Ohio, Indiana & Surrounding Area chat thread

Now it is hailing

Woooo, Ohio!! Freaking snow can bite my shiny metal ass..

Another humorous highlight of today's round:
Grins: "It is impossible to get a three on this hole."
Guess who got a 3 on this hole? (Hint: It was neither Ppania nor myself.)

Last edited:
Woooo, Ohio!! Freaking snow can bite my shiny metal ass..

I played with my son a quick 9 Friday at little mountain, and the wind went right through you. Guessing it was worse for you guys today.

Ok so here are my thoughts about our little "league" we can do this year.

Each "gathering" of 6 or more people will count as a tournament. If in a month someone attends more than 2 of these, they can use their 2 best scores points wise to count for the total.

All of these will be handicapped and go off of "Net Score". If 9 people show up, the 1st place gets 9 points, 2nd gets 8 and down the line.

Yesterday was easy handicap wise since we all played from the same tees. In the situations were that is not the case, the tee that the most people play form in a given round will be the "baseline" and for those that move up or back from those tees will need to calculate their new index for the round based off of that.

We can run this through October (to align with handicap season). If you can show up for a round great, if not this is all for fun so its really no big deal.

With that in mind, here are the updated standings through Roses Run

1. Robozeo-Net 76 wins 11 points
2. Mmaynard11-Net 80 (tie) wins 9.5 points
3. PhillyV-Net 80 (tie) wins 9.5 points
4. Hamfist-Net 81 wins 8 points
5. Mikedean441-Net 82 (tie) wins 6.5 points
6. Grins-Net 82 (tie) wins 6.5 points
7. Robman7-Net 84 wins 5 points
8 Gunner-Net 86 wins 4 points
9. Ppania-Net 87 wins 3 points
10. Misike-Net 89 wins 2 points
11. Ntanygd760-Net ? wins 1 point

If something doesnt look right with the above, or you have any questions, let me know

Last edited:
Ok so here are my thoughts about our little "league" we can do this year.

Each "gathering" of 6 or more people will count as a tournament. If in a month someone attends more than 2 of these, they can use their 2 best scores points wise to count for the total.

All of these will be handicapped and go off of "Net Score". If 9 people show up, the 1st place gets 9 points, 2nd gets 8 and down the line.

Yesterday was easy handicap wise since we all played from the same tees. In the situations were that is not the case, the tee that the most people play form in a given round will be the "baseline" and for those that move up or back from those tees will need to calculate their new index for the round based off of that.

We can run this through October (to align with handicap season). If you can show up for a round great, if not this is all for fun so its really no big deal.

With that in mind, here are the updated standings through Roses Run

1. Robozeo-Net 76 wins 11 points
2. Mmaynard11-Net 80 (tie) wins 9.5 points
3. PhillyV-Net 80 (tie) wins 9.5 points
4. Hamfist-Net 81 wins 8 points
5. Mikedean441-Net 82 (tie) wins 6.5 points
6. Grins-Net 82 (tie) wins 6.5 points
7. Robman7-Net 84 wins 5 points
8 Gunner-Net 86 wins 4 points
9. Ppapania-Net 87 wins 3 points
10. Misike-Net 89 wins 2 points
11. Ntanygd760-Net ? wins 1 point

If something doesnt look right with the above, or you have any questions, let me know

what part of the state are you planning on holding these?

what part of the state are you planning on holding these?

We're usually playing within 30 minutes of Cleveland. Mostly in the Akron/Stow area

We're usually playing within 30 minutes of Cleveland. Mostly in the Akron/Stow area
We need deals at sleepy hollow that seemed to be middle ground for all

I could probably do it every other Saturday. Sunday I play with my local group.

I could probably do it every other Saturday. Sunday I play with my local group.
Or heck we can sprinkle in the occasional 36 in 1 day too

My driver still is broken. But chipping and putting saved me. Had a blind chip above the green hit the pin twice and stayed on the lip

I wish Pine Hills wasn't so expensive. A really nice course and pretty central to everyone

It's an old style muni type course over hilly terrain. Usually in decent shape.
They do twilight's? 47 for 18 with a cart or 35 to walk on weekends for it looks kinda blah

My driver still is broken. But chipping and putting saved me. Had a blind chip above the green hit the pin twice and stayed on the lip

From behind some trees and through the brush. Pretty good shot!

They do twilight's? 47 for 18 with a cart or 35 to walk on weekends for it looks kinda blah

It's definitely not worth that kind of $$$$

It is pretty blah and definitely not worth that price. I know the main guy over at pine hills pretty well. If other people want me to talk to him I will. There's a mother course fairly close to sleepy hollow called Briarwood that is decent.

I'm a sleepy hollow fan. Always in great shape, greens are tough and sometimes unfair but the course itself is a great track and centrally located.

Back