How wide is your iron stance vs driver.

No big difference in my stances. My driver stance is pretty close to my 4h/5i stance.

My feet tend to get wide on me too (my opinion), so I have to remind myself to bring them in as I have actually felt a difference in my ability to rotate when my feet get too wide, specifically with my driver...

It varies with how tall you are, but based on your irons stance I'd say bring it in to no more than 16". If your stance gets too wide it really limits hip rotation and lower body movement... just too restrictive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

my instructor pretty much always wants me to narrow my stance, like almost the same as the width of a mid-iron. he says i can get more speed that way, and have a better chance to hit the ball from the inside. but i can never feel stable or consistent enough, so i always revert back to a wider stance.

I try not to have any different of a stance.

Are you suggesting it should be same or narrower somehow?

Unless you have really narrow shoulders, I'd have the your stance shoulder width unless playing a specialty shot.

Unless you have really narrow shoulders, I'd have the your stance shoulder width unless playing a specialty shot.
Thanks for the advice!

I need to look into this. I'm always off balance on my toes on my driver follow through. Maybe I'm too narrow.

Back