wedges are 1° up. I don’t know what color that is... Blue? 1/2” long, just like irons.

But, yes. They were fit right after the irons.

No worries. Seems weird that they're not the same color, but at least they're not standard.

No worries. Seems weird that they're not the same color, but at least they're not standard.

You know, I had the same thought as we were doing the fitting, but it was made the club hit square for me. I’m assuming that with the slower swing with the high lofted wedges, the club head will create less flex on the shaft, effectively pulling the toe down less?

You know, I had the same thought as we were doing the fitting, but it was made the club hit square for me. I’m assuming that with the slower swing with the high lofted wedges, the club head will create less flex on the shaft, effectively pulling the toe down less?

Maybe. That makes sense if you rarely hit full shots with the wedges. However, if you're routinely choking down on the wedges for those less than full shots, you're effectively flattening the lie and we're right back where we started. You'll know they're too flat if you start noticing all your shots are offline to the right (assuming you're RH). Not slicing or fading right, just pushed from the lie angle being too flat.

Maybe. That makes sense if you rarely hit full shots with the wedges. However, if you're routinely choking down on the wedges for those less than full shots, you're effectively flattening the lie and we're right back where we started. You'll know they're too flat if you start noticing all your shots are offline to the right (assuming you're RH). Not slicing or fading right, just pushed from the lie angle being too flat.

That makes sense. I’m not much of a choke downer, so my hope is that it’ll be OK. I can always squeeze a little more upright lie into these wedges by slamming the head into the ground in frustration...

Where did you get your fitting? Fiddlers?

Yes. Raymond helped me out.

Nice... I have some buddies that live in the Albany area, one of which whi was fitted in to a Ping driver a month or two back. Btw, if you’re looking for a 4 man scramble tourney to play in, Link Up Vets is hosting theirs at the end of July. It’s a blast to play and spots fill fast! Here’s a link to their events page...

https://linkupvets.org/new-events

Big long box full of irons and wedges arrived today!!! Grips on, and should be ready to go.

Unfortunately, my wife is having surgery on Monday, so their debut may be slightly delayed...

Luck is on my side, fellas. Got a call from a great customer today, looking for a fourth guy to play tomorrow. Bag is all put together and ready to rock in the morning!

Hope to have positive feedback later on...

Back