Your Best Hole Streak

Canadan

You Are Great
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
I was playing in league tonight and was fortunate enough to make five straight birdies. Wondering if that is my best, if not tied for my best.

Two par 5s, two par 3s, and a par 4. Felt awesome.

What's your best streak? We're all different skill levels. If it's a par streak you're excited about, share it! If it's a bogey streak you're excited about, share it!

I know I have gone 3 straight birdies a few times but don't recall ever exceeding that.

I’ve had back-to-back birdies a couple of times, and shot eagle/birdie on consecutive holes once. Yeah, that’s pretty much it. lol

My best stretch was only 3 holes. The first three and the last two holes of my home course are my nemesis. The first three are Par 5 (dogleg left, which is death to a lefty who's natural shot is a draw), Par 4 (tightest driving hole on the course), and Par 5 (with a highway that runs along the left side).

On the first tee I absolutely piped my drive, right down the middle. I talked myself out of "going for it" with a 5W (that I cannot hit to save my life) and played to a number (around 140-PW, for me). I thinned it a bit and hit it a little farther than I wanted (left myself about 125) and, uncomfortable hitting partial wedges, I took a full swing with the 50* CBX. Left myself about a 12 footer that I drained (to my own disbelief). A fist pump and a walk to the cart later, I find myself at what looks like a hallway of trees.

It's not a long hole (even from the tips it only plays to about 355) but there is NO bailout anywhere. Fairway is maybe 20-25 yards wide, maybe 5 yards of rough on each side and houses/OB beyond that. I typically play a 4 iron from the whites (blues on most courses) as the hole from that box plays at about 325ish. Unfortunately, the anxiety of the hole almost always leads me to pull my shot (with a prayer that it at least stays in the rough). Not this time. I hit a beautiful draw that started out about 5 yards inside the left side of the trees and drew perfectly to the middle of the fairway. I overshot the green on my next shot, chipped it to about 3 feet and putted for par.

The next hole is the par5 that runs along the highway (highway is on the left side). Now I will hit hooks, draws, and pushes all day and NEVER hit a slice and if I do hit a slice it is 100% on this hole. Every. Single. Time. It's an absolute miracle that I have never hit a car on this hole. I consider playing it 6 iron, 6 iron, *54 but HELL NO, I'm feeling it! I hit driver and though it wasn't long (maybe 230ish) it was dead straight. Right down the middle of the fairway. I've got about 250 left to the hole and I figure I won't push my luck. I'll play 9 iron, wedge and give myself a shot at bird. I push my 9 and end up behind a tree with no look at the green. So I punch it out with a hybrid hoping to leave myself a shot at par. I pitch it onto the green with about an 8 footer that bends to the right (as a lefty I hate this putt) for par. Lo and behold, I actually sink that sucker. At that moment, I realize that I'm 1 under through 3 and I'm heading to one of my favorite holes on the course: a par 3 that (on that day) is playing at about 185. It typically plays at about 170-175 but on that day they were doing repairs on my box. I grab my 6 iron and stare down the one hole on the course that, for whatever reason, fits my eye perfectly. I take my stroke and this thing is directly on line for the flag. No draw, no fade, just a laser at the pin. My heart is literally starting to race as I stare down this shot and suddenly it just drops out of the air about 40 yards short of the green. Yep, you guessed it, I grabbed the 9 instead of my 6. Ugh. I was crushed. I got so pissed at myself that I flubbed my next two shots, finally chipped onto the green with my 4th and two putted from 5 feet away for a 6. It was all over after that. I let may anger carry over to the next hole and it was a full blown snowball effect for the rest of my round.

I learned a couple of things that day: 1. When things are on, I can actually play this game and 2. Let it go. don't let one blow up hole (or shot, for that matter) kill what could have been a decent overall round.

1 under through 3 holes. To many around here, that might not be a big deal but to a guy that was (at the time) playing to a 30.1 cap it was huge. Unfortunately the cap hasn't come down but a few strokes over last year, so far, but I'm trending down and that's always a good thing.

Recently, four birdies in seven holes.

got 3 pars in a row the for the very first time 2 days ago. surprisingly it was from the blues too. i was in position to shoot mid 90's. however the length of the course caught up to me fast. shot a 105. UGH!!

got 3 pars in a row the for the very first time 2 days ago. surprisingly it was from the blues too. i was in position to shoot mid 90's. however the length of the course caught up to me fast. shot a 105. UGH!!

Heck yeah, next streak will be four in a row!

I made 7 strait pars on a local course. The next time I played the same course a year later I made 6 strait pars on the same 9. Something about that 9 that just suits me.

4 birdies I think a few time is my PB. The most recent I recall was my home course. Par4, Par5, Par 3 and Par 4. My best in a round is 6 birdies

I went eagle, birdie, birdie once. It was the first 3 holes and I was over par by the turn haha.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

I don't think I have ever made two birdies in a row. My best stretch of good stores that I really remember came Sunday. I really thought I had gotten my game turned around, I made 5 straight pars, one bogey then another par. That is awesome for me! I went ahead and finished up with a bogey and a tripel!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Three birdies starting with a chip in birdie on a par 3, up and down birdie on a short par 4, and then a 2 putt birdie on a par 5.

At a gathering in Dayton way back in the day I started -3 through the first 4 holes, I went Birdie, Birdie, Par, Birdie.

Then crapped the bed

Sadly, I think birdie, birdie, par is the pinnacle of my golfing career.

Mine was four straight birdies, but was between two rounds. We were playing 36 holes that day at TreeTops and birdied 17, 18, 1 and 2. I think that counts right?

It was a few years ago and I had been playing terrible for me, I think I was like 9 over through 8. I then went birdie, birdie, par, birdie, birdie. After that I think I started playing poorly again but that was a really fun stretch.

I was playing in league tonight and was fortunate enough to make five straight birdies. Wondering if that is my best, if not tied for my best.

What's your best streak? We're all different skill levels. If it's a par streak you're excited about, share it! If it's a bogey streak you're excited about, share it!

I don’t remember my best streak of birdies but I’ve shot 29 a couple times back in my 20’s that both included eagles, one of those nines had two eagles.

Yesterday I played 36 and had my best nine of the year to finish the round under par. On the last nine I birdied 10, 12, 14, and 18. I lipped out a 6 footer for birdie on 16 and left another 12 foot putt just a roll short on 13. It would have been cool to make that one on 16 because it would have been the first time I birdied every other hole on a nine. I knew that in my head and put extra pressure on myself for that putt, lol.

I also have a painful memory of making my personal record of 8 birdies in a round at one of the toughest courses I frequent(slope 144) and shooting over par. :banghead:

Last edited:

Dude that is next level awesome!

For me, I once salvaged an otherwise unmemorable League round birdie, birdie, eagle on 16-18 to backdoor into the win.

Back when I was closer to Canadan's age I started birdie 4,birdie 2,birdie 2 ,eagle 2 at Lakeside Hills in Olathe.

Last fall, I had an 11 hole stretch at Ross Bridge that I played +2. The other 7 were +10.

Best ever was probably a -3 front nine at my old country club. I had an eagle, made 2 birds in a row and made several par putts over 10 feet. It’s my low 9 to par. I shot something like 43-44 on the back.

Hard to imagine that after after the last couple of rounds.

Wow, what a fantastic run!

Best birdie streak is three. It's rare for me to get two in a row, so three was pretty special.

Since I can go a whole round without a birdie, My best par streak is ten. Also pretty memorable, since some of the holes are tough to par.

~Rock

Last week, I went Bogey, Par, Eagle, Par, Birdie, Par, Par, Par, Birdie.
I know Bogey isn't a good way to start a streak, but that was the whole front 9.

I made 4 birdies in a row. 7, 8, 9 & 10. Then doubled 11 but birdied 12. Still only shot 77 that day lol!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back