Anyone else dream about golf?

Space Bandito

Baguette
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
2 Children
I had a dream last night that I was 6 under through 12 holes and was forced to end my round early to join an in progress forum event.... It was weird. 3 birdies in a row on the back nine was nice!

Do you dream?

Definitely! Especially if I've just played or I catch parts of the tournament on TV.

Sometimes, especially if I played well that day!

I will dream about golf the night before a tourney or serious game. But other than that I usually do not.

All the time and one event for sure #TheGrandaddy

Yep. I don't dream about it a lot, but I certainly have had more than a few dreams about it.

Yep...I'm always excited the night before a round. As I lay my head down, I always start thinking about the round and then the dream takes over. Then I dream about an amazing 2 under par round and *POOF*, I wake up.

All the time. Mostly nightmares about poor play....

I dream about golf every night. Funny but i dream about things I am working on.. I have been hitting the driver well but want a little draw. I used to be able to roll my wrists a little and hit a perfect little draw. That was when I was young. I replay courses hole by hole. I usually play the first hole and move consecutively through the round and I am usually asleep by the 5th hole. Sometimes I come up with answers while I am sleeping. Its funny it used to be fishing I would fish favorite trout streams to fall asleep waiting for that first hit... now its golf but fishing would work also.

My most recurring golf dream (or nightmare) is that I'm on a tee box, and I can't find an unobstructed swing. There is always something in the way, a tree, a wall or something that keeps me from making a swing. It ends up taking so long I wake up before ever being able to hit the shot. Very strange.

I have had dreams about THP events

I had golf dream recently. I played a round +3 and was so happy.

I've dreamed about being selected for THP events before. Also had a dream about playing Augusta National before though I never got off the first tee. My ball kept falling off the tee every time I teed it up. My group just left me and played on while I continued to try to get my ball teed up.

Last edited:
I've dreamed about being selected for THP events before. Also had a dream about playing Augusta National before though I never got off the first tee. My ball kept falling off the tee every time I teed it up. My group just left me and played on while I continued to try to get my ball teed up.
I've had similar dreams about THP events and Augusta.

All the time. I have a recurring dream about a fictional local course that is everything I would ever want in a self designed course.

I don't dream a lot in general, or if I do I don't remember much if any about it. If I do, it's usually about what's on my mind or what I had done recently. So, sometimes that's about golf. I know I had a lot of dreams about playing at The Hideaway when I got back from the Grandaddy in 2014...that was nice!

Never about golf. I used to windsurf a lot and would often have dreams where I could see people windsurfing out on the water enjoying a great windy day and I was stuck on land without my windsurfing gear.

cant say I dreamed about golf though now it might be possible....thanks. I just hope its a good dream.

But fwiw I had a recent dream I was a teen with my friends and we were on a talent show singing "my Girl" by the temptations and we sounded so darn great and just like the temptations. I was really amazed how great we sounded and couldn't believe how great but then realized it was my alarm clock and I woke up to "my Girl" on the radio clock.:D Funny stuff....it was so real that we sounded so great because it actually was real.

Sorry to go off topic but thought it funny to share :)

Last edited:
I had a dream that i got picked for this years Grandaddy team

My most recurring golf dream (or nightmare) is that I'm on a tee box, and I can't find an unobstructed swing. There is always something in the way, a tree, a wall or something that keeps me from making a swing. It ends up taking so long I wake up before ever being able to hit the shot. Very strange.

Wierd, I have this same dream Rob. Usually a beuatiful hole too but just can't find room to swing. Sometimes the steep sided tee box is too small for both feet and the ball. So frustrating.

I have very similar recurring dreams. Usually it is late in the day and I am trying to get a quick round in. I can never get off the first tee. It's usually some bizarre tee box or course and I'm trying to tee the ball on something other than an actual tee. Very strange and almost like a nightmare.

Wierd, I have this same dream Rob. Usually a beuatiful hole too but just can't find room to swing. Sometimes the steep sided tee box is too small for both feet and the ball. So frustrating.

I have very similar recurring dreams. Usually it is late in the day and I am trying to get a quick round in. I can never get off the first tee. It's usually some bizarre tee box or course and I'm trying to tee the ball on something other than an actual tee. Very strange and almost like a nightmare.

Probably 2-3/year I will have the "obstructed swing" or "obstructed line of flight" dream. A lot of times the hole is some impossible, unrealistic fairway through buildings, hallways or walkways, or something 10 yards wide, with OB property lines on both sides.

The dreams I have about golf always end up being bad.

The most reoccurring one I get is being on the tee at an event, and waiting and waiting. There is always something that keeps stopping me from teeing off. People walking in the fairway, ball falling off the tee, stuff like that. I have not once teed off in these dreams, and I wake up angry.

Probably 2-3/year I will have the "obstructed swing" or "obstructed line of flight" dream. A lot of times the hole is some impossible, unrealistic fairway through buildings, hallways or walkways, or something 10 yards wide, with OB property lines on both sides.
That's exactly what I was trying to say. Sometimes it is a normal course with an unusual tee box, but often it is some bizarre "course", sometimes even inside a building.

I wouldn't call them dreams but I've night terrors about the pull with my driver the last 3 weeks.

Back