Callaway Big Bertha V Series Heavenwood - Technology Q&A

I'm comfortable anywhere from 190-210 with it. I'll choke up for a slightly shorter shot when I'm not confident in my hybrid or 4i to get it done. I'm not a big distance guy I'm more concerned with making a good shot and keeping it in a solid position, which this club excels at. Excellent out of the rough too with the V sole.
Interesting. That is exactly the range I am looking at filling at the top. I like that it it so versatile and I assume it is still easy to hit off the tee if you need it?

I am dreadful with FWs off the deck, it is something that I need practice with but after doing some reading on this club it might fit the bill.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts buddy.

Interesting. That is exactly the range I am looking at filling at the top. I like that it it so versatile and I assume it is still easy to hit off the tee if you need it?

I am dreadful with FWs off the deck, it is something that I need practice with but after doing some reading on this club it might fit the bill.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts buddy.

Yup, teed up just off the turf is the sweet spot that I've found. I waited way too long to get one, don't make that same mistake!

Yup, teed up just off the turf is the sweet spot that I've found. I waited way too long to get one, don't make that same mistake!
Haha I am looking now! Thanks

Check out Golfio. They had them new with $20 off code "BBV" taking it to $69.

My Heavenwood came in yesterday, and I took it to the range. I could barely hit anything, but the Heavenwood was nothing but high and straight for me. It's going to be good to have back in the bag. I didn't have too much trouble with my old one in R flex, but I feel like the S flex holds up a little better when I get a bit quick or swing less-than-smoothly.

The V series line are such good fairways.

I know it has been said time and time again in this thread, and all over THP for that matter. But if you are looking for a fairway wood, check out the Heavenwood. Just absolutely ridiculously easy to hit off the turf. Long and straight, time and time again.

I've now ditched my 5Deep and 4hybrid because of the Heavenwood. 2 spare slots in the bag now, because it is that awesome.

I know it has been said time and time again in this thread, and all over THP for that matter. But if you are looking for a fairway wood, check out the Heavenwood. Just absolutely ridiculously easy to hit off the turf. Long and straight, time and time again.

I've now ditched my 5Deep and 4hybrid because of the Heavenwood. 2 spare slots in the bag now, because it is that awesome.
I am on a mission to find one and soon.

Got mine in today as well. Hoping it will replace my 3 hybrid, just higher and straighter.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I yanked my 4 hybrid out because I can choke down on the HW with better results.

Its pretty amazing to see how enduring this thread is and that people are still finding and falling in love with this club. I don't have the HW but you would have to pry the 3W & 5W out of my cold dead fingers. My 3W gets played off the tee nearly as much as my driver and I just love its flight and shape, such an awesome club. The V-Series is truly a gem from Callaway and its no surprise that the HW is so popular.

I still have my original HW in my golf locker in the garage and seldom use it. The face is small compared to what it is now and with the added technology it might be worth putting a new one in my bag. I used my original a lot from the rough until the hybrids came out and did an admirable job. Love the V-sole.

I yanked my 4 hybrid out because I can choke down on the HW with better results.

Exactly. Has anyone tried putting in a low spin or stiffer flex shaft than the stock. How did it compare? I am considering carrying two of these.

Heavenwood arrived last night. Playing in a scramble today--hoping the weather holds so I can see how this works for me. Having taken my 5w out of the bag last year, I have missed at times having a FW as an option from the fairway.

I still cannot ditch this thing for the GBB. I hit this club way too good. I honestly do not think I will ever get rid of it.

Had fun with the Heavenwood today. Hit it twice on the course and spent some time on the range afterwards. Even with the 82x Whiteboard, I'm hitting it high and it's fun to watch. Seems very forgiving--the ball doesn't want to curve a whole lot. On mishits when I was little left or right it didn't move much, it just started off line and kept its path. Really like the feel/sound it.

I hit my heavenwood for the first time today i played 9 and got to hit the club about 10 time (ya I wanted to hit it) and all I can say is WOW!!!!!

I continue to be impressed by how easy this club is to get up in the air and fly a consistent distance. Only negative for me is that I can miss big to the left if I get lazy with my swing. I tried to choke up to play a 195 yard par 3 and hooked it so bad I didn't even go look for it in a field.

Played 36 in lousy weather yesterday, and the Heavenwood was amazing. I am seriously considering ditching my 3W & 5W & just using the Heavenwood for all long fairway shots.

4 times yesterday I hit the green from 170+ (that's absolutely a first for me - never happens). On one hole I was 225 out & put a really good swing on it & hit it 212, just off the green.

The main reason I'm hitting this over my 3W is consistency. Yes, when I hit 3W well it goes farther, but there are too many times where if the lie is bad or I don't swing perfectly, I hit a poor shot & it goes 100 or less. With the Heavenwood, I rarely hit a poor shot. Average shots go 170, high, and straight. Not much loss of distance with less-than-perfect swings, and not as much side-to-side dispersion. The other nice thing is how the ball lands with such a steep angle that it seems to hold the green a lot better. The 3W & 5W generally roll through the green if I do hit it with them.

The hype for this club is well-deserved. I am really loving it!

Last two rounds I can't stop going left. I'm seeing it with other clubs in my bag, but not to the same extent. I need some range time.

Played 36 in lousy weather yesterday, and the Heavenwood was amazing. I am seriously considering ditching my 3W & 5W & just using the Heavenwood for all long fairway shots.

4 times yesterday I hit the green from 170+ (that's absolutely a first for me - never happens). On one hole I was 225 out & put a really good swing on it & hit it 212, just off the green.

The main reason I'm hitting this over my 3W is consistency. Yes, when I hit 3W well it goes farther, but there are too many times where if the lie is bad or I don't swing perfectly, I hit a poor shot & it goes 100 or less. With the Heavenwood, I rarely hit a poor shot. Average shots go 170, high, and straight. Not much loss of distance with less-than-perfect swings, and not as much side-to-side dispersion. The other nice thing is how the ball lands with such a steep angle that it seems to hold the green a lot better. The 3W & 5W generally roll through the green if I do hit it with them.

The hype for this club is well-deserved. I am really loving it!

Ditto for me! Exact ditto!

I would love to see you hit that Heavenwood Jeff/John, I bet it is something to behold. Keep us posted on how it goes.

I would love to see you hit that Heavenwood Jeff/John, I bet it is something to behold. Keep us posted on how it goes.

Will do. I didn't get out this weekend, but am hoping to play or get the range this week. Ball flight is high, very high ha

This was my favorite club besides my putter this weekend....

I decided to order one tonight, since I have been trying to figure out my gapping and I need something to hit off the deck. Hope it will treat me well.

Back