Current Driver & Shaft

Was fitted for a 915d2 w/ AD DI6, but actually going out today with a Matrix Reign Black that Kang gave me a great deal on. Hopefully it works out as well as the GD.

Not currently fit for what I'm playing. I provided a few details and was handed a shaft to test, said shaft does give me good results tho.

I'm shocked at the amount of 'No' answers in this thread. Getting fit for a driver is the key to unlocking both distance AND accuracy in my experience and in most cases it's free with purchase. Sure you can stumble upon a great combo but why not have numbers to back up and confirm what you are seeing?

No; not by what a true shaft fitting is. I will be going through a full fitting for the next driver though.

I'm shocked at the amount of 'No' answers in this thread. Getting fit for a driver is the key to unlocking both distance AND accuracy in my experience and in most cases it's free with purchase. Sure you can stumble upon a great combo but why not have numbers to back up and confirm what you are seeing?

I don't disagree, but I am seeing more benefits and gains by creating a consistent swing. Get that down and then use the new technology to go to the next level.

Yes, I was fit by a Titleist rep at a demo day, then went to Golfsmith and verified against other drivers before the purchase.

Yes. The head was chosen in a fitting early last year, and the shaft was a custom one off tailored to my feedback at Project X.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

I have never been fitted for a driver. I am playing the Callaway BBA 815 with the stock speeder shaft in stiff flex. It was a pro shop demo that I bought at the end of last year. I would love to get fitted for a driver.

Current combination of Callaway Great Big Bertha and Fujikura Speeder 661 was not obtained through a fitting, but that shaft was the result of a fitting with the Callaway Big Bertha head at the Callaway Performance Center at the Annika Academy.

Currently gaming a Cobra Fly-Z+ with the Matrix VLCT ST shaft, for which I was not fit, though I do hit it better than the driver it replaced.

Come to think of it, I don't think I've had a driver I've been fit for in awhile, but I've been progressively more distance with my driver. So maybe I'm just losing my way to a title shot. Or my swing is such that my misses are getting smaller.

Yes, fit at the UST/THP Shaft spectacular last month. Great experience to be able to try different shafts and get coupled with one that best fits my game.

Years ago I got fitted for a shaft for my then-new TM 580XD. The shaft ended up being a great match, but I don't remember now what it was. My current driver has a Project X, light flex shaft that fits my swing perfectly.

Not fitted, never been fitted. Current driver was bought based on demo session performance w/o seeing actual flight data.

Mine was but I've been improving my game steadily and want to make sure it's right based on my new swing. Need to setup an apt and either be validated or get a new one

whatever is in my signature, is what is in the bag

Not fitted just what passed the eye test at the range. Never actually been through a true driver fitting just irons. One day I will finally go through a true fitting instead of try and buy try and buy haha.

Hmm. ..driver head was fit to me by the Annika Academy last spring. And then Don Brown of Project X helped me dial in my custom shaft. I think that's a big fat yes to being fitted!

I was not fitted into my current driver and shaft combo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No. But after going thru an iron fitting it seriously has me pondering getting fit for a driver.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unfortunately not

Fittings can help with dispersion. Bring your big miss into a more playable shot.
I agree. Gotta get some semblance of a swing first, though.

Back