Current Driver & Shaft

Yes I was fit for my driver. Don't think I will ever buy another driver or set of irons with out being fit for them.

Current driver: Taylormade burner '08
Was it fitted, sorta. . . it "fit" what my wallet was willing to spend when I started golfing and needed a driver. I've been eyeing the new cobra drivers recently but haven't bit the bullet quite yet.

My current set up is Big Bertha Alpha 815 with an Aldila Rogue Silver 60R shaft. I was not fitted for it, but, did demo it on trackman against the XR driver and my then current driver. The numbers were best with the 815/Rogue set up at 10.5 degrees of loft and set on neutral. I should add that I was professionally fitted for that previous driver, but only for shaft. The head was a given.

Fitted for my current driver after trying several drivers and shafts on a launch monitor. Narrowed it down to a Cobra F6 and the GBB. Went to an outdoor range and worked with the fitter with combos of both clubheads. Landed on the GBB with the 50g Kuro Kage TiNi in stiff flex based on observed ball flight and feel. I'm still working on my swing, but the GBB definitely has a tighter pattern than the old Ping G15.

I was sorta fitted for the G15 as well. I walked in to hit a TM driver and asked for suggestions after he watched a few swings. He brought out a Callway and the G15 to go with the TM. I hit for maybe 30 minutes with the stock shafts and we decided, as he said, that the Callway was better, but not $200 better. I played with an aftermarket shaft for the G15 which I liked very much, but he told me it was no longer available.

Before that, it was four different drivers off the rack and one set driver over about twenty years.

I was not fit for my current driver. My last two drivers were purchased without being fit.

Funny enough, I spent 2 hours getting fitted today. Had 6 different drivers to start-King Ltd, M2, 816 DBD, 915 D2, 915 D3, Ping G30-compared against my current gamer. Tried multiple shafts and configurations on each, getting it whittled down until I have 2 left. The 915D2 wasn't quite as long as the DBD, but it had a tighter dispersion. Looking at the Titleist with an X-stiff white board and the DBD with X-stiff Rogue 70. I'll hit them again before I make a final decision.

I wasn't fitted for either the driver or shaft.

Was not hit for either driver head or shaft. I plan to head over to a fitter in the next month or so (just want to have some confidence in my swing) and see if any of the 4 shafts I have for GBB are the right one or if I need to look at something else.

Have been fitted twice same head different shafts, both done by my current coach. Change was made when we tinkered with a shaft he happened to have laying around.

We're tinkering now with heads and shafts as we improve my swing to find the best option. But current gamer is being beat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was fit almost 8 years ago and haven't replaced my driver. Basically the fitter only looked at swing speed and built me a driver he thought would work. I need to get a better fitting, and will next time I buy a driver.

Sent from the magic know everything box in my pocket

No my current one is not fit for me, neither have i had a fitting before.

Not at all fitted. 100% trial and error, unfortunately with a lot of errors along the way.

Because the thread is not asking what one is currently playing...:bulgy-eyes:
yes i see that know

Cobra Bio Cell set to 11.5 with Pxv Shaft in Stiff 62 grams that was custom fit for me on a LM with a pro fitter with the door open so we could see ball flight.

I will be putting a UST Elements Chrome Helium shaft in 59g stiff in though

I went thru a fitting for the G30/Fuel combo. This was at Club Champion. Full numbers review and analysis with a monitor. Multiple driver heads, and multiple shafts were tested.

Adapted that to the G30 LS Tec with the Fuel shaft. Played the D200 (with Aldila Tour Blue) from #THPLegacy - not fitted. Now, working with the King LTD, with the Fuel shaft. Using the shaft found during the original fitting, and that seems to work across drivers for me.

Not fitted for my driver...that was a bad idea.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Was fit for my last two drivers. Current setup is the same shaft I was fit for in the previous two fittings with a different head. So that makes it sort of a fitting. I guess.

Since I don't believe one gets fit by only trying stock shafts, I wasn't fitted for mine, but I did hit 6 different drivers on a launch monitor (GC2) indoors and I did adjust the settings on each and even changed shafts where wwe were able. We recorded all hits made, separated them by the adjustments that followed, then narrowed down to a final three. Optimized those, then looked at numbers, recalled what felt best as well. Before I picked it, I called two shaft manufacturers and tweeted two others, in addition to calling a fitting expert for this brand of clubs, before I chose the after market shaft I would go with. Then I called and ordered the club. I hit the clubs on a Monday and ordered them on a Thursday after all communication had taken place between myself and the head OEM and the shaft guys.

Definitely not fitted for my driver currently in my bag. This is a bargain driver that I picked up out of necessity.
Hopefully , I will get fit into a driver early this summer.

Question for THPers, is your current driver and shaft combo that you are playing fit for you? If so what was involved in the fitting?

Thanks.

I am playing the Cobra King LTD driver with the HZRDUS Yellow 63g 6.5

I was not fitted, but I've gamed enough shafts in enough heads to get a decent understanding of what I liked, and the knowledge provided by Project X gave me confidence in this pairing.

I originally purchased my GBB from Golf Mart with a Fujikura Speeder Evolution II TS and was playing it at 12.5º and was not fit for it. I wanted a shaft that was higher launching so I went with the Matrix 60X4 White Tie and I'm now playing the GBB at stated loft. I feel like the latter is a better combination for me at this point.

Taylormade SLDR S 460, 10 degree, fujikura regular flex shaft, was fitted at Golfsmith

M1 460 w/ Kuro Kage Silver shaft not fit. Hit it on simulators at GS, A/Bd against my old driver and others. Numbers on their simulator were good and I was carrying it 15-20 further on good swings.

Had to fit myself into driver combo. No fitters here with enough selection.

Nope. I liked the feel and flight of the stock setup and ordered with a shaft I wanted to try.

Back